Also, disregard those distances, I took it to two other ranges, and you can knock about 20 off each iron, and add 20 to driver.

Glad to see you improving!

My 2 cents, instead of trying to work the ball, why don't you start working more on wedge play, chipping, half swings, etc.. Because most people in the mid-high handicap range like myself and you usually just aim at the middle of the green and hope it goes there lol I wouldn't worry about trying to work the ball so much right now as trying to get my chipping dialed in. I mean out of say 12 approach shots with an 8iron, 7iron, 6i and on down we well probably hit 3-5 greens in regulation if that and that's just going for the middle of the green, so where we score is how well we can get up and down after missing the green. The only time I will try to work the ball is if the wind is blowing and I'm trying to hold a shot into it. Again this is just my opinion but I'd hold off on working the ball and get that short game dialed in first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the main prority, but I would also like to know that if I have to, I can control my ballflight. I dont think I will have to work it much, but I will feel confidence on the tee if I have that option.
Glad to see you improving!

My 2 cents, instead of trying to work the ball, why don't you start working more on wedge play, chipping, half swings, etc.. Because most people in the mid-high handicap range like myself and you usually just aim at the middle of the green and hope it goes there lol I wouldn't worry about trying to work the ball so much right now as trying to get my chipping dialed in. I mean out of say 12 approach shots with an 8iron, 7iron, 6i and on down we well probably hit 3-5 greens in regulation if that and that's just going for the middle of the green, so where we score is how well we can get up and down after missing the green. The only time I will try to work the ball is if the wind is blowing and I'm trying to hold a shot into it. Again this is just my opinion but I'd hold off on working the ball and get that short game dialed in first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing at a nice privete course tomorrow. Greens are about a 9 stimp'd. Oughta be interesting.

Been working on a new grip that allows me to hinge more efficently. Also worked from rough a lot.

Enjoy tomorrow Aggro...hope you have a great round.

Have fun tomorrow!

Wow, it looks like if you work on your short game you could be really really good. Good luck tomorrow.

Playing at a nice privete course tomorrow. Greens are about a 9 stimp'd. Oughta be interesting.

Been working on a new grip that allows me to hinge more efficently. Also worked from rough a lot.

How was your round, aggro?

Aweful. We played the best drive, and then our own ball to finish. The member was a 4 handicap...
After 14 weeks of football, my swing has deteriorated. Almosf all pushes and slices. Hit the 3 wood awesome though. Putting is progressing. Greens were very fast, but three putts still decreased. The member gave me and my buddy (also 16) his 9 hole vouchers to a local course, so it was all good. Free golf is nice

Oh well. Better luck next time. I need to swing the club regularly or I lose it as well.

Playing tomorrow morning.

Goals-

Quit swinging so darn hard. Leads to nothing but trouble.

Gauge my current ball striking, to prepare for my GolfTec fitting. It went to hell over football season, and fitting is next week.

Work on 50 yards and in- I keep leaving it short.

Focus on keeping good technique. I have been lettin my hips slide WAY out.

Oh yeah, and test Golf Balls!

Shot 104. This is my lowest round ever. Swing changes are starting to cement. If not for a blow up hole, I woulda broke 100. Maybe next time.

Highlights- came two feet away from a hole in one.
Several drives well over 250.
Pretty good putting. One or two three putts.

It's coming so let it happen

It's coming so let it happen

Pale Rider huh? Ol Pale you are on the right track because you have worked hard, and not given up. I believe in ya dude so ride that hoss into the 90's :deadhorse:

TC has way too much influence on your signature with that Pale Rider stuff :D

Pale rider is everywhere.......even in Alabama....hehe

Pale Rider huh? Ol Pale you are on the right track because you have worked hard, and not given up. I believe in ya dude so ride that hoss into the 90's :deadhorse:

TC has way too much influence on your signature with that Pale Rider stuff :D

Pale rider is everywhere.......even in Alabama....hehe

Hehe. It was a joke for the Pale Rider thread. Need to change it- I am WAY too tan. Football does that.

Grey- Thanks for the support. Its coming, slowly. I really need to find out what my exect distances are, because it cost me about 6-8 strokes. I am also still a little crooked with MY driver. I hit my buddies FT-5 great though. It is draw biased.
FWoods were meh today, but the hybrid fiinally came through- I was bombing it!

I hit several greens on LONG par 3's. I was happy.

Thought I would fire this thread back up. I am getting close to a membership which will allow me to play every week. Should come in in mid April.

The current state of my game is... interesting. I still have those inconsistencies. The duffed shot, the pop-up driver. However, my distance off all my clubs is improving. I have grown stronger since football. I am swinging the clubs very hard, and am getting some impressive carry numbers for someone as short as I am.

I have messed with my driver swing. It all came together today, with the addition of a position change.

Tempo has changed dramatically. I have slowed it all down, and shortened the back swing, while increasing the length of the follow through. I am reaching peak speed in the right place now, instead of before impact, and my peak speed is higher.

I practice at least 2 hours a day, to make up for lack of course time.

I have a round scheduled for Friday. I have never played the course, so I do not expect to break 100, but I'm gonna try my darnedest.

Great to see your working super hard to get better. It all pays off in the long run when you really lower your cap. Keep working at it and even if you can take video of your swing and try to evaluate yourself or have someone on here do it. It's a great jumpstart without having to pay for lessons.

It's all about discoveries on the range and figuring out things for yourself, once you have knowledge of your golf swing corrections are easy and it's easy to make yourself better.

Again,

good luck.

Good luck Aggro.

Dent, seriously dude, wise beyond your age.

The fact that you're practicing so much is a good thing Aggro
Last year I started it shooting 98on avg. Through playing 3-5 times per week and living on the range/ greens before rounds I ended my season shooting 82 on avg. Keep working on it bud and if u need any good drills for anything pm me. Bon chance mon ami!

BulldogsGolf :clapp:

Believe me, when you play multiple times a week, your game improves drastically. The best thing that happened to my game was joining my team and playing 5 times a week. Just find the breakthrough, (which isn't always easy), and stay committed, which you have done a great job so far.

The fact that you're practicing so much is a good thing Aggro
Last year I started it shooting 98on avg. Through playing 3-5 times per week and living on the range/ greens before rounds I ended my season shooting 82 on avg. Keep working on it bud and if u need any good drills for anything pm me. Bon chance mon ami!

BulldogsGolf :clapp:

LOL, I didn't take French, I take Latin. I think in my language that goes something like "Bona fortuna amicus"

Thanks bud.

It might be "Bona fortuna amicum"

God I hate Latin declensions.

It might be "Bona fortuna amicum"

God I hate Latin declensions.

I think you are right. I almost put that down. Yeah, latin freaking sucks. And I have to take it online.

Great to see your working super hard to get better. It all pays off in the long run when you really lower your cap. Keep working at it and even if you can take video of your swing and try to evaluate yourself or have someone on here do it. It's a great jumpstart without having to pay for lessons.

It's all about discoveries on the range and figuring out things for yourself, once you have knowledge of your golf swing corrections are easy and it's easy to make yourself better.

Again,

good luck.

I have figured out most of my swing issues so when I hit a bad shot I stand where I hit the ball reswinging at air and talk to myself out loud as to why I hit the ball bad. When my wife goes she usually accuses me of drinking too much beer. Win some lose some.

It has been one year. The 90's are not an issue for me. I go out expecting to shoot 90-95. But now it is time to take the next step.

The one dramatic downfall of my game is irons. I am a pretty good driver of the ball. I very rarely miss the fairway, though I am not the longest, but then again, I certainly don't have to be for my course.

I am also decent enough with the short irons, but anything longer than the 8 gives me trouble, most specifically with distance control.

Putting.... Putting sucks, but it is getting better, slowly but surely.

Chipping depends on the day. SOmedays I can be absolutely brilliant around the greens, somedays it looks like I am using a left handed club. Must practice more.

I think it is a little odd that my driver game is so good, but my irons are so bad. It used to be the opposite.

Back