UFC/Mixed Martial Arts

Tweet from McGregor saying he is retiring.

afe8db7fb5be6057edd414cb23550515.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not believing that for 1 second

Oh, so Diaz beat him into retirement?

I don't think it's true.

ok, so Conor pulled from UFC 200 due not wanting to do the promotional stuff, film commercials, presser's, etc.....

Rumor: Conor demanded 10mil to fight at UFC 200, Dana said no, Conor retired

If this is at all related to the guy dying in the fight last week then I fully respect it. If not he's a turd.

ok, so Conor pulled from UFC 200 due not wanting to do the promotional stuff, film commercials, presser's, etc.....

Rumor: Conor demanded 10mil to fight at UFC 200, Dana said no, Conor retired

If this is at all related to the guy dying in the fight last week then I fully respect it. If not he's a turd.

supposedly he is/was training in iceland for the fight and felt coming to Vegas would affect his training.

I wonder how much has to do with the fight and how much is ego

Dana should have stripped the title from him already. There are plenty of guys in his division worthy of a shot. Let there be an interim while he chases the money and then he can come back and fight the new champ.

I enjoy his buildup but he is just a hype machine so far. I am glad Dana drew a line in the sand, we will have to see what happens next I guess.

Dana should have stripped the title from him already. There are plenty of guys in his division worthy of a shot. Let there be an interim while he chases the money and then he can come back and fight the new champ.

The thing is, I don't think Conor's decision was money-based. Plus, he generated more hype for UFC 200 with a single tweet than he would have gotten from 10 press conferences. Either way, he knows investing in a win now will be worth more than trying to hype a fight against anyone while he's coming off 2 straight losses.

Some of this is probably psychological, as well. By ducking press conferences, he avoids having to sit across the way from a guy he can't talk trash to. It's an immediate rematch against a guy who starched him and choked him out. For a change, Conor is on his heels in any press conference with Nate. They're not going to get good sound bytes from press events anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I think the rematch is stupid anyway. Conor gets to hedge his bets against going back down to 145, a weight he hates cutting to. By letting him do two straight at 170, he's now a lightweight who isn't cutting. If he wins, there's no way he's going back to 145, no matter what Dana White says.

I can understand the UFC's position, though. They don't want to create a precedent where Conor feels like he can tell them when he'll be where and expect them to react to him. There seems to be an uncomfortable position in the balance of power with the UFC and Conor, and they don't want to set precedents that he might take advantage of or other fighters might in the future.

Can't say I'm surprised by Jones. He had it all and threw it away and can't seem to stay out of trouble.

What a big dummy!

i feel like the crying at the presser was because he got caught, not because the fight got cancelled. There was no surprise, he denied he took anything but it was hardly a believable denial

No biggie

bb81a072b965758587307a1f83a75a56.jpg

Been awhile aince ive watched a ppv forgot the good fights start so late.

Lol do the title fights ever get out of the first round

What are your thoughts on Conor getting a shot at the LW title in New York?

Personally, I like watching the fights and I find myself rooting against Conor. I would love to see Eddie stop Conor and see if Conor elects to fight Aldo or not.

I understand Conor is not ranked as the #1 contender, but if I purchase a company for $4.2B, then I want to see the fighters with the biggest draw on the biggest cards. The card for UFC 205 in NY is pretty stacked!

What are your thoughts on Conor getting a shot at the LW title in New York?

Personally, I like watching the fights and I find myself rooting against Conor. I would love to see Eddie stop Conor and see if Conor elects to fight Aldo or not.

I understand Conor is not ranked as the #1 contender, but if I purchase a company for $4.2B, then I want to see the fighters with the biggest draw on the biggest cards. The card for UFC 205 in NY is pretty stacked!

Dana is making him the face of the org right now so he gets whatever he wants including not having to give up his featherweight title to move up in weight.

i root against him but from a business perspective it makes sense to have him on the card for the first ever UFC fight in NY at MSG

He's a draw. He puts butts in the seats and sells PPV buys. It'd be like having Ric Flair in your stable and not headlining him. They're finally able to play the heel the way BJ Penn always tried and failed to.

Back