Golf Marketing and Media with Scott Goryl – The Golf Industry Uncut Volume 7

Excellent episode!! ScottyG seems to be a good fit there with the rest of the Callaway staff, hard working fun loving golf fan. It really shows in their interactions with consumers via social media and in person.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Enjoyed listening to my former cap, disappointed neither of us is playing in the #Gauntlet this year.

Besides Neubarth, when are you going to have Jrod on one of these? Please tell me you are going to do it live during the #Grandaddy with Uncle Tito?

Another great episodes and Scotty G is just great - easily one of my favorites. Really enjoyed hearing him expand on Callaway's philosophy of being available through social media and really being there for consumers. Agree one the choice for a game when back in Boston - when in doubt it is always a trip to Fenway. Agreed on Ballast Point over Sam Adams, although Cranberry Lambic pretty much disqualifies Sam Adams from any contest. I think I heard some trash talking thrown at Velardo in there too. Great stuff!

Another great episode! As usual, he seems like another really cool guy from Callaway.

You should tell him that on Twitter. He loves to interact.

Awesome episode! To bad he couldnt be in The Gauntlet this year, you could tell from how he talks about it that they have just as much doing these THP events as we do. I cant wait to win that driver so I can add my first Callaway club to the bag.

They really do. Its one of those things, while still work, that are planned to make sure everybody has a great time.

Enjoyed listening to my former cap, disappointed neither of us is playing in the #Gauntlet this year.

Besides Neubarth, when are you going to have Jrod on one of these? Please tell me you are going to do it live during the #Grandaddy with Uncle Tito?

Not sure. Johnny is someone I feel lucky to call a friend, but being what he does, I am not sure its the right fit, but if he wins the Gauntlet again, I think it has to happen.

Another great episodes and Scotty G is just great - easily one of my favorites. Really enjoyed hearing him expand on Callaway's philosophy of being available through social media and really being there for consumers. Agree one the choice for a game when back in Boston - when in doubt it is always a trip to Fenway. Agreed on Ballast Point over Sam Adams, although Cranberry Lambic pretty much disqualifies Sam Adams from any contest. I think I heard some trash talking thrown at Velardo in there too. Great stuff!

While we were talking, I was just remembering the round at Cog Hill last year with you two and how the conservation quickly changed from golf to fun after about 4 holes.

Chicken Parm...really? Great show and excitement can be heard in all the Callaway guys!

Currently listening... Love listening to these!

I love listening to these shows. ALL OF THEM. When people like what they do. Listening to them talk about what they bring to the table is really how you tap into that persons emotional vein.

This episode really brought to light what ScottyG is all about. I've met him a couple times and never knew how he fit into the Zoo Crew puzzle. Each time I've been around him I've gotten the sense he's just laid back go with the flow. Kind of cool to see he really has a purpose haha. I'm kidding, but if you met him you probably wouldn't know how significant his role at Callaway is. Good to see a fellow CowHampshire boy getting it done!

You should tell him that on Twitter. He loves to interact.

They really do. Its one of those things, while still work, that are planned to make sure everybody has a great time.

Not sure. Johnny is someone I feel lucky to call a friend, but being what he does, I am not sure its the right fit, but if he wins the Gauntlet again, I think it has to happen.

While we were talking, I was just remembering the round at Cog Hill last year with you two and how the conservation quickly changed from golf to fun after about 4 holes.
We didn't win the golf match that day but we won the battle of the bands.

I continue to be impressed with the people and culture at Callaway. That says so much about the company.

And Oh Yeah, this is the first time one of my tweets helped a good outcome. Hashtag the caddy is going to Mexico! Thus begins his long summer journey that ends with losing the #TheCup :drinks:

Love hearing more hype for The Grandaddy, even if it is not very good for my plummeting work productivity.

Another great listen. Quality products for sure. My golf purchases are emotional and I get what's best for my game. That's why I chose Callaway. As far as fans go I'll disagree, we have the best fans here in Philly. I can just see JRod pestering Scott daily. And yes they have changed the landscape. It's Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Right now the change has them leading in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This was another solid episode! Good work! Love hearing what the Callaway guys have to say!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Listening now

Downloading now. Driving to Tampa tomorrow, so I am very happy to have this for the drive over.

Listened on the drive home today. Great episode!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished listening to this. Always enjoy these podcasts

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Another great listen. Quality products for sure. My golf purchases are emotional and I get what's best for my game. That's why I chose Callaway. As far as fans go I'll disagree, we have the best fans here in Philly. I can just see JRod pestering Scott daily. And yes they have changed the landscape. It's Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Right now the change has them leading in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The question was not asked who has the best fans.

Listening right now. Looking forward to the content

Really good episode. Scotty seems like a really cool guy. I loved his answer to the emotional connection question.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Once again a great podcast. I really like the industry uncut. It is great to hear how down to earth everyone is and just how their love of golf shows through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really enjoyed playing a round against Scott at the first The King event. Will always remember his birdie sand shot chip in. Such a great guy! And a great episode.

Have to agree with him on Ballast Point and Chicken Parm.
"Chicken Parm why do you taste so good? "

Just got done listening and it was great. I wish ScottyG was going to the Gauntlet, was a great guy to just sit down with, have a beer and talk about life. Great guy and as real as they come.

Another great listen! These are so fun to listen to. Scotty G is awesome, such a cool guy to sit down and have a beer with. Love his talk of The Hideaway and The Grandaddy. Another east coast guy who moved west, had no clue. I totally agree Scotty I am hooked on Ballast Point! They finally started selling it here in MI!

This was a great listen. ScottyG is so down to earth and the way he talks about #TheGrandaddy brought me right back to our match on day 1. Well done THP

Loved listening!
ScottyG is such a good guy!
Loved hearing the love and excitement in his voice about #TheGrandaddy and other events THP and Callaway partner on.
So the ZooCrew grinds for #TheGrandaddy.... I knew it!

Ballast point is indeed pretty good as well.
Fellow (well I quit men's league a couple years ago) hockey player as well.

Back