Time for New Mizuno Irons....Any Advice?

GlorifiedDonkey

Reaction score
Good afternoon.

I have been playing golf for years and recently got back into the game having played very little for the last 5 years.

I've been swinging Mizuno irons for the last 15 years and would like to upgrade. I've been caddying for 25 years and see all of the latest equipment but I'm only interested in Mizuno. Offer me a free set of PXG and I'll take the Mizunos! Ok, maybe I'll sell the PXG's.

I really liked the JPX 900 Tour clubs, but they are no longer available. How good are the JPX 919 Tour Irons?

Thanks in advance!

GD

Good afternoon.

I have been playing golf for years and recently got back into the game having played very little for the last 5 years.

I've been swinging Mizuno irons for the last 15 years and would like to upgrade. I've been caddying for 25 years and see all of the latest equipment but I'm only interested in Mizuno. Offer me a free set of PXG and I'll take the Mizunos! Ok, maybe I'll sell the PXG's.

I really liked the JPX 900 Tour clubs, but they are no longer available. How good are the JPX 919 Tour Irons?

Thanks in advance!

GD

Better than the 900s :).

I have the 900 Forged and love them. I’m sure the 919 line is even better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are willing to venture outside of Mizuno, Ben Hogan irons are darn good and a lot lower priced. Their original PTx irons rendered my set of JPX900 Forged obsolete and the PTx Pro irons that I got about a month ago were a slight upgrade to those.

Interesting call mate. I have hit the Hogans in the past: Apex and some wedges. They were good. I'll keep that in mind when I source my sticks.
Thanks

I do not know how much of a help I will be, but always at the Open Championship Mizuno releases their new line-up. This year is no different, they have some new blades coming for sure, they will come standard with a copper underlay. The copper underlay was usually an option for the Yoro Craft custom orders out of Japan. That being said if you are looking for a cb as opposed to a blade the japan only release mizuno pro 318 might be an option?

But that being said again in a couple weeks we will be seeing an all new line up.

I recommend that you wait.....

Wait to see what the new MPs will look like...

Go to a Mizuno fitting after the new MP's come out and get fit. They'll figure it put for you.

Always been Mizuno fan too and went back to my Comp EZ Forged various times after being tempted by others, but recently bought a set of JPX919 forged (but kept the comp ez forged 3&4 irons in the bag as I don’t get on with hybrids - always hooky - and kept my Vokey SM7 52, 56 & 60 wedges) - the JPX919 Forged are great - fully recommend.

Thanks in advance!

GD

There are a couple of ebay sellers dealing in brand new sets of discontinued Mizuno irons.

Back