Fairway Wood Off the Deck

Fairway Wood Off the Deck

I do hit them off the deck.

I love the Deep versions from Callaway. I've had the 2, 3 and 5 deeps.

Usually only hit them on Long par 5s typically.

I played a cobra amp 4w for years before switching to the 915 fd and I hit it off the deck quite often. I'm not the longest off the tee so on long par 4s sometimes I'm still hitting 3w in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way you hammered your old hybrids, you didn't need to!
Honestly, as well as I hit those D-100 hybrids, I think I like the GBB woods even better.

90% of my fairway wood usage is off the deck, I'll use it off a tee if it's a short or narrow driving area.

The Cobra Bio-Cell+ fairway woods are the bomb and some of the best if not the best I've had in the bag.

I have a Taylormade SLDR S 3w that usually ends in a wicked fade off the deck but when I do hit it straight, it goes 220 yards! Tim

More often than not. Even when I hit the tee shot with the fairway wood, I usually hit it off the deck. I think it is more of a mental thing with me, though.

I am not a very long driver so a wood off the deck is a main part of my game. I only use the 3 wood off the tee box so my 5 and 7 woods gets a lot of use. I had XHot's that went long but not very straight. Switched to the Ping G30, gave up a little distance but I always know where the ball is going to end up.

I'm a short knocker so I hit my 3W off the fairway on par 5's regularly. It's a mental thing, but I can only play shallow faced fairways such as my Adams 9032ti or my current gamer the Hopkins SuperSpoon.

Love hitting my 5w off the deck. I have an Adams Tight Lies 3w that I've had some success with, but I have to say the G30 lofted up to 4w territory was just so easy to mash off the deck. Line drive trajectory and straight.

Yes, often.

If I hit a bad drive, I can usually make up for it with a fairway wood, and get close to the green.

On long pars 5's, 2nd shot.

I have a Cleveland DST 13° 3 wood. It is like a mini driver, and hits good from the fairway, too.

The Cobra Amp Cell woods are awesome.

My 3-4 wood is set to 4.

The 5-7 wood is set to 6.

I hit these from the fairway, but also on long 200 yard par 3's, and 200+ yard par 4's.

On the tee box, I only use a tee for these if there isn't good grass to hit off of.

Jack

I hit my 3 wood on the par 5s when into the wind. They are mainly used off the tee.

Never. I don't own them and don't like to hit them. I have always had a problem hitting them off the turf and I like to "go for it" and find I have a better strike with a hybrid.

A couple of times per round I would say. Like most other posters here, generally if I'm trying to get home in 2 on a par 5 with no trouble in front of the green or if I really screw up a drive and need to make up some yards on a par 5. I rarely use it off the tee, I'm just as likely to slice it as I am my driver so I might as well let the big dog feed whenever I need some distance!

Fairway off the deck has actually become a confidence shot for me. I primarily play a 4 wood and heavenwood and don't hesitate to hit either off the deck. I thought my 4 wood was the easiest fairway to hit off the deck UNTIL I got the heavenwood--that thing is just SO easy to launch off the deck.

I'll also hit either off the tee without hesitation. I tee them down low as if I were playing them off the deck. Easy peasy.

Never. I don't own them and don't like to hit them. I have always had a problem hitting them off the turf and I like to "go for it" and find I have a better strike with a hybrid.

i pretty much feel this way too, although i'll still do it because the situation will sometimes dictate it. more often than not i second-guess my decision and think a laid-up hybrid and pitch-and-putt would have been a better play.

I don't hit it long and my home course has a mix of longer and shorter par 4's that will require a few 200 to 210 yards shots per round. I've had a Ping G30 5W with Tour 80 shaft in/out of the bag but it likely will be going back in as it's incredibly easy to hit off the deck and perfect for this distance. I can hit the G30 3W off the deck but with 60/40 results, the 5W is far more accurate and reliable, it's a 85/15 club for me and that trust factor just makes all the difference.

I can't hit a fairway off the deck. I top it every time

My only fairway wood is a 3 wood. I only hit it off the deck a few times a year. It is a shot that rarely comes up for me. That being said I have no problems in hitting the shot.

It's not often I use a 3w off the deck, I use it a lot off the tee though. If I have a bad tee shot on a long par 5 and a miss isn't too punishing I will use it then. I do use my 5w off the deck a once or twice a round and off the tee some also if my driver or 3w are too long for a dogleg hole.

Maybe once or twice a round. I find I have better success with deeper face fairway woods from the deck, I don't know why. It's why I have the 909f3 and 906f2 in my bag at the moment. Great off the tee and deck for me, I have stopped looking at anything newer. I tend to hit shallower face woods thin...

I will pull my 7W in a split second for any shot where I need 200 yards. I have complete confidence in it. My 4W is another story, I can only hit it off the deck when the shot calls for a big cut, so I will go long periods of time without even pulling it out of the bag.

Pretty frequently this season. Both the HW and GBB 3w are ridiculously easy to hit off the deck for me.

I don't use it often (maybe twice a round), but when I do, I hit my 5W. There are a couple of par 4's that may require the FW if I don't hit the driver far enough. Ironically, I won't use it on the par 5's, unless I mess up my tee shot. On the par 5's I'll normally hit a rescue or mid iron for my second shot in order to leave a full wedge into the green.

I try to hit my FWs off the deck with minimal success, it is one of those parts of my game that needs serious work

Back