Why I Love Playing Alone (Sometimes)

aggiesam1983

Old Fart and an Aggie
Reaction score
Handicap
7 ish
I saw the thread on hating playing alone and completely understand the way the OP feels. That said, I sometimes love playing alone for a few reasons.

First and foremost is that if I just all of a sudden decide I want to play I don’t have to hunt down a playing partner. I live in a golf course community and can jump on my cart on a whim and get in a round or a few holes whenever.

Next, I like to play fast and can get in a round in under two hours if I am not slowed down. Even when there are some groups out there I can get through them or around them.

I will sometimes play two balls. Or I can throw down a ball if I need to figure something out. Heck, if I really need to work something out I can set up my iPhone or GoPro and hit a few on video if nobody is behind me.

Playing alone can really suck though, especially if the course is congested at all. But I can always listen to some music and try to enjoy the day.

Have a great day THP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think that’s a big caveat; I love playing alone but only when I’m not waiting or being pushed on every hole. An evening round walking by myself where I can either play for a score or just practice whatever I feel like is great. I also play in two leagues, sub in a few others, and play in tournaments every week or two and having that sort of variety is what I enjoy the most.

I think that’s a big caveat; I love playing alone but only when I’m not waiting or being pushed on every hole. An evening round walking by myself where I can either play for a score or just practice whatever I feel like is great. I also play in two leagues, sub in a few others, and play in tournaments every week or two and having that sort of variety is what I enjoy the most.

+1
c.png

All great points to playing alone. I like the fact that you can work “on course” if you are having a problem and trying to work it out.

Sunday evenings after 5PM CST are the best for playing alone on my home course. Most people are done for the weekend and I have the course to myself. It's very relaxing after a stressful weekend or just gearing up for the work week.

I love an early morning round on my own on a weekend before the course has chance to get busy. Really helps to clear my head and doesn't take up the whole day when I'm short on time.

I enjoy playing alone when the course is otherwise empty. I don't mind pairing up with another group. I don't expect to play as a single when the course is busy as that does tend to make the bottle neck worse.

Back