I don't like soy sauce with my sushi. Disguises the taste too much for me. But, that is just my opinion.

I like to add both soy and wasabi in varying amounts. Allows me to change the taste from bite to bite.

I like to add both soy and wasabi in varying amounts. Allows me to change the taste from bite to bite.

that is exactly what I do. Although recently I have begun just mixing my Wasabi in the soy dish until it is completely blended.

Now I want Sushi. But we have THP Fantasy Football tonight.

It will be so good, ill take a bite for you. Im going after the draft.

Love sushi.

And even if I didn't like it on its own merits, I would love it because it is a superior soy sauce delivery device.

Ha Ha, good one Harry. I love sushi too. Favorites are albacore with ponzu, yellowtail and at the local sushi restaurant their special "Sembei", rice cracker with spicy tuna.

I love, love, love, love, love, love, love sushi!!!! I first had sushi with my girlfriend (who also loves sushi) a couple months ago and Ive been hooked on it ever since.
My favorites are salmon rolls, spicey tun rolls and California rolls. Even eel is pretty good. I also love Edamame! Sushi is so yummy and so good, I cant get enough of it.
I know that a lot of people are totally grossed out by sushi, but once you get past the fact that its raw (in Western culture we view eating raw food as being so very wrong), its very good.

I love sushi! I even moved into the neighborhood I live in because my house is only two blocks from the best sushi in Denver. This place flies their fish in from Japan weekly. The owners go to Japan every week to hand pick their fish. I think I need to walk over there now and grab some!!!

Sushi is usually my first date place. It gives me a chance to eat it, impress her by the ammount of money I will spend, and to see if she likes it. Not liking sushi could possibly be a deal breaker.

I think you should give a girl credit if she is willing to try it, don't just rule her out!

I personally love sushi and am lucky to live in Boston where we have some pretty good restaurants here. I am also a frequent traveler to NYC where they have some fantastic places, but tough on the wallet!

I think you should give a girl credit if she is willing to try it, don't just rule her out!

I personally love sushi and am lucky to live in Boston where we have some pretty good restaurants here. I am also a frequent traveler to NYC where they have some fantastic places, but tough on the wallet!

You have a good point. She will at least have to like my favorite sushi places because we will go there often.

Do you guys like rolls or nigiri and sashimi better? I am personally more of a nigiri and sashimi fan if I had to choose one. Once when I was in Florida, I caught a Spanish Mackerel and put him on ice and had fresh caught sushi when I got home.

Soy and wasabi are a must for me. I usually make 2 bowls....one mild wasabi/soy mix and the other an over the top spicy wasabi/soy mix. that way the spicy rolls get the mild treatment and the not so spicy ones get the spicy treatment. I have a system. lol

Where is Smalls with his Spam sushi recipe? :D

This is the Tex Wasabi's Gringo Sushi

Gringo Sushi
We developed the "Gringo Sushi" for those that aren't quite ready or sure about "Sushi Maki", with its "raw fish and seaweed". Gringo Sushi is rolled with rice paper and filled with anything from BBQ Brisket to Cajun Chicken.

Texas Club $6.95
Cajun chicken, bacon, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, & Caesar dressing wrapped in sushi rice with tapioca paper.

NEW! Screaming Gobbler $7.95
Roasted turkey, jalapenos, pepper jack, avocados, green onions, mayonnaise and sriracha mayonnaise wrapped in sushi rice and tapioca paper. First you’ll gobble, then you’ll scream.

Kemosabe Roll $6.95
Tapioca rice paper roll with sushi rice, BBQ beef brisket, french fries, crispy onions & a garlic chili mayo sauce.

Big Bird on Fire $6.95
Tapioca rice paper roll with sushi rice, blackened chicken, french fries & a sweet chili sauce.

Jackass Roll $6.95
Tapioca rice paper roll with sushi rice, avocado, BBQ pork, french fries & a garlic chili mayo sauce.

NEW! Hidden Chicken Roll $7.95
Grilled marinated teriyaki chicken, wrapped with avocado, mandarin oranges, crushed wontons and lettuce in tapioca paper. Served with a teriyaki dipping sauce.

Morgan’s Earthy Crunchy Roll $6.95
Tapioca rice paper roll with sushi rice, crunchy tempura bits, avocado, cucumber, julienne vegetables, daikon sprouts served with a ponzu dipping sauce.

Kamikaze Kowboy Roll $6.95
Tapioca rice paper roll with sushi rice, avocado, tempura chicken & eel sauce

I love California rolls with some kick-a$$ wasabi...... Mmmmmmm

I like sushi but my wife doesn’t so I’ll often have it during nights I am away on business or she isn’t going to be home for dinner. Big fan of wasabi! :banana::alien2:

I grew up eating sushi and sashimi, so I've enjoyed just reading this thread, but now I've got me a hankering for some fish!

My favorite was homemade. Well, home-sliced anyway. We'd go to the local fish market and get white sea bass. Made for great sushi with a delicate taste. I've never been able to find it in restaurants and the fish markets don't even carry that anymore--not that I've been to a place like Pike's or anything...

This is the Tex Wasabi's Gringo Sushi

Gringo Sushi
We developed the "Gringo Sushi" for those that aren't quite ready or sure about "Sushi Maki", with its "raw fish and seaweed". Gringo Sushi is rolled with rice paper and filled with anything from BBQ Brisket to Cajun Chicken.

Texas Club $6.95
Cajun chicken, bacon, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, & Caesar dressing wrapped in sushi rice with tapioca paper.

NEW! Screaming Gobbler $7.95
Roasted turkey, jalapenos, pepper jack, avocados, green onions, mayonnaise and sriracha mayonnaise wrapped in sushi rice and tapioca paper. First you’ll gobble, then you’ll scream.

Kemosabe Roll $6.95
Tapioca rice paper roll with sushi rice, BBQ beef brisket, french fries, crispy onions & a garlic chili mayo sauce.

Big Bird on Fire $6.95
Tapioca rice paper roll with sushi rice, blackened chicken, french fries & a sweet chili sauce.

Jackass Roll $6.95
Tapioca rice paper roll with sushi rice, avocado, BBQ pork, french fries & a garlic chili mayo sauce.

NEW! Hidden Chicken Roll $7.95
Grilled marinated teriyaki chicken, wrapped with avocado, mandarin oranges, crushed wontons and lettuce in tapioca paper. Served with a teriyaki dipping sauce.

Morgan’s Earthy Crunchy Roll $6.95
Tapioca rice paper roll with sushi rice, crunchy tempura bits, avocado, cucumber, julienne vegetables, daikon sprouts served with a ponzu dipping sauce.

Kamikaze Kowboy Roll $6.95
Tapioca rice paper roll with sushi rice, avocado, tempura chicken & eel sauce

Kinda digging the Big Bird on Fire roll..... yum!

Amen to that! A lot of the women around here would be totally grossed out by sushi.
Personally, Id spend a moderate amount of money on a first date. Id prefer to know that a woman likes me for me, not because I take her out to fancy places all the time and spend a lot of money on her. :confused2:

You have a good point. She will at least have to like my favorite sushi places because we will go there often.

Do you guys like rolls or nigiri and sashimi better? I am personally more of a nigiri and sashimi fan if I had to choose one. Once when I was in Florida, I caught a Spanish Mackerel and put him on ice and had fresh caught sushi when I got home.

It depends which place we go to. I prefer sashimi and nigiri, but ill throw a few rolls in. Spicy scallop hand rolls are one of my favorites.

Sushi is a staple food for me and my wife. Once or twice a week. Uni (sea urchin) is my favorite (Diane, I KNOW you wouldn't like the texture of uni!), and it's a constant struggle for me as I'm trying to fight high cholesterol, which uni is backed with. But I am more than content with hamachi, sake, spicy tuna, scallop, eel, etc...

Some call it bait...I tried it and all I can say about is it wasn't that bad. I was surprised it didn't taste like raw fish but....but!! It wasn't all the good either. Ya see...if I'm going to shell out that kind of money for food...it better be damn good. This of course is just mho I'm going to try and walk upright any day now. Wish me luck!

Sushi is a staple food for me and my wife. Once or twice a week. Uni (sea urchin) is my favorite (Diane, I KNOW you wouldn't like the texture of uni!), and it's a constant struggle for me as I'm trying to fight high cholesterol, which uni is backed with. But I am more than content with hamachi, sake, spicy tuna, scallop, eel, etc...

Were the same SBC, I usually go once a week with the lady and once for lunch with some buddies. The problem I have with Uni is that it is either really good or really bad, there never seems to be a in between.

I've recently gotten into rolling my own inside out maki rolls at my house for family and friends. It's a lot of fun, fairly simple and is a sure way to impress.

I got into that about a year or so ago. It gets pretty messy, but it tastes good when you know you made it.

sushi is the second thing that i am going to eat as soon as i get back home. the first being the LARGEST steak that i can find. i need to spoil myself after a year of bad food.

Back