Wilson Staff D200 Driver Review Thread

D200 Hybrids

D200 Hybrids

I have the 3 and 4 hybrids. They are beasts.

Thanks, Rusty. I really leaning that way. Actually thinking about the 3 and 4 hybrids as well.

I don't want to saturate this thread with talk about hybrids since it's the D200 driver thread, but are you playing them with the stock EC shafts?

Pulled the trigger on the 3W and 5W today. I actually dig the stock shaft, and I picked up about 15 yards over the old X Hots with better dispersion. Easy choice.

Pulled the trigger on the 3W and 5W today. I actually dig the stock shaft, and I picked up about 15 yards over the old X Hots with better dispersion. Easy choice.
Glad you found something that works for you. Have fun hitting the new sticks.

Thanks, Rusty. I really leaning that way. Actually thinking about the 3 and 4 hybrids as well.

I don't want to saturate this thread with talk about hybrids since it's the D200 driver thread, but are you playing them with the stock EC shafts?

You bet.

3 Wood

3 Wood

I think you'll really be happy with them with the stock EC shaft. I love the 3 wood and have hit some rockets with it.

If anyone is going to the THP/Wilson event later in the year, could they p/u 1 or 2 D200 driver adapters for me? Email me for further discussion. Thanks guys.

It it was cool to see the D200 getting a little love at Club Clash even though THPers have had it in hand since Oct. of 2014.

This driver continues to be the longest, most forgiving I've ever played. It can't help me when my swing is absolute garbage, but it can compensate for a lot of my flaws.

It it was cool to see the D200 getting a little love at Club Clash even though THPers have had it in hand since Oct. of 2014.

This driver continues to be the longest, most forgiving I've ever played. It can't help me when my swing is absolute garbage, but it can compensate for a lot of my flaws.

I was happy to see that, too, from the testers. I saw some comments about how loud it is, though? Either I am completely numb to the sound, or the particular shaft I have alters the sound, because I think the D200 is one of the better sounding drivers on the market. It's probably a bit ironic that my two "gamer" drivers are the D200 (which has a good sound, IMO) and the G30 LS Tec (which does not have a good sound, IMO).

I remember reading-up on the D200, as we were prep-ing for #THPLegacy, and wondering if the driver head might be a bit too spinny... Range day, with a tweak in ball placement, plus some initial swings on the launch monitor proved me so very wrong. All of those carries over the waste areas at TB? I didn't think twice about aiming right out over them, confident I was going to get the carry I needed.

This club was surprisingly good. Easy elevation and good carry distance. Takes a few swings to get used to the light weight feel but it's a bomber

This club was surprisingly good. Easy elevation and good carry distance. Takes a few swings to get used to the light weight feel but it's a bomber

it's funny, heard multiple times during the range day "wait that's a Wilson?" It's been around for what seems forever now, and it's still so good.

it's funny, heard multiple times during the range day "wait that's a Wilson?" It's been around for what seems forever now, and it's still so good.
Indeed. I hit phillyv's what seems years ago and it was as good then as it was this past weekend

I loved hearing the feedback on this club - it may not be getting quite as much love as some of the other drivers because it has been out for more than a year. But it seemed that everyone who hit it had good results, even with fast swing speeds.

I can promise you, this club will be in my arsenal for a while!!

To the bolded, I have to admit that was my initial thought as well. How it has performed for me since that first range session (where Duffy told Mike to not let me change anything), made me a believer. I was not (and am not) a fan of the stock shaft, but find one that works for your swing, and this driver really becomes fun.

Indeed. I hit phillyv's what seems years ago and it was as good then as it was this past weekend

I'll say that it was very good for me down at Club Clash. Was a few mph off highest ball speeds but the the forgiveness was excellent, so a worthy trade off. Its, just a really good, fairway finding driver. Wilson Staff, being the classic golf brand that it is, is a company I want to see succeed. They've succeeded with this one.

I watched guys just hit this on the range and for many it was long, high and straight. It is like a plug and play driver. It seemed as simple as grip the club, setup to the ball and give it a rip.

Wilson Staff D200 Driver Review Thread

I bought this driver straight from W/S (with THP's help) without trying it first and it continues to amaze me at how forgiving and long it is. I truly love this driver. The whole D200 line of woods and hybrids are solid.

Anyone have any luck getting replacement adapters for D200 yet?

Had this club out on the course for the first time over the weekend. Hit 4 out of 6 fairways with it - I honestly can't remember the last time I did that - and picked up about 15 yards on solid strikes over my last gamer. This club and the D200 fairways were the ray of sunshine in an otherwise gloomy nine holes.

Great Day with the D200

Great Day with the D200

It's great to see that the D200 Driver is getting recent love on this thread again!

I played the D200 today with the stock EC shaft and it was truly amazing. I hit the driver on 13 tee shots today and only missed one fairway. AND, it's really long! I don't really make a big deal out of the sound but if you hit it flush, it does sound great and the ball rockets off the face. The guys in my foursome were amazed that I hit this driver so well. It was a beast for me today. I was THE guy off the tees today! It felt great.

I have to be honest. Last year I bought the D200 and gave up on it too soon. I put the TM SLDR back in the bag last year and finished last year with the SLDR thinking it was longer.
BIG MISTAKE. This year left the SLDR in the garage and have played the D200 for about 5 rounds so far and it gets better and better with each round.

If you're not truly happy with your existing driver, give the D200 a try and make sure you don't give up on it too soon.
It's an incredible driver and is truly underrated because it's a Wilson.

Another great round of driving this afternoon w/ the D200. Only got in 13 holes, but was 9 of 9 in fairways hit with the driver. Even hit one low & off the heel & got away with it with decent distance. Got to love the forgiveness all across the face of this driver.

Last edited:
Another very great round of driving this afternoon w/ the D200. Only got in 13 holes, but was 9 of 9 in fairways hit with the driver. Even hit one low & off the heel & got away with it with decent distance. Got to love the forgiveness all across the face of this driver.

It really is stupid forgiving. I can't think of a more forgiving driver that I've every hit from anywhere on the face. Love to hear you are still kicking some serious ass with it!

Confidence with D200

Confidence with D200

Another great round of driving this afternoon w/ the D200. Only got in 13 holes, but was 9 of 9 in fairways hit with the driver. Even hit one low & off the heel & got away with it with decent distance. Got to love the forgiveness all across the face of this driver.

I don't recall who had mentioned this in this forum but I too have noticed how much more confidence I now have on the tee with the D200. It's the first driver that I ever felt this level of confidence. And the same confidence exists with the D200 3W. It allows me to focus on just a couple swing thoughts on the take-away. Bad swings are bad swings but the D200 can hide a awful lot of so-so swings.

Has anyone else found this same level of confidence?

Played the D200 yesterday. 12/13 FIR. AMAZING for me.
Either a straight or small cut ball flight. Long. In the wind, this kept the ball down. Did I mention long?
450 yd par 4, front pin. 167 to the flag. With wind. Forgiving and long!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I gave this club to my dad for Christmas because the shaft was a little to light for me. he used it for the first time on Wednesday. He is a super slow swinger that really chokes down on the club. He really hit it well. I bet he was around 210 on average (very good for him) and hit a lot of fairways. This is a very good driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back