Cobra KING F6 Irons Review & Interview

First round with these in the books. These will be a lot of fun. Need to adjust to new distances.
Couple of things that stuck out. Had 160 to an elevated green and I took out a 6 iron and shot it 10 yards past the green. That shot would have been a 5 iron in the past for me.
Last hole had 225 to the hole and it was an elevated green again. Took out my 4 iron and was hoping to get it to the bottom of the hill and chip on. I smoked it and it landed about 3 feet from the front of the green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That right there is a huge statement!!!

First round with these in the books. These will be a lot of fun. Need to adjust to new distances.
Couple of things that stuck out. Had 160 to an elevated green and I took out a 6 iron and shot it 10 yards past the green. That shot would have been a 5 iron in the past for me.
Last hole had 225 to the hole and it was an elevated green again. Took out my 4 iron and was hoping to get it to the bottom of the hill and chip on. I smoked it and it landed about 3 feet from the front of the green.

Not a bad first go with the new sticks.

Anything else to report about these irons?

That right there is a huge statement!!!

The distance is crazy for me with these. Really easy to hit and super forgiving. It would be fun to see what a golfer better then me could do with these.

Last edited:
Not a bad first go with the new sticks.

Anything else to report about these irons?

I was shocked how easily I gained confidence with them. I didn't feel I had a great swing today at all, but I noticed that I didn't need to swing super hard to get them to work for me. Smooth swings that i felt as if they were slow had really good results.
Forgiveness is really good, I had some mishits but even my mishits weren't completely terrible.
The short irons and wedges are great because I am still able to shape a shot. The longer irons are easy to hit and get up in a hurry.

I was shocked how easily I gained confidence with them. I didn't feel I had a great swing today at all, but I noticed that I didn't need to swing super hard to get them to work for me. Smooth swings that i felt as if they were slow had really good results.
Forgiveness is really good, I had some mishits but even my mishits weren't completely terrible.
The short irons and wedges are great because I am still able to shape a shot. The longer irons are easy to hit and get up in a hurry.
Great stuff. Can't wait to hear more

I'm pleased that these are working out for you so well, kb. Now I'm even more torn. I was really considering Ping G's, but I've always been a Cobra fan. Experiences such as your's really push me to want the F6's to beat out the G's when I get fit next week.

I'm pleased that these are working out for you so well, kb. Now I'm even more torn. I was really considering Ping G's, but I've always been a Cobra fan. Experiences such as your's really push me to want the F6's to beat out the G's when I get fit next week.

They are really good. I played again today and although I was not very good these irons really helped me. It's nice to have something that I have confidence in and feel I can hit a decent shot on a mediocre swing. I can't wait to get these dialed in.

I really recommend these and when you go for the sitting really try to hit like a 7 iron, a set wedge, and a long iron ( 4 or 5) it will really make you appreciate the technology flows and how it works.

They are really good. I played again today and although I was not very good these irons really helped me. It's nice to have something that I have confidence in and feel I can hit a decent shot on a mediocre swing. I can't wait to get these dialed in.

I really recommend these and when you go for the sitting really try to hit like a 7 iron, a set wedge, and a long iron ( 4 or 5) it will really make you appreciate the technology flows and how it works.

From what you are saying, it appears the clubs are very forgiving. I wonder if their forgiveness is on par with the Ping Q series irons? My usual "bad" shot is catching it toward the toe. Have you found that the F6's help keep the ball straight in such instances?

From what you are saying, it appears the clubs are very forgiving. I wonder if their forgiveness is on par with the Ping Q series irons? My usual "bad" shot is catching it toward the toe. Have you found that the F6's help keep the ball straight in such instances?

It's funny u say that, I am cleaning my irons right now and I can't believe all the toe side ball marks. So that had been where ive been hitting the ball a lot and I really didn't know that. I knew I wasn't catching it perfect but didn't realize how often I was towards the toe. Felt as if the distance was fine with my shots.
My other miss is thin a lot too and I noticed today that there were shots that I totally mishit and would have been like a 60 yard roller, but with these they were getting up a little bit more and more distance. Part of that is fitting because the fitter made it + .5 to help with that miss. Kind of embarrasing to admit that I do that but I think it speaks to the forgiveness of the clubs.
Next time I go to the range I am going to pay more attention to that.

It's funny u say that, I am cleaning my irons right now and I can't believe all the toe side ball marks. So that had been where ive been hitting the ball a lot and I really didn't know that. I knew I wasn't catching it perfect but didn't realize how often I was towards the toe. Felt as if the distance was fine with my shots.
My other miss is thin a lot too and I noticed today that there were shots that I totally mishit and would have been like a 60 yard roller, but with these they were getting up a little bit more and more distance. Part of that is fitting because the fitter made it + .5 to help with that miss. Kind of embarrasing to admit that I do that but I think it speaks to the forgiveness of the clubs.
Next time I go to the range I am going to pay more attention to that.

lol! Are you my long-lost twin, or what?! We both toe many shots and I tend to catch a few (ok, too many) thin as well. I got "fit" last week, but I felt it was a poor fitting session (more my fault than his). However, 1 thing that came out of it is, as with you, I need my clubs .5 longer. I'm only 5'8", but my arms appear to be a touch short. Hence, his recommendation for the additional length. I never got to compare the F6's with the G's. I'm going back next week and refused to leave until I can do that comparison.

A quick question. Are you happy with the long irons? I've been playing a 4 hybrid, and at times a 5 hybrid. I would much prefer to only have either a 7 wood or a 3 hybrid in my bag, and to be able to return to hitting long irons.

lol! Are you my long-lost twin, or what?! We both toe many shots and I tend to catch a few (ok, too many) thin as well. I got "fit" last week, but I felt it was a poor fitting session (more my fault than his). However, 1 thing that came out of it is, as with you, I need my clubs .5 longer. I'm only 5'8", but my arms appear to be a touch short. Hence, his recommendation for the additional length. I never got to compare the F6's with the G's. I'm going back next week and refused to leave until I can do that comparison.

A quick question. Are you happy with the long irons? I've been playing a 4 hybrid, and at times a 5 hybrid. I would much prefer to only have either a 7 wood or a 3 hybrid in my bag, and to be able to return to hitting long irons.

Haha. I am only 5'9 and the +.5 really helps. I never would have thought about that honestly.

I honestly love the 4 & 5 iron a lot. I am thinking about getting the 3 iron as well. They are so easy to hit and get airborn. They honestly feel like a utility club or a small hybrid in my hands with the full hollow tech. I don't know if I can work the ball with them but I can hit it high and straight. I have been close to getting on a couple short par 5s in 2 shots. Which never happens for me.
I will admit that i really have struggled with hybrids since I got back into golf and have a huge mental block with fairway woods for some reason. So for me they are perfect.

Haha. I am only 5'9 and the +.5 really helps. I never would have thought about that honestly.

I honestly love the 4 & 5 iron a lot. I am thinking about getting the 3 iron as well. They are so easy to hit and get airborn. They honestly feel like a utility club or a small hybrid in my hands with the full hollow tech. I don't know if I can work the ball with them but I can hit it high and straight. I have been close to getting on a couple short par 5s in 2 shots. Which never happens for me.
I will admit that i really have struggled with hybrids since I got back into golf and have a huge mental block with fairway woods for some reason. So for me they are perfect.

That's great to know! I'm similar in regard to hybrids and fairway woods. For instance, I was able to play a round today. Hit 3 fairway woods. The 1st was beautiful, the 2nd was absolute junk, and the 3rd was decent, at best. As usual with my hybrids, I had to fight against being a hook-machine. I also prefer hitting recovery shots with irons, as I always seem to pop hybrids up with trying to use them in such situations.

That's great to know! I'm similar in regard to hybrids and fairway woods. For instance, I was able to play a round today. Hit 3 fairway woods. The 1st was beautiful, the 2nd was absolute junk, and the 3rd was decent, at best. As usual with my hybrids, I had to fight against being a hook-machine. I also prefer hitting recovery shots with irons, as I always seem to pop hybrids up with trying to use them in such situations.

Very similar to my experience. Especially with the hybrids. I honestly don't know if I will play a hybrid or fairway wood for the rest of the season because of how bad I am struggling with them and how well I am hitting the 4 iron.
I hit a lot of recovery shots with my 4 iron today and it was nice to have it because I could keep the ball low and straight.

Thanks for all the info, kb. It really helps finding someone similar to myself and learning from their experience. I am definitely going to make the fitter work with me on determining if my new sticks will be Cobra or Ping.

By the way, (you may have already mentioned this before) what shaft did you go with in your F6's?

Thanks for all the info, kb. It really helps finding someone similar to myself and learning from their experience. I am definitely going to make the fitter work with me on determining if my new sticks will be Cobra or Ping.

By the way, (you may have already mentioned this before) what shaft did you go with in your F6's?

No problem at all. They are fun and I think they would help a lot of people. I have the stock red tie in stiff

Any new thoughts on these?

Anything with this line that you don't like? How is turf interaction?

Any new thoughts on these?
I picked up a set of these thanks to THP and Cobra. 5-PW, should have pics and more thoughts on them tomorrow after my round.
A few things from some swings over the weekend.
1. These look great in hand, really digging the finish.
2. They feel very light to me...which is a really really good thing.
3. Trajectory was in line with what i was seeing from my current set.

I picked up a set of these thanks to THP and Cobra. 5-PW, should have pics and more thoughts on them tomorrow after my round.

Oh damn we need to schedule something

I hit 441s this past weekend, and I was impressed.

Impressed enough to not hit a single shot with my irons during our sunday round.

Sweet. I like what I am reading so far and can't wait to hear more. As far as the looks go these are just amazing. I looked at them at Dicks on 2 separate occasions unfortunately was unable to hit them but I am determined to and soon.

Player 9 with my dad this morning. I seriously am in love with these irons. So much fun to play. I hit 5 greens in regulation today and almost got 2 par 5s in 2. The ability for me to go drive and then 4 iron into a par 5 is something I have never had before. I am still getting used to the distances but it's a good problem.
Couple highlights: 150 to elevated green (played it as a 155 yard shot) and I smoked a 7 iron 15 feet past the hole.
Gap wedge from 113 and it stopped on 1 bounce (somehow) about 8 feet from the hole.
4 iron off the tee was good for me on 2 holes where I needed a tight shot.
Last part, I had my dad hit a couple shots and he was really impressed by how easy they were to get up in the air.

Player 9 with my dad this morning. I seriously am in love with these irons. So much fun to play. I hit 5 greens in regulation today and almost got 2 par 5s in 2. The ability for me to go drive and then 4 iron into a par 5 is something I have never had before. I am still getting used to the distances but it's a good problem.
Couple highlights: 150 to elevated green (played it as a 155 yard shot) and I smoked a 7 iron 15 feet past the hole.
Gap wedge from 113 and it stopped on 1 bounce (somehow) about 8 feet from the hole.
4 iron off the tee was good for me on 2 holes where I needed a tight shot.
Last part, I had my dad hit a couple shots and he was really impressed by how easy they were to get up in the air.

Sounds like the set gap wedge is legit?

Sounds like the set gap wedge is legit?

Love that club. First time having a set gap wedge and I really like how easy full shots are. Pitching wedge was really good for me too.

Sounds like really good first impressions. Looking forward to more of your feedback, Mike!

Back