At what distance do you begin to pin hunt

Over the last couple of rounds, I seem to pin hunt when I am inside 120 yds. With pretty good success - just gotta make some putts! 6 birdie looks in 9 holes, did not drop one.

:banghead:

You might have been the only one to have any luck with that shaft.
It's interesting. The shaft is more a comfort level thing I think. There were several clubs that I thought were paired with shafts that would spin too much, but when I focused on making best contact on course they performed well. I'm sure more yardage can be had with shaft fine tuning

It's interesting. The shaft is more a comfort level thing I think. There were several clubs that I thought were paired with shafts that would spin too much, but when I focused on making best contact on course they performed well. I'm sure more yardage can be had with shaft fine tuning
That is a good approach. I just couldnt find the sweet spot with it and I refused to believe it was the head.

Anyway, great pin hunt there! Sorry for the thread jack

I will think about getting close at about 115-120.

At 90 and in, I am thinking of hitting the flag.

Pin Hunt - 115yd. Favor sides 115-145. Just hit the green 145-170. The rest is just get it within reasonable distance to have a decent chip or pitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here lately about 3ft. But I miss those sometimes.

150 and in I'm pin hunting unless it's a sucked pin then middle of the green and 2 putt for par.

I like to weight the holes red yellow green to try and score

140 yards and in, however I do have 2 holes in one, 227 yard 4 wood, and 178 yard 5 iron, so I do have the skill from 4 wood on down to pin hunt...lol

If I'm being honest, anything inside of 225. Because I am greedy and an idiot

7 iron and in. Usually anything that I would play a 165 yard shot. Once I get to a 6 iron, I play percentages and aim for a particular side of a pin, hoping to make a putt.

Honestly, the only time I can actually pin hunt is when I close my eyes and go to sleep. Jk..

It's a good question though and I will have to think about it.

Pin position will dictate some shots, however, 140 and in I feel comfortable going at the pin

I always try and get it as close to the pin add I can on approach shots. Distance doesn't matter. If I'm confident in the shot, I'm going after the pin.

PW. 145 and in. So damn confident with that club in my hand right now.

thought about this again the other day while I was trying to pin hunt more from distnaces like 130,40,50 and reconfirmed to myself that for me its still too far so its more like 100ish again that I start to look to do it. But also still even then it depends what I'm looking at.

I'd be lying if I didn't say 280 and in, but in reality I'm looking to drop 7 iron and in. Mostly accurate 9 iron and in. Chipping I'm running it at the flag no matter what.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Oddly enough I am more accurate with my 8 or 9 iron (140-155 range) right now than my Pitching or Gap Wedge (110-135ish). Need to clean that up.

I would say if I have a good lie at 150 I'm going to pull the 8 and swing away it as it is my most consistent club. Anything more than that is asking for trouble generally.

Depends on the green and pin placement but usually 160 and in

130 is where I start to think about trying to hit a spot on the green. Above that, center of the green in most cases

195y ish i'll be firing at the pin, any more and I'm going for safe and middle of green

I'm surprised at the amount of responses which are over 140 yards! At that yardage I cant really tell what the green is doing so I just try to get on the dance floor....

Personally I will start at about 120 yards to get as close as possible - if 50 yards I am very confident it will be a short putt on my end.

Get me a wedge in hand and I'm pretty confident and aiming inside of 10-12 feet. That distance tends to be around 130 yards.

About 4 feet and in :banghead:

Back