TaylorMade Burner Superfast Driver?

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I've read the reviews, but I am curious about what anyone who plays this club thinks of it after having it in play for a while?

Thank you.

Very long and very forgiving. I would demo it before trying it, but it made me a believer and I just had to put it in my bag.

The 3 wood is a great club and I am looking at getting one of those as well.

It was featured in the driver shoot out. It was also featured in the Spring Issue of the Magazine. It was also hit by just about everybody that was here for the Spring FL Golf Outing.

Very long and very forgiving. I would demo it before trying it, but it made me a believer and I just had to put it in my bag.

The 3 wood is a great club and I am looking at getting one of those as well.
Thanks Biggsy. I have the 5-wood and like it a lot.

It was featured in the driver shoot out. It was also featured in the Spring Issue of the Magazine. It was also hit by just about everybody that was here for the Spring FL Golf Outing.
I know. I was looking for those folks that have played it for a while now.

I have had it in play for over a month now and i love it. i had the R9 prior to it but it has been absolutely incredible very very long and very forgiving. i love it and suggest it to anyone who asks

I have had it in play for over a month now and i love it. i had the R9 prior to it but it has been absolutely incredible very very long and very forgiving. i love it and suggest it to anyone who asks

Has the length of the driver bothered you at all? Seems really long but I guess one could get use to it. Also, I'm wondering if you choke down or even have the shaft cut down an inch or so if that would take away from the whole "superfast" thing.

Has the length of the driver bothered you at all? Seems really long but I guess one could get use to it. Also, I'm wondering if you choke down or even have the shaft cut down an inch or so if that would take away from the whole "superfast" thing.
I'll jump in on this and say it did not bother me at first, but it is starting to bother me. I am going to tinker around with some different shafts to get it dialed in. I'll have the new shafts cut down to standard length, which is about an inch shorter than the stock shaft. When I choked down on the club, I did not lose anything in the way of performance and I found it easier to control.

I'll jump in on this and say it did not bother me at first, but it is starting to bother me. I am going to tinker around with some different shafts to get it dialed in. I'll have the new shafts cut down to standard length, which is about an inch shorter than the stock shaft. When I choked down on the club, I did not lose anything in the way of performance and I found it easier to control.

Is it still Very long and Very forgiving? Are you having second thoughts?

I want a driver that no one could lure me away from, but I haven't found that yet. I will confess that I have a Nike Machspeed that I've only hit once. It seemed "ok" but didn't blow me away although I've only used it for 9 holes. I really like Taylormade and still have my '09 burner, but I'm still looking.

My current driver is four years old, or is it five, and has a dent in the sole.

I love the feel & look of the Burner Superfast, especially the stock Winn Lite grip - I'm thinking of regripping all of my clubs w/ Winn Lites...has anyone been using the Winn Lite grips on their irons this season?

Is it still Very long and Very forgiving? Are you having second thoughts?

I want a driver that no one could lure me away from, but I haven't found that yet. I will confess that I have a Nike Machspeed that I've only hit once. It seemed "ok" but didn't blow me away although I've only used it for 9 holes. I really like Taylormade and still have my '09 burner, but I'm still looking.
No way, but I am a tinkerer and I see the flaws with the current set-up and it has nothing to do with the head, but the stock shaft.

My buddy wants to pry it out of my hands because he hasn't hit a driver this long before.

I love the feel & look of the Burner Superfast, especially the stock Winn Lite grip - I'm thinking of regripping all of my clubs w/ Winn Lites...has anyone been using the Winn Lite grips on their irons this season?

I had all my clubs regripped with the winn lite soft midsize last month. So far I am in love with those grips as they really help with my tension in my swing. I battled grip pressure all last season so this year I wanted to get a bit softer grip to see if that helped and so far it has. The winn lites WILL change the swing weight of the club just based on how light they are but I really like being able to feel the head more in my swing.

The new black Superfast TP driver is available on 5/21/2010. Are you planning on testing it? Garcia and Allenby are currently using this model. I know Sergio had been using the Supertri and Superdeep drivers in the recent past.

I believe this thead has quite a few that have tried it out and/or are using it.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Burner-Super-Fast&highlight=burner+super+fast
[/QUOTE]

We will be testing it when it is available for media. Sergio is still using the SuperDeep as of last tournament according to Darrell and Taylormade. He demo'd the SuperFast and went right back to SuperDeep. When we interviewed him at Doral, the 510TP was his favorite driver and being as though the SuperDeep is modeled after that, he says "He loves it".

I have not had a problem with the length it took me about two tee shots to figure out to back up ever so slightly and it works amazingly. i can see how choking down an inch would help but i cant see it hurting the SuperFast quality. however as for changing shafts that will i had a diamana Kai'li shaft for it and it totally changed it i ended up putting the kai'li on ebay and going back to the matrix ozik shaft it came with. best move ive ever made. so now the only change i have from stock is a Winn Lite soft grip and i love the club take a inch step back and let er rip.

I picked one up today. I was able to hit the range with it today and so far so good.

I picked one up today. I was able to hit the range with it today and so far so good.

Were you playing the 909 recently. I thought you had a full bag of Titleist. What made you make the switch?

Were you playing the 909 recently. I thought you had a full bag of Titleist. What made you make the switch?
I've been playing a Superfast 5-wood for a while and really like it. I thought I'd give the driver a try because of that, and it is shaped similar to my son's TM CGB Max, which I hit well. I still have a 3 year old hybrid and 7-wood that I can't part with. My AP1s and Vokeys are still hanging around and will be for a while.

I've been playing a Superfast 5-wood for a while and really like it. I thought I'd give the driver a try because of that, and it is shaped similar to my son's TM CGB Max, which I hit well. I still have a 3 year old hybrid and 7-wood that I can't part with. My AP1s and Vokeys are still hanging around and will be for a while.

Okay, I thought I was losing my mind. I remember your old signature was a Titleist bag, so I thought I was going insane. Glad you found a driver that works. Keep us updated on how it is working for you.

Okay, I thought I was losing my mind. I remember your old signature was a Titleist bag, so I thought I was going insane. Glad you found a driver that works. Keep us updated on how it is working for you.
No, you're quite sane JB. Me, on the other hand...

I had all my clubs regripped with the winn lite soft midsize last month. So far I am in love with those grips as they really help with my tension in my swing. I battled grip pressure all last season so this year I wanted to get a bit softer grip to see if that helped and so far it has. The winn lites WILL change the swing weight of the club just based on how light they are but I really like being able to feel the head more in my swing.

So the light grips actually add swingweight to the head? I prefer to feel the driver head. My R9 driver is 44.5 however I could get the swingweight back right with the mwt technology. I added a Cobra S2 and it came 46 inches ( was suppose to be 45) so I cut it down myself. I use a mid size grip so I am having to experiment with lead tape to get my swing weight back to my specs. Either that or take it in to my friend at Dick's and have him add lead pellets to pack in the shaft and regrip... TM has the right thing going with the MWT for those of us who like to mod our swing weight..........

The new black Superfast TP driver is available on 5/21/2010. Are you planning on testing it? Garcia and Allenby are currently using this model. I know Sergio had been using the Supertri and Superdeep drivers in the recent past.

I believe this thead has quite a few that have tried it out and/or are using it.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Burner-Super-Fast&highlight=burner+super+fast
[/QUOTE]

We will be testing it when it is available for media. Sergio is still using the SuperDeep as of last tournament according to Darrell and Taylormade. He demo'd the SuperFast and went right back to SuperDeep. When we interviewed him at Doral, the 510TP was his favorite driver and being as though the SuperDeep is modeled after that, he says "He loves it".[/QUOTE]

Just as we got reports that he switched back to the SuperDeep, he then switched back to the SuperFast for todays round.

So Sergio has used the Supertri and the Superdeep, which if I understand correctly, are on two opposite ends of the spectrum. And now he's tinkering with the Superfast?

Man. Ah well. I guess if you have access to try 'em all, then do it.

Back