UnOfficial Nor Cal/So Cal Get-Together Thread

I had to switch allegiances last time and play on the (hock, ptooie) SoCal squad. Just kidding, it was fun putting a pounding on you all.
But I'd love to come back and represent NorCal in the rematch.

If SoCal lose you Rob, we are in BIG trouble!

Thanks Won, but the credit really should go to all those "pops" I got.

UnOfficial Nor Cal/So Cal Get-Together Thread

I had to switch allegiances last time and play on the (hock, ptooie) SoCal squad. Just kidding, it was fun putting a pounding on you all.
But I'd love to come back and represent NorCal in the rematch.

This isn't like the NBA you can't see how many different franchises you can win the world championship with. You don't see the pro's trying to jump on the European team for the Ryder cup. So your SoCal unless the NorCal team needs one more to even things out.

Glad this thread is perking up!

We have been discussing a rematch and there has also been discussion of making a trip to Monterey (Bayonet/Black Horse possibly Poppy). The weekend thrown out was March 19/20 as it is before the Masters and Easter. Might be the first weekend of March Madness so not sure what effect that has.

If that ends up being just a get together of like minded THPers for some golf or a rematch is still up for debate/participation. All are welcome either way, just waiting to hear how many people are interested.

Hey bud! How are you man? We definitely have to play soon. I haven't played much the last 4-5 months but I'm always up for a good time. Still doing Pepperdine?
Yes sir! Having a blast too! I'd love to play Robles soon, just looks kinda sad because they stopped watering the fairways :(

Yes. We allowed the SoCal guys to win the inaugural event so they would play us again. :act-up:

Did you play in the first Norcal/Socal Duffer? I know some of us in the Up & Down backed out because of the schedule. I am ready to bring it home this time for the North!

This will be my first one and I am HYPED about it. It's shaping up to be a fantastic weekend of golf, that's for sure!

Did you play in the first Norcal/Socal Duffer? I know some of us in the Up & Down backed out because of the schedule. I am ready to bring it home this time for the North!
Yes, it was a lot of fun. I was fortunate that I could do both this and the Up & Down.
I hope I can be part of team NorCal again this year.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Yes sir! Having a blast too! I'd love to play Robles soon, just looks kinda sad because they stopped watering the fairways :(

No longer an issue. It has been raining like crazy and the courses have recovered like champs.

Tim had a good idea to make Sandpiper our second get-together location.
I know that'd be a far drive for you North/Central folks but what do you all think?

I know that'd be a far drive for you North/Central folks but what do you all think?

Sounds good to me. Cost might be an issue for those outside the area. Non resident rate gets up there.

Sounds good to me. Cost might be an issue for those outside the area. Non resident rate gets up there.

That is true. Even Ventura County is charged with non-resident there.

That course looks pretty darn good, I would probably be in. 4-4 1/2 hour drive for me.

Maybe do something where if we are there for the weekend, have it as a twilight round. They start twilight rates early enough to finish no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe play there Saturday and another site for a early morning round on Sunday.

yeah maybe La Purisma that Sunday or even further up north... I'm in for where ever.

Too far for me, but I'll keep watching and following!

I may be in depending on when it's going down!

I might be down for Piper, if its twilight. Otherwise, its a little rich for my blood unfortunately.

Maybe do something where if we are there for the weekend, have it as a twilight round. They start twilight rates early enough to finish no problem.

Just shy of 6 hours for me. The way things are going at work I won't be able to get either Friday or Monday off.
Twilight sounds good not only for the price break but for ease of travel on Saturday. Early round somewhere farther North on Sunday would be appreciated.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I think it's time to start figuring out if we want to get a rematch going. We have plenty of NoCal reps but you SoCal guys need to recruit. I can't believe an area that large can only manage to have a handful of people interested in meeting up for golf especially with as much notice as we give. We need more than wonton, Linwood and Schanker. First scud as been sent. You may have the trophy but it looks like you don't have the bodies. Typical SoCal. Arrive in the 3rd, leave in the 7th.

Yeah we had to LEND team SoCal some bodies just so they could compete. Guess they are too busy tanning on the beach, watching the horrible Lakers & Dodgers, sitting in traffic and whatever they like to do down there...:eyepoke:

I could play for the South again. But with me just coming off that 115 at Poppy Hills, my offer might not be accepted.

Back