Would you putt with a Paper Weight?

JDax

The Finley Cooler
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 12.1
I’m working at DICK’S tonight and a customer brought in one of the oddest putters I’ve ever seen to be regripped. I can only describe it as a paper weight with a shaft in it.

a004964238550ebd2ee0a195a2f522fe.jpg

0b20e1c4773ca46e0771bb52212ccfeb.jpg

5f8c8b59b0c66029330f445e5e37f0dc.jpg

6dee43769c28044d4e8142357fa8020d.jpg

What in the name of Sean Toulon is this monstrosity? Yes I snuck over to the putting green and attempted to putt with it, didn’t make one out of 5 attempts.

Thoughts on this putter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would go great with the Clear Advantage driver I found a couple weeks ago!

I’m working at DICK’S tonight and a customer brought in one of the oddest putters I’ve ever seen to be regripped. I can only describe it as a paper weight with a shaft in it.

If the stroke is good I don't see why one could not make a lot of putts with that putter.
In years past I've used similar shaped putter heads made of wood, and others made of natural stone. Both made putts just as well as any metal putter head I've swung.

That’s a pretty cool looking putter, but definitely an office conversation piece than an actual gamer for me

I put this in the category of cheap gag gifts. Only this thing probably isn’t cheap lol

It does have an interesting look

• Staff
It does have an interesting look

Yeah if you like looking into a kaleidoscope while trying to putt... lol

That's about as useless as the Poop Emoji putter
4b318e1e94e860774e987fcd04d9ace9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

With a color like that I could see my daughter wanting to game it, has a mermaid/unicorn color to it.

I think that company makes a wooden putter that is absolutely beautiful, but yeah no chance I'd putt with that thing. OR that thing, eesh.

My cousin has a very similar putter. He’s also a huge fan of bands like Phish, so make of that what you will.

Anyone ever tried a Bradley putter. Follow them on Instagram. Made of wood and acrylic.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

With a color like that I could see my daughter wanting to game it, has a mermaid/unicorn color to it.
Mythical?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

According to the Google machine, those putters run about $250 new.

And I know what you all are thinking and yes, there is a blade version.

My dad has a glass putter. I’ll have to get a picture sometime. Actually doesn’t feel to bad coming off the face. His is too long and upright lie for me, so it feels awkward, but not a bad putter by any means. More like a blade approaching mid mallet shape.

My cousin has a very similar putter. He’s also a huge fan of bands like Phish, so make of that what you will.

I’m a huge Phish fan and I still want to putt with something that helps me find the hole more.

Well I guess as long as it works for the owner more power to them. I'm not sure I could use it though.

According to the Google machine, those putters run about $250 new.

And I know what you all are thinking and yes, there is a blade version.

Wow... there is a blade version.

Do you sell a “kid just mashed all the play dough colors together” putter. Yes, great I’ll take one of those please.

Hey if it rolls good for them to each his own.

I’ve seen some really high quality wooden crafted putters in a craft shop in Sedona, AZ once. I believe I rolled a couple in the shop and it didn’t feel terrible but they weren’t anything I’d ever take on a course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Everyone I know thinks my putter's ugly (Directed Force Reno) and heck, I do too.

But even I couldn't look down at that thing.

It's unique... I'd probably game it every once-in-a-while as a conversation piece. Honestly my BigT Vline isn't much to look down at either.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nooooooo. Not for me. Cool looking piece though.

Maybe Banksy can have a career that doesn’t involve spray paint.

I have a hard enough time making putts with a normal looking putter. Something that looks like this...no thanks.

It would not be something I personally would have any interest in but if it works for him then why not? I bet he hears about it from his buddies though. I am sure the one liners from that are rather interesting.

Back