4i Hybrid suggestions?

scott.french3

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Heading to the PGA Tour Superstore after work. Will most likely get it in a regular shaft as that is what my other clubs are. Current short list is Callaway Rogue, Taylormade M6. Others? Difference between Big Bertha, Apex and Rogue? My 7 wood is a Callaway Epic Flash currently set to 21 but likely change to 20 as it flies a bit too high. I hit my 4 iron decent but looking for a bit more consistency (Taylormade Tour Preferred CB 2011) with DG XP shaft.

Try the Ping 410 4 Hybrid.

Since you’re going to the PGA Tour SS give the Srixon H85 a chance, it’s definitely a sleeper hybrid this year but it’s so solid! Trust me, it’ll surprise you.

Rogue Hybrid

I like the Rogue X 4 hybrid. It’s strong at 20° and replaced my 7 wood altogether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rogue is a good one

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

If you want a more FW type hybrid the EXS is great. If you want a more iron-like hybrid, the Ben Hogan VKTR is awesome and only $135!

Ping G410.

I’ve hit a LOT of the current hybrids out there, the majority are tuned to low spin bombers, the 410 offers ample ball speed, on or with many of those bombers, but also enough spin to make them comfortable weapons into greens.

Yes, I wrote the homepage review on the 410s, but the 22 was good enough I bought the 19 to add before I’d even put the full review to paper.

I ended up going with the Callaway Big Bertha 4i hybrid. It came down to it or the Taylormade M6. Both were consistent in Distance on solid shots. The Big bertha shined on mishits. Less loss of carry distance. If I stepped on the Big Bertha, I got about 10 more yards carry. Will take it on the course tomorrow morning.

Try the Cobra F9 they are amazing clubs and often get overlooked!

NM I see you made your choice. Hope it works well for you.

I ended up going with the Callaway Big Bertha 4i hybrid. It came down to it or the Taylormade M6. Both were consistent in Distance on solid shots. The Big bertha shined on mishits. Less loss of carry distance. If I stepped on the Big Bertha, I got about 10 more yards carry. Will take it on the course tomorrow morning.

Let us know how it works out. Always great to see real golfers thoughts on clubs.

Mizuno CLK. Best kept secret in golf. Here are some numbers...

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk
3a1a902a2165add9f7439c8eb552a4d5.jpg

I wouldn't have any preconceived expectations on any of them and just try them all. No telling what may be the one that just works for you. I would certainly try Ping, Titleist, Callaway, Taylormade, Cobra, and Srixon for sure and probably anything else they had there available.

Back