The Best Root Beer

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I just had a Diet A&W and it was pretty good, but got me wondering about the best root beers. What is the best to you?

Aviator. Made by a local brewery near me. Don't think they sell it anywhere but at their taproom and their restaurant. Pretty sure they don't bottle it or can it at all actually.

Without getting all crafty and nerdy about some brand that sells 6 packs for 15$ I like Barqs.

Rarely every drink anything with sugar though.

Barq's Root Beer - not too sweet, good availability, and I had the chance to tour the factory before it got big (so I may be a little biased).

IBC is a very close second.

My 10 year old daughter is a self appointed "root beer connoisseur" and her choice is Dominion.

Barq's is one of my favorites. A&W is my go to though, if I'm in the mood for Root Beer, which I'm usually not.

If we're just talking brands available everywhere, IBC for me. Although the rootbeer on tap at A&W stores is really good too.

the best I've ever had was a small place that I can't even remember where it was, but they made their own rootbeer in house and it was fantastic.

If you're in Michigan, Faygo is always a good way to go.

Sprecher brewery in Milwaukee makes some really good root beer...

Having my grandmother take me to A&W every other week for a frosted mug filled with A&W root beer when I was a kid.... Nothing else will be better than that.

IBC then Barq's if I'm not putting rum in it.

A&W for floats and rum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weeping Radish Brewery homemade Rootbeer in OBX NC and it's not close

Having my grandmother take me to A&W every other week for a frosted mug filled with A&W root beer when I was a kid.... Nothing else will be better than that.

I didn't get to go that often, but same thing for me. Love A&W. Barqs is good, but I am trying to stay away from all soft drinks now.

I don't know if anything beats an ice cold mug of rootbeer from an actual A&W stand, but diet A&W is very good.

I just had a Diet A&W and it was pretty good, but got me wondering about the best root beers. What is the best to you?
Without googling it. Do you know what A&W stands for? On the honor system here :D

Without googling it. Do you know what A&W stands for? On the honor system here :D

I didn't, but when I googled it, it was along the same lines of what I was thinking it would be.

I have no idea who Anderson Williams is, but no that's not it.

It's my answer because I think it's two names combined as one... but thanks for letting me down easy with my wrong answer....

IBC Root Beer wins all day for me.

IBC for me. However, root beer is just too sweet so I rarely drink it.

Can't believe someone hasn't chimed in with 'Not your Father's Root Beer'.

Its Allen and Wright isnt it? I know Wright is right, but cant remember if Allen is correct.

Back