My slap in the face moment today!

Randyman28

Reaction score
Handicap
Whats up fellas ,This will be my 4th summer playing.Ive been in a rut for 2-3 yrs it seems.Made the transition from a 105-109 average player to a 95-99 avg player pretty fast.Just cant seem to get to that next level 85-89.I am way too inconsistent.Well today I played poorly but one thing happened that was a big eye opener for me.My own shadow's backswing!!!Here in north georgia the shadows are still long and today I had about 5 swings that had me in a mirror so to speak.Have you ever had that putt where you had to send the golf ball through your own shadow? Well today I had it while putting and a few tee shots..During those tee shots I noticed how BAD my backswing is.I can clearly see out of my peripheral vision as I was taking the club back that I was winding up the wrong way.It looked like I was tying my body in a knot on my backswing, looked so uncomfortable..Also while playing some last fall swing videos of my myself I also noticed I have problems getting my right elbow position pointing down to the 6 o clock like all the good players have.Mine is always pointing at the 4 - 5 o clock position at the top of my backswing.

So I need some help with my backswing.I kinda got a grasp on the backswing in the first 1-2 ft but after that is where I am confused a little.Anybody have a good video that explains the backswing from your back leg up to the top?How the right arms breaks down as it bends?? I am gonna really focus on trying to get my backswing looking better.Now I see why I have been in a rut for 2-3 yrs

This one helped me

Really like that video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forget the back swing, what does the downswing look like? The back swing with important doesn't hit the ball. I'm more interested in your thru swing.

Forget the back swing, what does the downswing look like? The back swing with important doesn't hit the ball. I'm more interested in your thru swing.

True that what happens at impact is the most important but I wouldn't discount a proper back swing.
For me when my bs is off it throws the whole swing off.
Nevertheless I understand the point that even bad (looking) swings can yield good results.

True that what happens at impact is the most important but I wouldn't discount a proper back swing.
For me when my bs is off it throws the whole swing off.
Nevertheless I understand the point that even bad (looking) swings can yield good results.

We should tell Lee Trevino, furyk, Iso aoki and our very own Cookie. The back swing is a away to build tension in the swing. But it has been proven time and time again that it doesn't need to be pretty to get the job done.

We should tell Lee Trevino, furyk, Iso aoki and our very own Cookie.
The back swing is a away to build tension in the swing.
But it has been proven time and time again that it doesn't need to be pretty to get the job done.

I think I said the same thing.
I just said for me if I am out of whack (on backswing) that it affects my results.
The same can be said for many including Pros.
I still wouldn't avoid or minimize it (good technique), you can if you like.

Back