Tasc Performance Golf Polos - THP Review Thread

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
THP received a couple of polos from a company called Tasc Performance for review. Tasc has been known for their use of Bamboo fibers in their apparel, which has made them a really good option for those looking for something lightweight and moisture-wicking. These polos are part of a different line though, which Tasc calls their MicroAir line.

Our MicroAir fabrication utilizes ultra-fine fibers in an innovative 2-yarn construction to combat pain points of the modern performance polo. Utilizing MicroModal from beechwood trees, this unique process yields a lightweight performance fabric with an outstanding feel.

i-gP3BmNj-L.jpg

i-sp3Bqv8-L.jpg

Prices: $79 - MicroAir(top polo), $84 MicroAir Stripe(bottom polo)

• Staff
I rocked the MicroAir today and it was pretty damn hot out. Didn't tee off until 2 so it was right in the middle of the heat. These tops are very light, its quite impressive really. They almost feel like the most extreme lightweight cotton polo you can find, except they aren't cotton. I was a bit worried about the material and how it would handle my sweat, and there was some visibility on my back(according to my wife), but she said it wasn't bad. It did dry up pretty quickly which was nice.

They look pretty nice. I’d probably try them on if I saw them in a store especially since different fabrics intrigue me.

• Staff
They look pretty nice. I’d probably try them on if I saw them in a store especially since different fabrics intrigue me.

I feel like if you walked by them on a rack and felt them, you would be intrigued.

"Cool" review. Rimshot, I'll be here all week.

I was going to ask your opinion on the price point but then got to thinking when you go into a BigBox Golf store or DICKs the Nike,UA,Adidas,even Puma polos brand new for the new year are typically $60-80. Travis Matthew and RLX also in the higher end price point for a polo. Have never seen Matte Grey in a store or just overlooked, assume the price is also higher.

I'm the type of guy who just got a UA polo and 4 Puma Golf Polos the weekend before for a grand total of $85. Now the Puma polos I've worn recently and I'm drenched by the 6th hole.

So my question is probably like people who debate upgrading their driver or trying a better line of golf ball etc. Is the price worth the performance? Your review seems to solidify it is. Just a matter of coming to grips to pay $85 for 1 shirt with peak performance or get 5 for $85 and get sub-par performance.

I just took a look at their site and the offerings look good. But did you see the Switchback II shorts? they have one normal pocket and one zippered right above it. Looks awesome and something that I would wear a lot. I may have to pick a pair up.

• Staff
I just took a look at their site and the offerings look good. But did you see the Switchback II shorts? they have one normal pocket and one zippered right above it. Looks awesome and something that I would wear a lot. I may have to pick a pair up.

yeah the shorts look real good. I like the looks of what they have to offer.

• Staff
"Cool" review. Rimshot, I'll be here all week.

I was going to ask your opinion on the price point but then got to thinking when you go into a BigBox Golf store or DICKs the Nike,UA,Adidas,even Puma polos brand new for the new year are typically $60-80. Travis Matthew and RLX also in the higher end price point for a polo. Have never seen Matte Grey in a store or just overlooked, assume the price is also higher.

I'm the type of guy who just got a UA polo and 4 Puma Golf Polos the weekend before for a grand total of $85. Now the Puma polos I've worn recently and I'm drenched by the 6th hole.

So my question is probably like people who debate upgrading their driver or trying a better line of golf ball etc. Is the price worth the performance? Your review seems to solidify it is. Just a matter of coming to grips to pay $85 for 1 shirt with peak performance or get 5 for $85 and get sub-par performance.

I hate spending that much on a piece of apparel. Its way more than I feel comfortable doing. I'd be curious as to how they would do down in your area when the humidity is 1000%.

Back