special thanks to ClairefromClare

Sunday_Hacker

Release Your Inner Diablo
Reaction score
Handicap
I want to recognize another great act of generosity by an amazing forum member. Claire had noticed a little while back a post I had made about wanting to get my 8 year old son started in golf and that I was starting to look around for clubs for him. Next thing I know I get a PM from Claire offering me a full set of junior Cobra clubs with a bag! I was so touched and told her to just let me know how much shipping would be and I would send her a check ahead of time. But she refused telling me no worries, I was doing her a favor by helping her clean out her garage! Needless to say this was such a generous and giving thing for her to do for my son and I. Well the other day my boy and I arrived home from school and sitting on the porch was a large box. I hadnt told him yet about the clubs so he assumed it was just another package for mom. But when I told him it was for him he got so excited and barely made it in the front door before he was opening it! Once he saw the clubs inside he had the biggest smile on his face and immediately wanted to go play golf with dad! I am not ashamed to say that I got choked up a little seeing how happy he was. The bag has been next to his bed since that day. We are going to the range this weekend for some quality man time. I have thanked Claire in private but wanted everyone to know about her amazing gesture. Thank you so much again Claire, your kindness will never be forgotten and I hope to one day be able to repay the happiness you have given my son.

Has he "golfed" (as in, swung a golf club) before, or will this be a first?

Congrats to you and your son... and a huge BRAVO! to Claire. Another great gesture from another great member of THP!

Great story and really classy thing for Claire to do :act-up: Kinda gave me goosebumps.

Enjoy the time you get to spend with your son SH!

Nice touch Claire, you’re the greatest! :clapp::clapp::clapp: What a great gift to give a dad, a son who wants to go play golf with him.

Sunday Hacker, enjoy the time with your son!

no floppy he has never hit a real club but has a pretty mean swing with the plastic set I bought him a few years back and at Monster Golf! he always asks to go when he sees me getting ready to go to the course. so this will be his first "official" golf swing on Saturday thanks to Claire.

What an awesome story! Great move Claire!

no floppy he has never hit a real club but has a pretty mean swing with the plastic set I bought him a few years back and at Monster Golf! he always asks to go when he sees me getting ready to go to the course. so this will be his first "official" golf swing on Saturday thanks to Claire.

Awww, how cute. :act-up:

After my substitute teacher asking my class "Who here plays golf?" and I was the only one... I've come to realize that junior golfers are hard to come by -- and these are 16-17 y/o kids. Enjoy what you have!

Last edited:
fantastic gesture cfc! and sunday, i know that your saturday's going to be awesome.

That was a totally AWESOME gesture Claire!!! Enjoy your time with your son and it won't be long before he is giving youa run for your money.

AWESOME! Claire Rocks! She gave me a couple of very nice ladies golf shirts, which my wife now wears (They didn't fit me. LOL!)

Nicely done Claire! :thumb:

Looking forward to see how Jr S-H does at the range with his new clubs!

What an awesome gesture. WTG CfC!

Awesome move Claire! I hope to see my son so excited about golf someday as well!

That Claire is all right. Sunday Hacker, you are in for a treat. You're going to love this.

Kevin

Wonderful story, way to go Claire!!! Hacker, you need to post his bag on the thread here. It would only be appropriate. If he is gonna golf with Daddy he should be able to post on here like Daddy!! :smile-big:

Claire is great. She sent me a care package a year or so ago.

That was really thoughtful of you Claire.

SH, hope your boys enjoys those new sticks. It sure is a great game to take up at a young age.

Great story, and a very thoughtful thing for you to do Claire! :clapp:

I hope SH Jr. enjoys this game as much as the rest of us do - have fun this weekend!

great story... claire is awesome... yet another reason i love this site... the ppl here are amazing

way to go claire. i still remeber my first range session and my first round with my dad. awesome memories.

What a great person! Very heartwarming story.

You are all too kind, and I want to hear how they work out.

SH didn't tell you the part about keeping the moose headcover for himself!

hehhehe no I left that part out Claire! :act-up: along with the clubs came two very cool head covers one Moose and one Crab/Shrimp. well the boy didnt get the Moose one for a few reasons. one it is very cool looking, two I belong to the Moose Lodge and three its one of my many nicknames! thanks again Claire and there will be many updates and hopefull photos to go along with!

P1000107.jpg

Back