How far do you hit your 7 iron

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I am curious what people use as a guide for distance for their 7 iron. It was always 155 for me. Since switching irons I realized that it is a little longer. Not much, but 3-5 yards.

155 pretty consistently... there was a time where I was hitting my 9 iron 150 yards (about a 4 month period) then I developed a serious swing flaw... which I still have to this day. No idea what went wrong and haven't been able to fit it since...

• Admin
amollerud can fix that for you. I guarantee it.

I hit my 7 iron about 140, give or take.

I hit my 7 iron right at 150 (assuming the sign at the range is right on)

amollerud can fix that for you. I guarantee it.

we'll take a look in February when I come down JB, looking at some dates and for a cheap airflight

140-150 depending on weather and the condition of my swing on any given day.

I hit my 7 iron right at 150 (assuming the sign at the range is right on)

it's hard for me... I go to a range that is aesthetically nice. The range, which is unfortunately mat only, is located 5 minutes from my house so I frequent the facility twice a week during the season. I feel that the range is roughly marked but also feel that the quality of the balls comes into play.

When playing, if 150 out I am hitting an 8 iron 96% of the time but struggle getting a 7 iron to the "150" marker at my range. Would love to check it out on a rangefinder.

• Admin
we'll take a look in February when I come down JB, looking at some dates and for a cheap airflight

You know you have a place to stay.

About 160 for me, depending on stuff like lie, wind, moisture, altitude, etc, etc....

Just about 150.

My 8 is about 135 and my 9 is about 120. I only hit my PW, which is 47 degrees, about 105 yards. Not sure exactly why that is, because when I go in the other direction, my irons are at about 10 yard increments.

160 for me. I hit my short irons very far for a guy my age/size...

5i 170 <- have a hard time hitting my 5i for some reason
6i 170
7i 160
8i 150
9i 140
PW 120

160 to 165, but my irons are all 1/2" over

Couldn't tell you, never goes the same distance place twice....

That would be my answer if the question was "WHERE do you hit your 7-iron?"

But the distance is mostly consistent.

That would be my answer if the question was "WHERE do you hit your 7-iron?"

But the distance is mostly consistent.

I know Harry, but I just hate answering the question because I can hit my 7 so many different distances depending on what I need to. I guess my "stock" 7 iron would be around 155ish

I know Harry, but I just hate answering the question because I can hit my 7 so many different distances depending on what I need to. I guess my "stock" 7 iron would be around 155ish

I'm still working on getting a stock shot. (Although, my 7 iron is my favorite club in the bag.)

Presently about 155.

155-160 im a pretty aggressive player when it comes to swing speed

155-160 im a pretty aggressive player when it comes to swing speed

ah, after seeing this I'll have to change my answer. I know Lange is a farther hitter than me and my ball goes alot higher so I'll have to say around 155-165.

ah, after seeing this I'll have to change my answer. I know Lange is a farther hitter than me and my ball goes alot higher so I'll have to say around 155-165.

Well ill have to go to the range again and see what goes on, cuz i know my 150 club is usually a strong 9 iron or a medium 8.

Back