2010 Mizuno Iron Unboxing

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The kind folks at Mizuno were nice enough to send over a few sets for us to review on the site. Here we have just a few unboxing pictures of the 3 sets we requested for review.

Obviously more and better pictures coming up soon and in the review.

671027291_uodzq-L-1.jpg

671027206_FsVut-L-1.jpg

671027373_V89vj-L-1.jpg

671027438_6MFHi-L-1.jpg

671027321_r6Cqw-L-1.jpg

671027653_wzvB2-L-1.jpg

671027775_Es7Et-L-1.jpg

671027721_pxaMs-L-1.jpg

671027598_jL3CA-L-1.jpg

671027509_Qp6MB-L-1.jpg

671027540_XU2Cy-L-1.jpg

Yawn.....

• Admin
those 1000's look awesome!!!!

I like the look of the MX300s. JB - a request: could you also posts shots of the soles so we can see how wide they are? I like to see how wide the soles are for the long irons. I equate wider soles in the long irons as them being easier to hit (maybe a bad assumption). Thanks.

• Admin
We will definitely post shots of the soles both from the bottom and from the toe as we usually do in our review. The unboxing pics are usually just something quick so that everybody can get an idea of what the irons look like.

If possible, I'd like to see side-by-side shots of the MX-200 and MX-300.

• Admin
If possible, I'd like to see side-by-side shots of the MX-200 and MX-300.

I would too. Unfortunately we do not have any MX-200s right now to do them. I have asked for a photo showing both of these from the company though.

I would too. Unfortunately we do not have any MX-200s right now to do them. I have asked for a photo showing both of these from the company though.

From handling both, can you tell the differences between the two? (head size in particular?)

From handling both, can you tell the differences between the two? (head size in particular?)

Going off of memory alone it seems as if the MX-300s have a smaller head size than that of the MX-200s. They also appear to have a slightly thinner sole and less offset. I have not even taken any of the wrapping off of these and will certainly be able to tell more once I take them out to hit a few in the next few weeks.

Great, thanks.

Absolutely gorgeous! Having MP57's myself I have been eagerly awaying the reviews and pics of the 58's...they look great!

I like the looks of those MP58's.

IMO best looking clubs out there right now, epsecially the 300 and 58's. Actually wish I could play the 58's, but need all the forgiveness I can get with minimal offset so if I was to be in the market I would go after the 300's.

My Edwin Watts down here got in a demo 6 iron of the 300 and I really like it though I do not like the stock Dynalite shaft, it still was an awesome club. Can't wait for the reviews guys!

Agreed.

-JP

And once again I will ask what the heck that means? If the irons do not do it for you, that is all well and good, but please expand. I never thought in the world you of all people would be short of words.

And once again I will ask what the heck that means? If the irons do not do it for you, that is all well and good, but please expand. I never thought in the world you of all people would be short of words.

It's just that they all look alike these days since all of the possible design variables have been pretty much covered by now.

Seriously - how many times can the wheel be re-invented?

It's like cars.

Years ago, cars were designed in very distinct and identifiable ways and it was easy to tell a Ford from a Chevy or a Dosge - right down to the year and the model. But these days, you could look across five lanes of rush hour traffic and be hard-pressed to point out two or three distinctly different cars because they all look the same at first glance.

Golf clubs have arrived at that point; I can't tell one from another without a scorecard so when a "new" design is unveiled, it looks just like the "old" design.

Hence, the *yawn*.

-JP

It's just that they all look alike these days since all of the possible design variables have been pretty much covered by now.

Seriously - how many times can the wheel be re-invented?

It's like cars.

Years ago, cars were designed in very distinct and identifiable ways and it was easy to tell a Ford from a Chevy or a Dosge - right down to the year and the model. But these days, you could look across five lanes of rush hour traffic and be hard-pressed to point out two or three distinctly different cars because they all look the same at first glance.

Golf clubs have arrived at that point; I can't tell one from another without a scorecard so when a "new" design is unveiled, it looks just like the "old" design.

Hence, the *yawn*.

-JP

I could not disagree more. But its your opinion. Just 5 years ago where were hybrids, cavity back players irons? etc... So much has changed in the last 5-7 years in golf clubs that it is staggering. SGI irons came out, players cavity like I mentioned before, GI/Players irons.

The manufacturers have really been able to separate different types of golfers for clubs that will help them. It was something that a decade ago was not really relevent.

I feel the same way about cars as well. More brands does means more choices, not always watered down.

Is it wrong that I'm in love with Mizuno irons?

I will probably buy a set of MX-200's before next spring, but I really, really want to own a set of MP-52's. I just don't have the game for them.

On these, I really like the MX-300's. I prefer the look to the 200's, for sure.

Where are the 68s? Ive hit all the new mizuno irons and i would say the mp 68 are the best and the mx 1000 are good. I didn't like either the mp 58 or mx 300.

We are not reviewing the 68s. They asked which 3 we wanted to review and I chose these. Some may like the others but I felt this was the best mix for the type of reader that we have here.

Strange how i would like the super game improvement and then the blade huh... are you reviewing any of the new titleist stuff soon?

We should have both AP1 and AP2s on 11/1

Back