John Daly Refused Cart at Open

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
It made news when he got one for last major. This time his request was declined.

I wasn’t a fan of him using the cart to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure it is hard to give up playing the majors when you are no longer able to walk 4 rounds, but I am not a fan of anyone getting an advantage.

Doesn't bother me either way if he does or doesn't.

Good, never really a fan

Glad the Open declined his request, these guys are professional athletes and if they can’t walk the course with the rest of the field then they shouldn’t play in the tournament.

His getting one previously didn't bother me. But I did find it curious that he or anyone would receive such as no similar decisions are made in other major sports.

I mean, Aaron Donald is great and all, but I'd like to see him try to tackle a cart.

Glad he was denied. He will be a non-factor no matter how he gets around the course.

R&A apparently has a different viewpoint than the PGA

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Good. Right decision.

Sometimes it is just good to say no.

That sucks. I was looking forward to a break in the multiple “is this brooks tourney to win” or “tiger showed up so let’s give him the trophy already” or even the occasional “is Jordan spieth showing up or not” stories the media is going to blast all week long and on the weekend.

I am fine with this decision. I see his condition more of an injury/age issue as opposed to a handicap he was borne with such as was the case with Casey Martin. Good on R&A to have some b*lls.

it's not like he was going to contend anyways

I couldn't care less either way. I still don't understand why he keeps getting attention over this

R&A apparently has a different viewpoint than the PGA

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No it was the strong hand of the government that forced the PGA. Luckily the R&A doesn't have to play by the rules set forth by the overreaching US government.

Even though he's a past Open champion, he still needs to be able to play the course. Time to face the facts and get knee surgery if he wants to continue to play professionally.

No it was the strong hand of the government that forced the PGA. Luckily the R&A doesn't have to play by the rules set forth by the overreaching US government.

He's going to give it a go anyway:

Over/under on holes played before withdrawing?

Maybe 6? Understand the reasoning behind the decision, not sure why he is going to give it a go.

It seems like the right decision to me. If your knee is that bad get it repaired.

never a dull moment in the Daly life

‪My life chapter 84k: Craziest event! Was in England last wk & incurred a spider bite, not really knowing it. Fast forward to Friday, mouth/mouth, compressions & unknowingly now in an ambulance rushed to ER all while on family vacation & straight into surgery! Removing what developed into a major infection in my abdominal area & treated for early sepsis all from a brown recluse! Not just knee pain now abdominal pain but Prayers to the big man above I’m alive! Spiders are NO JOKE! Thank u to the staff @Nemacolin @UtwnHospital My caddie has now named me ‬#SpiderPro ������ #photoistoographic #GladtobeAlive #InSomeSeriousPain

Back