The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tonight I left the range a little early. But I came away with a great feeling. When I feel like I'm really extending down the line with my swing I feel so connected to the golf shot. It's one of those feeling that I don't even really need to look up, cause I know it was pured. Usually resulting in the softest most beautiful draw. It's such an awesome feeling.

Great stuff, man. Such a nice feeling having a session like that and just about the best way to finish the day.

I had a nice session as well. Was hitting off mats, which is not my favorite but hit it pretty well. Wanted to compared a few drivers and worked mostly on my tempo trying not to get too fast on my transition. I've been feeling like my hands have been getting too far behind my body, so I focused on taking my time at the top almost starting down with my hands first. Definitely hit it better and more consistently that I have been.

mini range session before the rain started tonight. Only hit about 40 balls, but was really focused on my swing and trying to groove what I want out of it. The last couple of times I have played, my swing has felt really mechanical and it started to mess with me. Good results overall, but I will need to do that a couple more times. Ended the session with some diver swings to see how I liked my driver at 12.5.

Had a fantastic range session tonight. I kept it short since it was going so well and didn't really work on anything. Just swung and had fun.

If this full swing success continues I'll need to switch my attention to short game real soon. It's been pretty dreadful lately.

Spent a couple hours at the range tonight, hit 100 balls, dialled my wedges in, tried to figure out my driver, atlas I got something sorted out!

I headed to a local par 3 for some practice on my lunch break as soon as my 588 MT/Altitude set came in.

This was a bad idea for a lot of reasons.

First, the course was PACKED. School vacation week. A dad & his son let me tee off with them on the 1st hole, then I skipped a sixsome on #2 (yes that's right). Then I skipped a fivesome on #3.

Then I promptly lost 3 balls on 4 & 5 due to flying WAY over greens, thanks to not having yardage down.

Lost a ball on 6 for taking too little club and ending up in the drink.

Hit the PW so awesome though :) Pitched, chipped, and putted a bunch to work on that since I need some work in those areas. Dropped a number of balls in a few bunkers too. Definitely need some range time with these sticks, hopefully tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit the range early today, started with my wedges and worked up to my 4 iron. I worked on making sure I made a good shoulder turn, I sometimes swing too much with my arms, causing weak shots. Once I settled in, I hit them pretty solid, all the way up to my 4 iron. Finished up with my driver, same thing, when I turn the shoulders, good things happen.

Had a pretty good range session today. Took my time working on balance and takeaway, hit a lot of 7i-PW. Saw some much better things than I did on the course over the weekend but lots of work to do.

Still considering a few lessons or maybe I should get a video up and let Tadashi take a look. Been concerned with lie angle as of late, seeing quite of bit of green out toward the toe on my irons.

Went to the range tonight worked on my takeaway loading into the right leg, and keeping the right elbow tucked in to my side.

Then I worked on using the lower body to start the swing and be the power plant of the swing.

Saw some good results, lower LA and a little fall draw or fall cut where the ball didn't move till it was just about at its apex

I love where my golf game is currently. Got my typical iron distances back after the last couple times out, and I'm striking the ball with a lot of confidence right now. If I could have gotten some putts to drop last night I could have gone real low, as I was giving myself some good looks at birdie. Still, +3 on the back harder half of a decent course with fast greens I will take right now. Just need to keep practicing the left hand low putting and I feel I can set some real low PB's this year. #own125 will be huge, including and especially the putting aspect if I want to reach my goal of a 5 HC this year.

Spent some get acquainted time on the range today with the new sticks. Aside from 5 wedges in a row to warm up, and 5 driver shots about halfway through the bucket, I did my best to take no more than 2 shots in a row with each club, often just hitting one then moving on.

Gotta say I absolutely love the UST graphites on these clubs. For a slower swinger like myself, I saw some excellent height and trajectory with all the irons, and the feel is awesome. The Altitudes though... not as much love. I never get along with hybrids and I was hoping these would be different... nope. Hit a few OK shots but the majority were worm burners. I was killing my Heavenwood, and not able to get consistency out of the 4 & 5 Altitudes. I may try to swap them for MTs to go with the rest of the set.

On the REAL plus side, looks like I've really figured out the Knuth finally. Still not a fan of the sound, but I was pounding them straight all day. I'll take that!

Spent some get acquainted time on the range today with the new sticks. Aside from 5 wedges in a row to warm up, and 5 driver shots about halfway through the bucket, I did my best to take no more than 2 shots in a row with each club, often just hitting one then moving on.

Gotta say I absolutely love the UST graphites on these clubs. For a slower swinger like myself, I saw some excellent height and trajectory with all the irons, and the feel is awesome. The Altitudes though... not as much love. I never get along with hybrids and I was hoping these would be different... nope. Hit a few OK shots but the majority were worm burners. I was killing my Heavenwood, and not able to get consistency out of the 4 & 5 Altitudes. I may try to swap them for MTs to go with the rest of the set.

On the REAL plus side, looks like I've really figured out the Knuth finally. Still not a fan of the sound, but I was pounding them straight all day. I'll take that!

I like what I'm reading buddy, keep up the good work

I like what I'm reading buddy, keep up the good work

I've got teammates to help out and a region to represent, so I'm going to keep on grinding!

Today was a really exciting day for me. I had one of those moments where things just clicked. The same thing happened to me last year and I played some of my best golf of my life at that time. It happened during a practice swing where everything just felt smooth and my swing felt as powerful as it ever has and I made great ball contact.

I really think it has to do with the fact that I started working out again last week and my flexibility is starting to increase again (the exact same thing as last year). My weight shift felt great, I was able to take the club back further in the backswing and I could clear my body. I am extremely excited to get back out to the course and see if I can replicate this!

4th day in a row at the range (those that know me know how shocking this is) really seeing some great improvements. Trying to force myself to hit a draw today and get myself out of my little cut comfort zone. Went extremely well for the most part had a few stinkers but that is to be expected everyday. Tomorrow will be a few hours on the putting green with a break from hitting balls. Really hoping to improve the tempo and consistency of my swing. I can hit some good shots just have no consistency in my setup and tempo so working towards that is my first goal.

I think I can score pretty well if I can just get out of my own way and let my swing be my swing

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Oh Golf. How you like to just slap me in the face when I think I am improving.

Headed to the range this afternoon in the hopes of getting some swing videos. I got some videos for sure. Not a single decently hit ball was captured on video.

I definitely need to stick to my routine at the range. Short game, some wedges, then work my way through the bag and leave driver until the end. My swing got out of whack right off the bat, and I struggled to work it back to how I want.

I am just not a range rat at all anymore. I used to love it, would be there every day. Now I would rather be on the putting green any day.

The THP Range/Practice Thread

Hit the driving range, short game area, and putting green after my round today.
Still trying to ingrain a different swing thought, not working very well. Had some good shots, although had too many pulls.
Worked on putting distance control, as well as five and six footers. Missing too dang many of those.
Spent some time with the Callaway p.m. grind 62 at the short game area, bunkers and chip shots. Good success, many two hop and stop shots, which is new for me.

Had a good long range session. Tried to work on taking my time and work on the swing positions before each shot with my irons and woods. Tempo with irons was really good. Ball flight was really good and I may have squeaked some extra yards out of the irons. When I focused on swinging the 5w with the thought if swinging like a 7i it was met with good results. When I hit quick and tried to crush the ball things went a little awry but not bad.

driver was a struggle as I battled an open club face or coming out of the shot and hitting lots of pushes and some push fades. Struggled with tempo and overswinging. Took some more swings near the end after hitting some 6i and it was a little better. Added swing thought of turning belt buckle to the target and keeping back to target longer.

Overall feeling good where the swing is and know I can get back to hitting better drives with the extra work and focus.

Not Being a little cocky here but I'm hitting the ball so well.I was afraid I would've lost what I had earlier this week.Im literally just swinging and every ball has a little 5 to 10 yard draw curve to it.My pro showed me another simple simple little tip on Wednesday that also gave me a few more yards as well.Cant believe how i just swing and every ball reacts this way.The path and clubface must be in the right places.Hard for me to grasp,so I'm not going to worry about it and just enjoy the look

i can swing easy/hard / half or full swing and they are all curving

Swings in the backyard into the net this afternoon..... It would be rude to go to the range with the father-in-law in the house by himself, so I excused myself to do some "yardwork".

Trying to work on weight shift.... trying being the operative word. It is like my body has forgotten how to make that motion.

Swings in the backyard into the net this afternoon..... It would be rude to go to the range with the father-in-law in the house by himself, so I excused myself to do some "yardwork".

Trying to work on weight shift.... trying being the operative word. It is like my body has forgotten how to make that motion.
Man i would suggest some lessons from a qualified pro.Not being rude,but these guys in person can really help us

Hit the range tonight with the focus of loading into my right side and burying my left knuckle into the turf had great success with 7i through wedges and driver but struggled with the 4i. Which was either a cut or a push cut with the occasional toe ball that went nowhere, worked with partial swings and at partial speed to get the ball to draw hook which eventually got me hitting the 4i straight again.

Man i would suggest some lessons from a qualified pro.Not being rude,but these guys in person can really help us
Not everyone learns the same though. You can learn a lot from online instruction, especially if you have a camera set up you can watch live while swinging. That said lessons are never going to be a bad idea.

True But I bought that mpmig video and the one called drive for money.Couldnt understand anything those 2 were talking about.Nothing could've helped a hacker like me more than one on one extensive lessons.If I tried to follow those videos i bought or signed up for online lessons I'm positive I wouldn't be where I am now.Heck I might've just quit the game if I headed down that road.This game is so hard but I'm really enjoying it now

Weight shift has been something I've struggled with as well, making a proper turn and keeping my back leg from breaking down has made a big difference.

True But I bought that mpmig video and the one called drive for money.Couldnt understand anything those 2 were talking about.Nothing could've helped a hacker like me more than one on one extensive lessons.If I tried to follow those videos i bought or signed up for online lessons I'm positive I wouldn't be where I am now.Heck I might've just quit the game if I headed down that road.This game is so hard but I'm really enjoying it now
I am about a week into my new swing using my drive for dough swing style/video. It has made hitting the center of the driver super easy compared to the more vertical swing I was using before. The video is a good fit for me and how I like to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back