The Official 2009 NFL Thread

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
Wade Phillips needs to be fired right now. In the middle of the KC game. And one of those big cane hooks like from vaudeville and cartoons needs to extend from the tunnel and yank him off the sideline.

The bigger issue for you Harry, is that your QB and head coach need to be fired first.

The bigger issue for you Harry, is that your QB and head coach need to be fired first.

Edited while you were posting. I have no idea why I always call Wade Phillips "Wade Wilson."

Romo is okay. There is a complete lack of discipline that has permeated the entire team. Fix that and Romo's play will improve. In fact, Romo looks pretty good today. But the rest of the team is sloppy.

Okay, that makes sense. It could be worse... You could be a Bucs fan.

As bad as some other teams have it, JaMarcus Rusell is by FAR the worst starting QB in the NFL. Just plain AWFUL.

It probably would not hurt to take Jerry Jones with him. :D
Wade Phillips needs to be fired right now. In the middle of the KC game. And one of those big cane hooks like from vaudeville and cartoons needs to extend from the tunnel and yank him off the sideline.

KC just went right down the field on Dallas to tie it up in the last two minutes. Now throw the darn ball to Martellus Bennet.

Wow they got lucky. But I agree Wade needs to be fired. Ive never seen a more puzzled look from a coach in ANY sport. What is he thinking about? "Man I cant wait till this is over. I need a steak on Jerry's dime! I wonder whats going on this game anyway?"

On another note look at Denvers throwback uniforms. They just need to throw those away for good! Wow they are ugggggggggggggglllyyyyy!

That would be great & I don't doubt it happens soon.

Okay, that makes sense. It could be worse... You could be a Bucs fan.

Can't believe they fired Gruden for the clown they have now, what the hell was the owner thinking?

As bad as some other teams have it, JaMarcus Rusell is by FAR the worst starting QB in the NFL. Just plain AWFUL.

Why is that guy still playing? Has been horrible from day 1 & shows zero signs of improvement.

On another note look at Denvers throwback uniforms. They just need to throw those away for good! Wow they are ugggggggggggggglllyyyyy!

I for one love them! Those socks are awesome!!! I am a sucker for the jersey number being on the helmet. I also love simple design when it comes to football uniforms. I am kind of a sports uniform nerd though.

Other than a money aspect for the NFL in hopes of somehow getting sales, why do they keep going back to some of those hideous uniforms?

Why did they not go with Orange Crush throwbacks?

Can't believe they fired Gruden for the clown they have now, what the hell was the owner thinking?

THe fans were crying and the owners are trying to save every dime. This guy is terrible. He is Ronde Barber's best friend as well. Hence the reason they cut every veteran to rebuild and keep him. The guy could not cover anybody anymore.

Why did they not go with Orange Crush throwbacks

They are wearing the old AFL uniforms. The "Boston" Patriots are as well. So are the officials.

Love the Orange Crush ones! I dont mind some of the ugly ones and unique ones but those are bad!

How Jamarcus Russell got this far I'll never understand. I know why he still has a job. They gave hime a ton of garaunteed money!

Kinda funny. KC started out in Dallas so they wore the old Dallas Texans uniforms, so it was like Dallas against Dallas!

How Jamarcus Russell got this far I'll never understand. I know why he still has a job. They gave hime a ton of garaunteed money!

Bingo! That is the only reason.

Look at his numbers today- 8-13 for 100 yards. LOL thats terrible! Even Romo put up some numbers on NY.

Look at his numbers today- 8-13 for 100 yards. LOL thats terrible! Even Romo put up some numbers on NY.

Those numbers are not that bad for a quarter. Poor guy doesn't have a ton of help either. He sure showed some promise at LSU.

Those numbers are not that bad for a quarter. Poor guy doesn't have a ton of help either. He sure showed some promise at LSU.

He also had some very good receivers and all day to throw in college. Its not even the numbers that are that bad. He holds the ball too long, he has tunnel vision, and he fumbles.

He also had some very good receivers and all day to throw in college. Its not even the numbers that are that bad. He holds the ball too long, he has tunnel vision, and he fumbles.

I agree. He had a sweet set of receivers in college. He never got the polish he needed to make it in the NFL. Just one of those guys that was the best player in every league he was in so nobody coached him to do the right things. I also think he suffers from the same thing Culpepper suffered, small hands. Can't grip the ball properly. I am starting to believe you never draft a quarterback #1 overall unless his name is Manning.

I agree. He had a sweet set of receivers in college. He never got the polish he needed to make it in the NFL. Just one of those guys that was the best player in every league he was in so nobody coached him to do the right things. I also think he suffers from the same thing Culpepper suffered, small hands. Can't grip the ball properly. I am starting to believe you never draft a quarterback #1 overall unless his name is Manning.

You mean Michael Vick was not a good overall #1?
:alien:

I am starting to believe you never draft a quarterback #1 overall unless his name is Manning.

There is a huge contingent of folks that still knock Eli even though he has proven himself.

:laughing:
You mean Michael Vick was not a good overall #1?
:alien:

Now that was funny. Guess it depends on how you look at it. San Diego traded that #1 overall pick and ended up with Tomlinson and Brees. so they would say so.

Kevin™;146860 said:

Derek Anderson's numbers make those look like Hall of Fame numbers. I believe he was 2-17 for 23 yards. AND THEY WON

Singletary is going to have a stroke. They are losing by 25 and Dre Bly got an interception. He starts showboating and gets caught and fumbles. Singletary will not put up with that.

Singletary is going to have a stroke. They are losing by 25 and Dre Bly got an interception. He starts showboating and gets caught and fumbles. Singletary will not put up with that.

LOL serves him right! And youre right Singletary will not put up with that! Id hate to be him today!

Back