Play Any "Outdate", Weird or Otherwise Oddball Golf Clubs?

Hacker Charlie

Reaction score
Handicap
D&D
I'll admit to playing with an 11 Wood. Its called a "Razorback" and is an imitation of the old original Adams "Tight Lies" woods which I always liked. Its a 30* loft, the same as my 6 iron, but I hit it around 180 yards. It works great when I want to get the ball up in the air over something but want to still carry a good distance. Also a dream on Par 3's, the ball sticks and stops like a wedge shot even with my cheap no spin distance balls.

I guess some would consider my "Heavy Putter" an odd club too, but it seems to me to work as advertised!

What about the rest of you?

ive never even heard of an 11 wood... heck ppl question my 7w but i love that club...
i see guys on the course(usually older) playing clubs that ive never seen before... some have putters that dont even have a flat face and theyve told me several times that those clubs are older than i am

I have not only and 11-wood but also a 13-wood. Only reason I don't have 15- and 17-woods is because I couldn't find them when I was looking!

Years ago I went to all woods for a while since I couldn't hit an iron to save my life.

Ive got a hockey stick putter. Those are pretty unique. I dont use it all the time simply because its not the best putter there is, but its still fun to put into the bag every now and then.

This is going to sound ridiculous.
Up until literally today, I've used an old thin two-way putter that I stole from a mini golf place in Myrtle Beach. I was on vacation and I shot a 33 on the putt-putt course, and ever since then I've gotten so used to the simple, lightweight design, I didn't feel comfortable with anything else.
I think that's why I fell in love with the SeeMore M6, It instantly reminded me of the putter I use because it's so simple and thin. I don't have nearly enough money to drop that much on a putter, though.
Unfortunately, I had to make a change because of a combination of embarrassment, and stroke inconsistencies because of the lightness.
My Odyssey shipped this morning, so while I'm sure it'll take some getting used to, I'm also quite sure it'll pay off in the long run.

For a long time I used a Carbite Gyro 7 wood it was pretty offset which helped a lot with my slice at the time. I literally bought it at a 2nd hand shop for $1.

This is going to sound ridiculous.
Up until literally today, I've used an old thin two-way putter that I stole from a mini golf place in Myrtle Beach. I was on vacation and I shot a 33 on the putt-putt course, and ever since then I've gotten so used to the simple, lightweight design, I didn't feel comfortable with anything else.
I think that's why I fell in love with the SeeMore M6, It instantly reminded me of the putter I use because it's so simple and thin. I don't have nearly enough money to drop that much on a putter, though.
Unfortunately, I had to make a change because of a combination of embarrassment, and stroke inconsistencies because of the lightness.
My Odyssey shipped this morning, so while I'm sure it'll take some getting used to, I'm also quite sure it'll pay off in the long run.

I've used the same kind of putter for a while when I was first starting to play. That type of putter was "standard issue" when you rented clubs at the Par-3 course I started playing at. Found one at a used sporting goods store for $8 so I picked it up. When I got my first set of cheap "starter" clubs, I kept it in my bag as a backup and used it quite often when the putter that came with my set failed me. I finally gave it away to a friend of mine who's been wanting to take up golf, along with a few balls and an indoor putting cup so he can practice in his living room too.

I play an old slotline chipper and a pinemeadow 68 degree "last wedge".

Does a TM TPI putter count?!?!

My buddy is the garage sale club guy. He is always bringing something new that he picked up for 1.50. His last buy was a 7W. That club is awesome.

a copper Wilson "Sandy Andy" R61 sand wedge

The BF has an outdated Jack Nicklaus Golden Bear golf club. He won't get rid of it and he still uses it and still hits pretty well with it too.

I have not only and 11-wood but also a 13-wood. Only reason I don't have 15- and 17-woods is because I couldn't find them when I was looking!

Years ago I went to all woods for a while since I couldn't hit an iron to save my life.

i never heard of a 19 wood until this
http://www.thomasgolf.com/AFFhighwoods.shtml
also my dad uses 20 year old callaway knockoff irons
and some weird fairway woods that he refuses to tell me where he got them

I put with a Nickent Pipe putter

PUTTER%20NICKENT%20PIPE.jpg

I have a MacGregor 9 wood that has come in handy at about 170 yards - for my 3/4 swing it has a low trajectory then ballons at the end and drops.

I've got a Dunlop "No Problem" 7 wood...I think it combines aspects of several different club designs from 10+ years ago...It has a TM "bubble" style shaft that loads up just perfect for my swing. The shaft uses Callaways thru-shaft style hosel. I think the actually head was modeled after an Orlimar design or something like that. I can punch 160-180 yards out of rough with it and have hit 220 from fairways...I carry a 3 wood & a hybrid, but the old 7 wood is just too versatile to pass up...

I have one of the original Power Pods from the late 80's! The thing is almost impossible to slice and goes a long long long way. I take it out occasionally for a fun game and always get lots of questions. I used to have a Bassakward putter from as well which I played regularly, but I lost it in a move a while ago.

product_60953.jpg

I have one of the original Power Pods from the late 80's! The thing is almost impossible to slice and goes a long long long way. I take it out occasionally for a fun game and always get lots of questions. I used to have a Bassakward putter from as well which I played regularly, but I lost it in a move a while ago.

product_60953.jpg

Curious why someone wouldn't game this Power Pod more often if it hits straight & long. Granted, you may not be able to shape shots with it :^).

Curious why someone wouldn't game this Power Pod more often if it hits straight & long. Granted, you may not be able to shape shots with it :^).

My best guess it that it's probably nonconforming.

i watched tgc and payne stewart was on the heartbreaking us open top 10...
he wore a top flite visor and was hitting a strata ball...
nowadays ppl think thats hackers stuff... lolz

imagine in the future when kids will look at titleists and say... "those are range rocks... i wouldnt play those even if the do sell them at 50 cents a dozen"

Back