The best shot of the round

Par 5... popped the drive up a bit, pulled my 2nd shot into the woods, tried to hit a low draw near the green and topped it, hit my approach into a greenside bunker, airmailed the green from the bunker and was left with 25 feet downhill to the pin.

I was pretty ticked about the series of terrible shots so I strolled casually up to the ball and chipped it without even really lining up the shot. It bounced once and rolled straight in for bogey.

I laughed all the way to the next tee.

Par 5, 243 left to green. Flushed 5 wood that scooted on up to about 14 feet. Surprised it went as far as it did but long is death so no way I was chancing a 3 wood. That or 66 yards left on par 4, hit SW to about 18 inches.

Par three, 183 to pin, very hard left to right wind and a massive poplar tree that hangs out over the left side of the fairway about 40 yards short. Hit a 4 iron to stay low and control it to miss tree and skip it onto green. The shot came off too perfect, just missed tree and skipped up onto the green with a little too much speed. It's DEAD just over with huge spruces with branches that rest on the ground. Luckily, my ball hit the pin and rolled about 15 feet right, but still on the green. 2 putt par.

Last edited:
#14 Par 3 , 143 yards (Morgan Creek)

Short par 3 which has a pond that covers about 85 yards and then a nice big sand trap in front of the green. Pin was placed at the front of the green, right after the trap.

Used my 8i and made a good contact. Ball hit the fringe about 4 feet past the sand trap and rolled to 1.5 ft of the cup, finished the birdie.

I had three yesterday.

-Par 3 playing about 153 I step up and hit one inside of 10'

-par 4 approach shot with about 144 in and stick my 9i to about 8 '

-par 5 I hit a bad tee shot leaving me a lot left. I pull my 3w and hit a nice draw leaving me inside of 70yards for my 3rd.

All three shots were a direct result of what Freddie has me working on & cool to see it pay off.

Played on my local course with a friend Saturday. Short 315 yard par 4 with about 70 yards of dogleg to the right. Sliced my drive and left it short under a large tree 30 yards off of the green down a fairly steep hill. Played a half swing pitching wedge on the ball, kept it under the tree branches, flew the bunker at the top of the hill, hit the mount behind the bunker and the ball bled down hill ten feet past the cup. One of the most amazing shots I've hit in a long time.

Long ish par 3 uphill 175 to the pin. Pulled a 5 irons and just pured it. ended up rolling about a footing into light fringe but still only 20 ft from the hole. Two putted for the par. Also had a great bunker shot that I got up and down from. I had no less than 4 up and downs from around the green and damn is that satisfying.

Par 4, approach shot nicked a tree branch and left me about 40 yards to the green for my 3rd over a bunker. The worst part was that I had to hit off hardpan - a stretch where a bunch of carts had driven through the rough as a short-cut to the cart path, but not an actual cart path so I couldn't take a drop. Pulled out the 56*, concentrated on staying down through the ball and put it within about six feet. The par putt was another story...

149 yd par 3, 8I to about 3 feet. Made the putt!

Hit a nice high 58 degree wedge from only 40 yards to a foot. Tap in birdie.

OMG I hate that shot !! GIve you props for pulling it off

150 yds, 8i to 6 foot pin high. Made that birdie :)

500 yard par 5 16th hole. Hit a low drive that had some good roll out leaving me 224 to a back pin. Hit a 5 iron to 15 feet for Eagle.

And the best shot ends there as I proceeded to three putt for par. Should've been an easy double break uphill putt but I hit it like Sally and I left the eagle and the birdie putt short

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100 or so out on a par 4 with a strong wind right to left. Choked down AW that drifted left with the wind just as planned 3-4 feet short of the hole and made the birdie.

Two club wind into a 130 yard par 3 to back pin. Knocked it to 4 ft and validated the birdie. Ended up winning 2 of the 4 available birdies today.

JM

5th hole, par 4, 365 yard. Straight away hole that goes slightly downhill after about 160 yards away from tee box. Finally connect with driver and send mid flight draw down the right side. We see it fly over the hill heading downhill but no bounce. Figured it was in normal range around 110-100 yds out from green. Nothing there. Send three minutes looking around then as I go to drop a ball my playing partners find it; 45 yds short of green!

Drained a 10-12 footer for birdie.

all of my good shots today were putts. after chili-dipping a pair of chips on #10 (on in 4) I drained a tough 20 footer for bogey. on #13, I sank a slippery downhill l-r 6 footer for par. on #16, putted in a 15 footer from the fringe for bogey. incredibly, my scores on #13 and #16 got me a skin for each of these holes. the rest of the guys were playing pretty badly too.

After a bad approach shot into the wind on a lomg par 4 stuck a 3/4 choked down 54* to 8" from 72yds to save par

188 to a downhill green. Fairly stiff wind into me, and I'm in the pinestraw in a cluster of trees left of the fairway. I have to hit a draw around another group of trees ahead of me.

I I hit a perfect 6i around the trees and to within 10'... Then miss the birdie putt.

Par 4, 235 yards

Used my 3H from the tee. Ended up in a fairway bunker which was about 45 yards from the green.

I chipped the ball out using my 56* and it rolled to approximately 3 feet from the cup... I putted to complete the bird

Not a great shot, but a pretty spectacular result:

9th hole par 3 directly into the sun, 130 yards with trees on the right and a green side bunker on the left. Pulled a pitching wedge and tried to get it on the front of the green.

Ended up fading the ball right towards the trees. Tried to follow it but lost it in the sun till a resounding "thunk" was heard.

Spent some time looking and couldn't find it. Eventually went over to pull the flag for another person in the group putting and saw a ball sitting in the cup. Couldn't believe it till I pulled the ball out - first hole in one off a rebound from a tree!

188 to a downhill green. Fairly stiff wind into me, and I'm in the pinestraw in a cluster of trees left of the fairway. I have to hit a draw around another group of trees ahead of me.

I I hit a perfect 6i around the trees and to within 10'... Then miss the birdie putt.

happy birthday. obviously, you weren't wishing for this when you blew out those candles. :act-up:

9th hole par 3 directly into the sun, 130 yards with trees on the right and a green side bunker on the left. Pulled a pitching wedge and tried to get it on the front of the green.

Ended up fading the ball right towards the trees. Tried to follow it but lost it in the sun till a resounding "thunk" was heard.

Spent some time looking and couldn't find it. Eventually went over to pull the flag for another person in the group putting and saw a ball sitting in the cup. Couldn't believe it till I pulled the ball out - first hole in one off a rebound from a tree!

Uhhhhhh, wow, that's just silly. Too bad you didn't get to see it! Memorable story to tell though.

The score card thankfully doesn't have a place to draw a picture on, just the number. Nice one.

informal round today on a challenging par 3 course. bounced around tees, hit a few shots from the same location, obviously didn't keep score. about 35-40 degrees colder than what I typically play in, so distance was off. my best shot was 193y into a little breeze over water that caught a little slope working away from the pin and finished about 20' away. it was a very pretty shot.

Back