2019 THP Bridgestone Championship at Firestone- Odds

JDax

The Finley Cooler
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 12.1
Just recovered from The Ben Hogan Experience, but there is no rest on the THP Event Calendar. Next week we turn our attention to the THP Bridgestone Championship, held at the Iconic Firestone CC North Course. 8 THP's were selected to play in this event, and paired into teams to take on 2 teams made up of Bridgestone Team Members.

When & Where
July 12-14
Firestone CC
Akron, OH

Each participant will also go through a full ball fitting right on location, as well as receiving as set of 3 Custom stamped XW-1 wedges. There is also a "bounty" component to this event; any team that beats a BSG team will receive multiple dozen personalized golf balls. On top of all of the swag, wedges, and VIP Events (happening while the Senior PLAYERS Championship event is being played the same weekend!!!) the winning team will receive the following prizes:

Custom Set of Bridgestone Woods and Irons
Tiger Woods Autograph Item
1 Year Supply of Bridgestone Golf balls

You can catch up on the build-up in this thread (a lot of course talk in here too):
https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...019-THP-Bridgestone-Championship-at-Firestone

Just another amazing event, in a year where the event calendar has been packed with amazing events. And the year isn't over yet, if you haven't attempted to sign up for an event this year, there are still some that are coming that look awesome.

The Teams- Preview:

Zack Kupperbusch & Adam Rehberg - Bridgestone Team 1- Combined Cap 7*

Elliot Mellow & Heather Arnold - Bridgestone Team 2- Combined Cap 7*

The combined cap of the Bridgestone Teams is an approximate, but close to accurate. What stands out is that both of the Bridgestone Teams are balanced Low/Mid pairings. That gives both of these teams an edge, I have seen personally some really good golf played by OEM sponsors this year. I expect this to continue in this event, the THP'ers better bring their lunch pails to quote @E1iterate.

@Pkorf & @GMan79- Combined Cap 13

This is the type of Low/High pairing that could make noise if they can take advantage of their pops and make some putts. I know that Pkorf will be ready to carry the load, and will absolutely have to put the ball in play off of the tee, I believe that he can. If GMan gets hot... Look out.

@Vortex & @Hoosiermess- Combined Cap 16

This is a Mid/High pairing, and they could get some help without a stanza of Alternate Shot appearing in the format. In the Shamble formats, Hoosier will pop almost every hole, watch the par 3's because that's where a team like this should gain ground on the field. Vortex will need to keep the ball in play off of the tee, to give them a chance to pull this off.

@Nerdy_81 & @Pete379- Combined Cap 12

In handicapped events the Mid/Mid pairs have my attention, because they get enough pops, that if they start Ham & Egging it and get it going they could live #LifeUnderNetPar and win the event. This event happens before Nerdy gets the benefit of the magic of Shaft Up & Danny Le, but they fit the pairing profile that I like in these events with a 15 & 9 going out together.

@djt311 & @SmiterOfPv1x
- Combined Cap 12

Take what I just said about the Nerdy & Pete pairing and apply it here to this Mid/Mid pairing. Someone gets hot with the driver and starts finding fairways, and that’s how #LifeUnderNetPar happens. A 10 & 14 is dangerous in Shamble Best Ball, and I think this pairing will do some real damage if they can handle the THP Event Heat.

The Format:

Although not confirmed, forms of Shamble make sense at this type of event. If a whole 18 gets played in the Shamble- Combined Score format, it makes it a little dicier to see one of the THP teams taking out the Bridgestone contingent.

Opening Odds- Comments:

The BSG team will open as betting favorites, as they are the most balanced. But one could make a case for taking any of the THP teams, especially if Alternate Shot or Shamble- Combined Score aren’t in the format of the completion. In these type of events, the math gives Mid/Mid pairings an advantage, so I like them the most out of the THP Teams. The chatter in the lead up has been awesome, and I can’t wait to follow along.

Odds to Win the 2019 THP Bridgestone Championship at Firestone:

Zack Kupperbusch & Adam Rehberg (Bridgestone Team 1) -150

Elliot Mellow & Heather Arnold (Bridgestone Team 2) -150

djt311 & SmiterOfPv1x +250

Nerdy_81 & Pete379 +250

Pkorf & GMan79 +350

Vortex & Hoosiermess +550

Some good odds for some of those teams right now. I like it.

81379 FTW!!!

I’ll take the +250 odds

• Staff
Some good odds for some of those teams right now. I like it.

1e75e2d7ac9654c1d7e1a31878f9e10f.gif

I have more knowledge of the South Course...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have not played with Nerdy_81, but have played with Pete379. I will take that team all day and twice on Sunday for the win.

• Staff
Have not played with Nerdy_81, but have played with Pete379. I will take that team all day and twice on Sunday for the win.

I like that team a lot... Don’t be surprised if I pick them if there is a Contest thread...

Oh talk about pressure. Pardner and I got this, but with the best odds of a THP team (tied for anyways) and both of us event virgins, we’ll need to rise to the occasion. We got this Pardner.

• Staff
Oh talk about pressure. Pardner and I got this, but with the best odds of a THP team (tied for anyways) and both of us event virgins, we’ll need to rise to the occasion. We got this Pardner.

Y’all will be fine...

add49c850a084e29e1007125c84e0e7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can’t wait to see which teams at least collect the “bounty” of balls, for beating the BSG teams.

Over 1’ -110
Under 1’ -110

Thanks @JDax. Hoosiermess and I have an uphill battle ahead but we're going to give it our best shot next week.

My home course is a tough track but the fairways are reasonably generous. Here are my FIR stats from the last three rounds.
Friday, 7/5: 13/14
Thursday, 7/4: 11/14
Wednesday, 7/3: 8/14

Fairways are a hit and miss proposition for my game. Based on photos, the Firestone fairways are tight with trees everywhere!!! I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Thanks @JDax. Hoosiermess and I have an uphill battle ahead but we're going to give it our best shot next week.

My home course is a tough track but the fairways are reasonably generous. Here are my FIR stats from the last three rounds.
Friday, 7/5: 13/14
Thursday, 7/4: 11/14
Wednesday, 7/3: 8/14

Fairways are a hit and miss proposition for my game. Based on photos, the Firestone fairways are tight with trees everywhere!!! I'm looking forward to the challenge.

He’s going to get a bunch of pops, just have to make them count... I’m rooting for all of y’all...

I’m rooting for all of us too. I’m pretty sure we were all winners once our name was called.

I’ll get competitive in round during the event because I’m pretty competitive, and competition is fun. But at the end of the day we’re all in for a once in a lifetime experience and I’ll be happy for whoever wins, particularly if my pardner does:)

I’ve also gotta wonder if PKorf shouldn’t be the favorite going in? He’s the low HC and he was a member at Firestone for a while. Course knowledge is a huge advantage for both him and his Pardner.

I almost never torch a course the first time on it. I take lines I shouldn’t and miss where it’s bad to miss from. That and knowing the greens? I’d take the line on his team in heartbeat.

Pardner and I still got this though, :)

He’s going to get a bunch of pops, just have to make them count... I’m rooting for all of y’all...

As a high cap I’m used to getting pops, and occasionally making the count. As things are starting to get real and the odds are out, the pressure is off, we’re supposed to lose.

I feel like we’ll rock the underdog moniker and could make some noise, I might even see if I can dig out my old underdog pjs. Might make a nice dinner outfit.

Let’s get it vortex!

Posted from the course.

342e0ebb24039aa50de7e4e0156f57a7.jpg

Nice work and thanks JDax.

It’s always fun to read these.

One quick note, it’s just Smiter now. Some say I chickened our but I prefer to say I went the PC route, lol. I also don’t use ProV1’s of any flavor anymore, and hadn’t for quite some time. No need to edit it though, ha!:)

As a high cap I’m used to getting pops, and occasionally making the count. As things are starting to get real and the odds are out, the pressure is off, we’re supposed to lose.

I feel like we’ll rock the underdog moniker and could make some noise, I might even see if I can dig out my old underdog pjs. Might make a nice dinner outfit.

Let’s get it vortex!

Posted from the course.

342e0ebb24039aa50de7e4e0156f57a7.jpg

You can wear whatever PJ’s you want roomie. Just so long as you wear some:)

Nice work and thanks JDax.

It’s always fun to read these.

One quick note, it’s just Smiter now. Some say I chickened our but I prefer to say I went the PC route, lol. I also don’t use ProV1’s of any flavor anymore, and hadn’t for quite some time. No need to edit it though, ha!:)

I noticed the name change after I already posted the opening post.

I’ve also gotta wonder if PKorf shouldn’t be the favorite going in? He’s the low HC and he was a member at Firestone for a while. Course knowledge is a huge advantage for both him and his Pardner.

I almost never torch a course the first time on it. I take lines I shouldn’t and miss where it’s bad to miss from. That and knowing the greens? I’d take the line on his team in heartbeat.

I sorta touch on @Pkorf 's advantage of knowing the greens with the "making putts" reference.

2019 THP Bridgestone Championship at Firestone- Odds

And out come the wolves.....and unnecessary needle moving???details like being a member at Firestone for a few years. sigggghhhhh.....

Look, I’ll say this, I’ve played the North. Ummm.....a lot. I know it. Sooo fwiw good or bad our team has that going for us. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you lulling us all into getting baited Smiter?

I sorta touch on @Pkorf 's advantage of knowing the greens with the "making putts" reference.

Yeah I think my guy needs slotted up a bit. Little home cooking for him.

Nicely done though. Should be a tight battle. I don’t think any team runs away and hides with it, and I don’t think any team gets boat races either.

Are you lulling us all into getting baited Smiter?

Mwaw? I would never. Anything outside of DFL will be fine, and even DFL will be fine. Fun it shall be! I’m trying to inspire confidence in myself to myself:) My Pardner is gonna save us anyways:)

I just pointed it out because every time I play a new course there’s a couple shots I thought were good that aren’t and since I can’t read greens worth a dang, knowing which way they’ll break is a good thing.

Feel free to throw me in any of the lakes there at any time, lol. I can swim, and at my body mass I mostly float anyways:)

+350........ill gladly lay some credits on that right this moment before it goes anywhere. Switching drivers this weekend to find some magic in a bottle.....

Yeah I think my guy needs slotted up a bit. Little home cooking for him.

Nicely done though. Should be a tight battle. I don’t think any team runs away and hides with it, and I don’t think any team gets boat races either.

I can concur that there will be noooooo boat racing. Lol

Back