CURE EVENT extra rounds and hotels

greggdrews

Reaction score
Handicap
6 putts
There is nothing specific set up for this but we thought it would be a good idea to direct all conversation about extra rounds and travel to have it's own thread as always.

Friday's Round:
Mplefty
V.man
Lions81

Last edited:
Good idea. I'm heading up from RI, if anyone needs a lift or wants to car pool anywhere near my route (90 to 88 I believe). Looks like about 5 hours. Do we know what time to get there on Friday? Will be looking to stay wherever most people are.

I would be in for extra rounds Friday and/or Monday if there is interest

I'm in central PA so if anyone is heading my way let me know. I'm close to 83 81 and the PA Turnpike. I'll stay wherever everyone else is as well. Let me know if anyone wants to split a hotel room. Might be up for an extra round Friday. Need to check whether I can take a full day or half day from work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too early to fully commit to it, but could be interested in a round Friday late morning/early afternoon. Not sure what time the meet and greet starts. Wouldn't mind playing the course once before we play it in tournament conditions.

I'm in central PA so if anyone is heading my way let me know. I'm close to 83 81 and the PA Turnpike. I'll stay wherever everyone else is as well. Let me know if anyone wants to split a hotel room. Might be up for an extra round Friday. Need to check whether I can take a full day or half day from work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pm sent

So what hotel is everyone going to stay at?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

So what hotel is everyone going to stay at?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
I can't imagine anything has been decided on that front. I'm trying to get some feedback on places to stay from a few friends who live in the area and I'll post that info as soon as I have it.

I believe the comfort inn right in apalachan is the best choice I can find.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

If you want to stay close to the course, there are limited choices in Apalachin. If you want to stay where there are more lodging/dining/shopping options, I would suggest Vestal.

I didn't get into the event because I'm an idiot and set a calendar reminder for the wrong day, but I'd be glad to help with travel/food extra round recommendations. If you can, get a round in at En-Joie Golf Course. The TOUR used to play the BC Open there and it currently hosts the Dick's Sporting Goods Open for the Senior guys. The course is in Endicott, only 10-15 minutes from Apalachin and 5 from Vestal.

I believe the comfort inn right in apalachan is the best choice I can find.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

i agree the advanced purchase rate is $94 that will be hard to beat

Jealous of you guys that got in, going to be a great event. If it wasn't competition based I would have been all over it.

If anyone has any questions on the area, where to stay or where to play extra rounds I'd be happy to help. I work in Vestal about 10 minutes from the course.

Jealous of you guys that got in, going to be a great event. If it wasn't competition based I would have been all over it.

If anyone has any questions on the area, where to stay or where to play extra rounds I'd be happy to help. I work in Vestal about 10 minutes from the course.

The competition is lighthearted and handicap based.
Should have joined the Albatross Club and jumped in.

So I was finally able to touch base with my college roommate about some hotels in the immediate area of the golf course. He gave me three, listed by level of "nice" as: The Treadway Inn Owego ($114/night); Holiday Inn Express Owego ($112/night); and the Comfort Inn Apalachin ($99/night). If you believe their websites, it looks like rooms may be hard to come by at the Treadway and the Holiday Inn Express.

If I learned anything about past events, it's that the more event attendees that congregate at the same hotel, the more epic the event seems to be. If there are enough people who are interested in one hotel over another, I will call and see if it's not too late to get a block, or see what they can offer, or whatever.

So the majority rules, anyone care for one hotel over another? Or does anyone know of any other hotels that make sense? I honestly can't remember if anything was discussed in the main event thread or not.

There hasn't been a lot of discussion about accommodations yet that I've seen.

So I was finally able to touch base with my college roommate about some hotels in the immediate area of the golf course. He gave me three, listed by level of "nice" as: The Treadway Inn Owego ($114/night); Holiday Inn Express Owego ($112/night); and the Comfort Inn Apalachin ($99/night). If you believe their websites, it looks like rooms may be hard to come by at the Treadway and the Holiday Inn Express.

If I learned anything about past events, it's that the more event attendees that congregate at the same hotel, the more epic the event seems to be. If there are enough people who are interested in one hotel over another, I will call and see if it's not too late to get a block, or see what they can offer, or whatever.

So the majority rules, anyone care for one hotel over another? Or does anyone know of any other hotels that make sense? I honestly can't remember if anything was discussed in the main event thread or not.

thanks for the leg work captain.

I don't really care about which hotel we choose, but I agree about all going to the same place.

also is anyone planning on an extra round friday and/or monday?

I'm in for whatever hotel has room for everyone. Not sure I'll have time for extra rounds as its a 5-6 hour drive out there for me so likely out there between 2-3ish is my guess. Maybe a range session or putting practice?

thanks for the leg work captain.

I don't really care about which hotel we choose, but I agree about all going to the same place.

also is anyone planning on an extra round friday and/or monday?
I too am working something up for that. My current schedule has me not working Mondays, but it's not out of the question for me to change that to Friday.

also, do we know where is the Friday get together and the Saturday dinner? maybe it would be best to chose the hotel closer than wherever we may or may not have a drink or 12

Dinner is in Owego.

I'm all for staying where the majority are looking to stay. Like Pete said when a group of THPers stay at the same place it always adds to the already awesome weekend and event.

Some pretty rough reviews for the Treadway on Trip Advisor.

I think I'll be able to play Friday and would like to if we can get a group together. Big advantage to play a course at least once before a tournament.

Some pretty rough reviews for the Treadway on Trip Advisor.
Yuck. I went to a *gasp* prom there 4 million years ago. I think some bill it as the nicest in that area. How do the other two rate on Trip Advisor?

My buddy says the Comfort Inn is only a few years old…how bad could that be…?

I booked my hotel at the Hampton Inn in Owego.

Back