merlebo02

Reaction score
Handicap
What’s the general thoughts and opinions on these balls? I dropped a vice and titliest from chest high and every time the titliest came back up higher.. just a tiny observation that I made..

What’s the general thoughts and opinions on these balls? I dropped a vice and titliest from chest high and every time the titliest came back up higher.. just a tiny observation that I made..

Drop test doesn’t mean much. Completely dependent on ball compression and will differ between models.

They dont seem to get much love around here, but Ive been playing the pro plus for a while. Its my favorite "mid tier" ball ive found. Biggest issue i cant get through a round with out scuffing the ball beyond playability.

Not sure i see much difference with the srixon zstarxv ive played more recently.

Play these religiously now. Great performing ball very similar to the Pro V1. Agree that they can get beaten up easily but at less than half the price of a Pro V1 they are on point.

I’ve only played the Vice Drive which is their budget 2-piece ball and it was okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Play these religiously now. Great performing ball very similar to the Pro V1. Agree that they can get beaten up easily but at less than half the price of a Pro V1 they are on point.

+1
BB.jpg

I have played the Tour model and Pro +. I think they are great balls. They are kind of a pain in the butt to get because you have to sign for them since they are from out of the country.

I have played the Tour model and Pro +. I think they are great balls. They are kind of a pain in the butt to get because you have to sign for them since they are from out of the country.

When I bought mine last year I got them off amazon for the same price as their site.

The Pro+ is very spiny and was not great for me. The Pro seems okay and the Pro Soft is decent. My only concern is that they are bought from a generic supplier that could mean quality control is spotty at best.

Assuming you are getting the same ball each time they (Vice) has a new run purchased, the Pro is the same as one of the former Monsta golf offerings and the Rife E Motion. The E Motion can still be found for around $10 a dozen...

lohVkdX.jpg

E5JLZ61.jpg

I have a hard time spending $45 a dozen, but I think as we learn how shady the ball production industry can be I think I’ll be sticking to those companies that produce their own balls - Titleist, Srixon, or Bridgestone. Srixon and Bridgestone can often be found with good deals to get them down in price (like Srixon’s BOGO Father’s Day special).

I played the Pro Soft for several rounds a couple of years ago. I shot a 71 with it once, so it must not be too bad. I felt like it was a very spinny ball, though.

I agree that Srixon & Bridgestone balls are better at quality control and you can get great deals on them. I am loving the Q-Star right now. I purchased a sh@t ton on the BOGO promotion.

went through a dozen each of the pro and pro plus last year. I wouldn't play them again. They're not a bad ball, but do scuff very easy. The pro plus was the shortest golf ball I've ever hit. Drives were constantly 10 yds shorter on average and irons I generally needed an extra club...I don't have numbers to back it up but I'm guessing it was a higher spinning ball.

For the "value balls" I think Snell are much better quality and performers.

I played a Pro in my last two rounds and really enjoyed it. Nice and spinny, flew well and nice and soft. I actually enjoyed it more than any other ball I have played in a long while, but that isn't say too much since the only time I play Pro V1s is when I find them in the forest.

I found a Vice Pro on the course earlier this summer. I played it for a few holes before I lost it. At the time, I was also testing out Callaway Chrome and Snell MTB Black and the performance was comparable.
If you are on a budget and dont care about brand, Vice is a very good option.

Back