Staff, Cart, or Stand Bag

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What kind of bag do you have and why? I am strictly a cart bag guy right now. I also prefer the OGIO or BagBoy lines rather than have a golf brand on my bag.

I have a stand bag right now because I walk. Since I got the Clicgear, however, I am considering a cart bag when I change bags next time.

I have two bags. My primary bag is a cart bag (Bennington Quiet Organizer 10). I ride 95% of the time and love the room and the fact that it not only stops the club rattle but I know all my clubs are in my bag everytime I go to it.

My secondary bag is a Callaway Terra Firma X stand bag. I transfer clubs to it a couple times a year when my boss wants to play (he refuses to walk). I like it, but it slid around too much on a cart.

I have an OGIO stand bag, I recently aquired a pull cart and would love to get a cart bag. I just can't get the stand bag to fit on the cart very well.

Im a cart bag guy. When I walk, I use my Clicgear so I really dont have a reason for a stand bag.

I have my Ogio cart bag that I love. Also have a Mizuno stand bag I hate for some reason, wish I would have gotten a super little SunMountain for the rare walking round instead.
Been looking for a new cart bag...Possibly the new Revolver.

Grogger, I've seen pics of those Benningtons, any further comments on it?

• Admin
We will be giving an OGIO bag away very soon Dent.

I haven't seen one in person in that color, but the bag itself is nice.

I have a cart bag and I love it. The only time I have issues with it is when I am at the chipping and putting green. My bag always tips over so I have to lay it on the ground. I fell in love with my bag the very first time I saw it. And everytime I play someone compliments me on it.

Plus being the "matchy-matchy" girl that I am, I have shoes and shorts to match it :)

Grogger, I've seen pics of those Benningtons, any further comments on it?

Scooter,

I love the bag. It has tons of pockets that are well laid out and the Quiet Organizer top is great. Keeps clubs quiet and for someone who always is panicking about leaving clubs behind, I don't even have to think about it anymore.

The only negative is that it is a pretty tall bag. On smaller carts, the strap is too low to go through the strap loop on the bag and it ends up going over the "personals" pocket (keys, wallet, etc.). That can be slightly inconvenient on occassion.

How the clubs sit in the bag isn't really obvious when you look at it without clubs, so here's a pic with clubs:

(NOT my clubs ... I'll have to take a WITB pic soon so you can see mine):
bagtop.jpg

The quality of materials and zippers is really as good as I've seen.

stand bag

Real cool Grogger.

Didn't we already have this thread?

This is the Ogio I am now thinking of. Last year's model, but I dig the colors. Though it does sorta look girly. Whatta ya think?

You got a problem with girly, mister?
I mostly use my cart bag with a push cart, at least on public courses. Obviously use it when I ride. The carry bag is for the club, where the caddy (or after 3:00 pm, me) carries the bag. I like the room in the cart bag and hate moving stuff back and forth, but it's fun to carry my clubs.

Here is Golfer Gal's ring box and cart bag.

I know someone who got this one for Christmas.

3324_550.jpeg

We both just got cart bags for Christmas. We had stand bags but since we never carry (when we walk we use push carts) we decided to get them. Stand bags and carts (electric or push carts) don't play well together.

Stand bag. I always walk and a stand bag is nice because you can set the bag down without having to actually lay it on the ground.
It makes it a lot easier to take a club out or to take someone out of the pockets that way.

It makes it a lot easier to take a club out or to take someone out of the pockets that way.

Holy crap! Who are you keeping in the pockets of you golf bag?!?!

It's me, isn't it?

No s--- Harry. Remind me not to play golf with Bakemono! That's just scary!

Back