Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puma soundchuck. Got some PayPal credits coming from selling a putter so I'm thinking its time to make the plunge

I'm seriously looking to get a set of J15 CB's. I loved the J40's when I games them.

You know, I sort of expected the skies to part when I hit them this weekend on the range and...well...it didn't. Great irons, the CF16 just feel better to me. I'll say this, they're a great package at hiding what they have, same heel to toe as my CF16, but that topline is sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

Pondering some custom Footjoys. I have $250 credit to Golf Galaxy, so I think those would be sick.

Puma soundchuck. Got some PayPal credits coming from selling a putter so I'm thinking its time to make the plunge

Amazon still has a sale. Mine came todayS it's fantastic!

Amazon still has a sale. Mine came todayS it's fantastic!

I saw that. Just debating on if I wanna pay out of pocket or wait for my PayPal funds and use those. eBay has some for under $60

You know, I sort of expected the skies to part when I hit them this weekend on the range and...well...it didn't. Great irons, the CF16 just feel better to me. I'll say this, they're a great package at hiding what they have, same heel to toe as my CF16, but that topline is sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

Seems like a lateral
Move to go with CB's from the V4s really.....dunno

Seems like a lateral
Move to go with CB's from the V4s really.....dunno

I do think the CB are more forgiving than the V4 by a large margin, JMO there though brochacha.

Love having the ability to potentially ponder equipment again with my return very soon. Not really looking at anything but interested in seeing if I can find a 54* that can unseat my T Grind. Which will be tough.

Have to agree with that for sure.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We have heard/said it 1,000,000 times on the forum, but they are SNEAKY forgiving. They hide it all silly well.

JGR just definitely held its own. Looks like you overpowered the M2.

Those side spin numbers on the M1 are nuts though. Very long and very straight. Confirms what I was seeing this weekend.

Did you happen to move the weight all the way forward? Turned into a race car shifting into top gear once I did.
I had to comment on moving the weight forward on the M1. I did this today after 25 or so swings with it in the center. Everything jumped for me. Ended up picking up a good number of yards after that. I really need to check that again. Big difference for me that I wasn't expecting.

I do think the CB are more forgiving than the V4 by a large margin, JMO there though brochacha.

I find the v4's quite forgiving really. So that's interesting.

I find the v4's quite forgiving really. So that's interesting.

Deeeeeeeefinitely dude. I'm a V4 fan, but the CB's offer more there IMO.

Deeeeeeeefinitely dude. I'm a V4 fan, but the CB's offer more there IMO.

Coolio! Maybe it's time to find a set to take a few passes with.

I had to comment on moving the weight forward on the M1. I did this today after 25 or so swings with it in the center. Everything jumped for me. Ended up picking up a good number of yards after that. I really need to check that again. Big difference for me that I wasn't expecting.
Thats awesome! How much of a difference do you estimate? Any difference in spin rate?

I am trying my darndest not to pull the trigger on a new XR16 or just the driver head to pair with my Element Helium shaft.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I love mine. It keeps me company everytime I'm on the course with my uncle or outside BBQing

Well...considering everything in my bag is new (including the bag) with the exception of my irons....i'm back on the iron set ponder list. Love my speedblades but the Callaway sets with the 360 cup face have me thinking. Maybe a Callaway set with a heavier shaft than what I have now. Hmm....

Well...considering everything in my bag is new (including the bag) with the exception of my irons....i'm back on the iron set ponder list. Love my speedblades but the Callaway sets with the 360 cup face have me thinking. Maybe a Callaway set with a heavier shaft than what I have now. Hmm....

Best part? That tech REALLY is legit.

I loved the speedblades, gamed them a long while, take a peek at the XR/XRP's, can be had for a hell of a price on Cally preowned now and they're really really good.

I loved the speedblades, gamed them a long while, take a peek at the XR/XRP's, can be had for a hell of a price on Cally preowned now and they're really really good.

I was just looking haha. Found atleast with my driver, distance and dispersion is better with a heavier shaft. Was wondering if a heavier shaft in my irons would help. Either way...going to have to check them out!

I wouldnt mind finding a set of Speedblades blades to play around with.

Pondered this for about 20 minutes instore today

51b7a430cdeb0637cc6252b7325e8352.jpg

3a38073451a41e54904ee57af6fead76.jpg

5b93dccae60427373a88b12ac5dd5fa2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pondered this for about 20 minutes instore today

51b7a430cdeb0637cc6252b7325e8352.jpg

3a38073451a41e54904ee57af6fead76.jpg

5b93dccae60427373a88b12ac5dd5fa2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes too long.

How did you roll it?

19 minutes too long.

How did you roll it?

Well I put the first putt dead center of the hole from 20 ft. Putts were online and felt good. Didn't really like the grip but at 35" length, the head felt light

Really tempted to put my Diamana B Series 60 shaft back into my driver. I swapped it out last fall when I got the Grandura shaft to test, but I've soured on the feel and performance with the Grandura. Plus, I just put a Diamana B Series 70 into my fairway wood and hit the crap out of that club today. So now I want to put the 60 back into my driver to see what happens with it, especially considering that's what I was fit into back in the summer of 2014.

You hit the Grandura pretty well today, but you've said a bunch of times that you love the shaft profile of the Diamana. I'd give it a shot just for the peace of mind next time out.

Speaking of peace of mind. Pondering putting the i25s or 545s back in play through the Gauntlet and Regional Rivalry. Took them out to the range after two really poor days of ball striking with my irons and felt like I was all over the center of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back