Big Break: Disney [spoilers]

Am I the only one who thinks Giuliani
andrew.jpg
looks like the teenaged Opie Taylor?
unbranded-ron-howard-autograph.jpg

Gipper was also hitting a GW from 140?!!! Is it just me or does it sound like Perez is Drunk and Slurring 24/7?

Guys I want to win:

Gipper
Tony
Vince

Guys I want out ASAP:

Blake
Giuliani
KMAX

Kevin Erdman seems nice too, but I don't think he has the game. Sean Kalin (kidnap victim) also seems pretty cool.

For me, you can add Mike Perez to the "please leave ASAP" list.

Too soon to tell about J.R. (waiter).

Giuliani might be tolerable if he would just shut up (and we aren't even forced to hear 99% of it.) He has played relatively well, and he does little things like takes his hat off when he shakes an opponents hand after a match. However, in the preview for next week's show, they hinted that his mouth gets him in trouble in the next episode.

Perez was even less understandable in the second episode than the first. Like a mouthful of marbles with that guy. Very irritating.

Kevin

Sounds like Perez dabbles in the wacky tabaccy before each show.

Perez was even less understandable in the second episode than the first. Like a mouthful of marbles with that guy. Very irritating.

Kevin

I noticed that too. If he had a Southern accent, he would sound like Boomhauer.

boomhauer.jpg

If he had a conversation with Johnny Miller within earshot, I might have to exploderate my eardrums with a pointy stick.

Just saw a GC commercial for BB and J.B. Holmes will be featured on the next episode. I'm not really a Holmes fan (long putter and slow play), but it should be interesting nonetheless.

He was not pleased . . .

Wait, one of the golfing Perez brothers was angry about something?!?!?

I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you!

Here is the release Harry.

JB Holmes Joins Big Break
Big Break Disney Golf
Time: Tuesday 10 - 11 p.m.
Hosts: Vince Cellini, Stephanie Sparks
PGA Tour Professional J.B. Holmes will join the cast of Big Break Disney Golf on Tuesday's new episode at 10 p.m. ET., where he will participate in a three-part Kodak Challenge with the 10 remaining contestants in the series. They will compete in the popular Glass Break Challenge, a Beat the Pro Challenge and a Putting Challenge. The combined winner will receive $5,000 from Kodak, with the bottom three facing elimination from the series. The episode will re-air Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET.

My daughter thinks Perez was easiest to understand at the breakfast table when his mouth was full of food.

Kevin

My daughter thinks Perez was easiest to understand at the breakfast table when his mouth was full of food.

Kevin

She was right.

Thought tonight's episode was kinda boring.

It was kind of boring. I have to say that Kmax wasn't so bad overall. Rudy's kid is annoying, and I'm finding this Blake character even worse. I'm having trouble pulling for any of them to be honest. The brothers are okay, I guess.

Kevin

I feel the same way. I'm not motivated to get behind any of them. The Finau brothers are okay, and so is Vincent Johnson. But nobody stands out.

Only 6 months until the next season, which should be all women . . .

Vincent is from Portland so I'll pull for him. I'm not crazy about any of the others though. Guiliani gets on my nerves with his non-stop yapping. Too bad he's able to step up in the challenges - he'll be around for awhile.

Last edited:
Agreed, boring show. But partially because the glass breaking was so good. Normally you have one major frustration after another in that challenge.

Blake can't leave soon enough for me. If you're quick to profanity you don't have much to fall back on, IMO. I thought Lou Holtz had a great summary of that last week on his Dr. Lou segment on ESPN college football.

Blake looks like the Jimmy Connors example.

The elimination round was ruined by the trees. Big Break producers over thought the tee ground positioning. Players of this caliber are vulnerable and most interesting to watch on basic shots under all that pressure. I've noticed on version after version that when an obstacle or stupid angle is inserted in an elimination, the drama goes down, not up.

I agree that Blake and Andrew are annoying. I'm pulling for JR since he is from Omaha. He hit a nice shot on the 100 yard wedge shot to make up for getting 2 points at the glass breaking. I also like the brothers. I'm sure they've had some heated battles on the course while growing up.

As much as Andrew and his constant talking annoys me (I can only imagine what the other players have to endure), at least he is usually positive, friendly, and displays good etiquette. And he has hit the shots when he needed too. That's more than I can say for most of the other players.

Still, man is he annoying.

Andrew is certainly annoying but you can see that he is a pretty decent dude and also has some game. Blake is nowhere near ready for a move to the big time. He is easily frustrated and even easier to get into his head. He will be the next to leave if it isn't Erdman. Erdman just doesn't seem to have the game. K Max wasn't so bad. Just a dude with a dream and a dumb nickname much like myself.

For supposedly the most talented group in Big Break history, these guys bombed in PGA First Stage Q School the past two weeks.

None of the players advanced. Giuliani came the closest, missing by 2 shots after a poor final round. Andreas shot 83 and withdrew after one round. Blake was not close. Vincent had one good round then followed with 77 and 79 to miss badly. Tony opened with 71-71 then was within distance at 3 shots off the number heading into today's final round, but he collapsed with three double bogeys or worse, including an 8 and 7 on par 5s.

Those are the 5 names I saw from Big Break Disney Golf. There were several Big Breakers from previous versions who advanced to second stage, including Hugo Leon, Benoit Beisser and Brian Kontak. Hugo shot 62 in the first round.

Derek Gillespie, winner of Big Break PEI, struggled to three straight 75s and never had a chance. Haymes Snedeker, winner of Big Break Michigan along with Bernadette Luse, opened with 82 and withdrew after three rounds. But he gets the PGA exemption next week in Orlando.

Back