Callaway XR16 Driver Review Thread

Jman saying that he was high with the 10.5 but wants higher has me very curious.

Perhaps I'm crazy for thinking I already launch high enough.

Nothing like experts and monitors to help dial it in.

This was the winner for me at #THPClubClash. The feel, sound, looks, forgiveness, and distance were all tops for me. The stock shaft agreed with me also.

I've been looking around for one for sale ever since I got home. The shaft choices at Callaway.com will make your head spin. Time to go to the store to get a fitting.

This was the winner for me at #THPClubClash. The feel, sound, looks, forgiveness, and distance were all tops for me. The stock shaft agreed with me also.

I've been looking around for one for sale ever since I got home. The shaft choices at Callaway.com will make your head spin. Time to go to the store to get a fitting.

I saw you hit some seriously good balls with this one.

Did someone say big time launch? This one may be making a trip to my bag soon.

high launch and high peak height for me.

Jman saying that he was high with the 10.5 but wants higher has me very curious.

i would need to go back to the pic of the card but irrc my peak height was 120'. Launch was 14.5 iirc. Ball speed was 153(saw around this number with most drivers). I had 3900ish spin but that was more swing and even so with the high winds the ball just stayed at peak and kept going

Had my all time longest drive yesterday using this driver. Really can't say enough about it. Love it.

Hahaha, I said higher end to me dude, different from the #Cookie scale lol

It does def launch higher than the GBB for me, and it showed on monitor at Club Clash too.

In all the debate as to what I'll put in this, when I walked in my man-cave this evening to put a couple putter son the putter rack, what fell over at my feet?

THP Green HZRDUS profile shaft.

Um, yes, finally something to put it into. Will tip trim it a bit and get it installed.

Also found the Speed RULZ shafts....this is going to be ....difficult.

In all the debate as to what I'll put in this, when I walked in my man-cave this evening to put a couple putter son the putter rack, what fell over at my feet?

THP Green HZRDUS profile shaft.

Um, yes, finally something to put it into. Will tip trim it a bit and get it installed.

Also found the Speed RULZ shafts....this is going to be ....difficult.

The THP green launched high for me, I bet you would enjoy it in that head

Two rounds in with the XR. Still don't have the same control I do with the Vapor Pro, but I'm absolutely hitting the ball further. Really like the Fubuki ZT paired with this head.

Hit a few balls that seemed to just go forever.

The THP green launched high for me, I bet you would enjoy it in that head

This, I like.

I've never tipped it because it clashes with my beautiful blue GBB.

Bumped this up to 12.5 and hit it on the range. Ball flight was much better for me. Some mega bombs for sure. Still trying to find a good shaft for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely pounded this on the course today. My home course has finally started to dry out a bit, so starting to get a feel for distance. Hit 2 in particular today that were very deep for me. Such a fun driver. High launch, fast ball speed, and forgiving. The complete package.

This or the pro will be my next upgrade from the 815 alpha. Whichever is more comfortable and forgiving.

XR16 with an OBAN Shaft is a great combo. Oban has a few choices depending on weight/flex you need. The pro model is 440 cc instead of 460 cc for standard XR. Found the 460 cc a bit more forgiving, can't go wrong either way.

First time hitting this outdoors today and I'm really impressed. Easy to hit solid, high, drives at 9* and the stock stiff shaft. I don't think it's longer for me than the Vapor Pro, but it may be just as long, and more forgiving. Couldn't see where the balls were landing in the fading light. It's going to have to come down to averages to separate the two I guess.

Bumped this up to 12.5 and hit it on the range. Ball flight was much better for me. Some mega bombs for sure. Still trying to find a good shaft for this.

So much intrigue for me here. I think the minute it comes in, first go round with it on course/monitor will be at 12.5.

Does anyone know the head weight?

Hell yes I did.

228f5613c54f3cb9291980dc1181460d.jpg

Looking forward to trying this club on Friday at a club I've been invited to play

I won't lie, with how I hit it at ClubClash I kinda wish I had the stock Speeder.

Freaking BOMBS for me that Sunday. Was borderline hilarious at times.

Callaway XR16 Driver Review Thread

Yesssssss James!

Also, depending on what you have laying around, I might be interested in a shaft swap.

Yesssssss James!

Also, depending on what you have laying around, I might be interested in a shaft swap.

Haha, I have things....

Haha, I have things....

Whatever you think would work for me. My shaft knowledge is weak, that's why I have you to tell me what I need.

Whatever you think would work for me. My shaft knowledge is weak, that's why I have you to tell me what I need.

Let me take a peek at whats in the man cave this weekend, I think I have something perfect (and FREAKING badass).

Back