Tell us which course is your Home course

No home course...moved here a little over a year ago and I am playing the field until I decide. I did join a men's club that plays a different course every Saturday morning so I could establish a USGA handicap again.

Tucson and surrounds has lots of top quality courses available. I recently played the Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain Course where they held the Accenture Match Play this year.

Don't belong to any one club. but even tho this is just 30mi. away & I play there more than any.
Wellington Golf Club Wellington Ks.
http://cityofwellington.net/golfhome.html

edit to add: And you'll thought KS didn't have trees

Lincoln County Club

Lincoln County Club

I'm a member at Lincoln Country Club in Lincolnton NC. We have pretty tight lies on the narrow fairways and super small greens which helps you become a better iron player for sure.

Lincoln Country Club

My "Home Course" changes regularly, but for the last couple of seasons I've been spending a lot of time at the West Sayville Golf Course.

It's one of four county courses and I like it because it's on the water (Great South Bay) and it plays a lot like a links course especially since it's almost always windy. It plays 6715 yards (from the tips) to a par 72 and has a Rating/Slope of 72.1/127.

It's a nice setup for a muni.

-JP

Since it is only a few miles from my house I play Shiloh Springs. It is a county operated course and generally in good shape. It is not the longest course by any means but I can never get any traction there. I keep playing thinking one of these days I am going to shoot well and everytime it beats me up.....As for others, I like Dub's Dread and the 2 courses in Smithville (Outlaw and Posse) are fun places to play.

I play a couple of different places, all munis. Emerald Hill Golf and Learning Center is the city course where I keep my handicap so that is my home course.

Emerald Hill Golf Learning Center | Emerald Hills Golf Course

It's not too bad for $18 to walk 18. And I know the club house guys pretty well so sometimes I get on for the nine hole rate.

GG and I have a new home course. It is called Boca Royale.

GG and I have a new home course. It is called Boca Royale.

You're in Boca Raton now? I went there on vacation once...'was really cool.

No, its not that Boca. Other coast of FL. The golf community we live in is called Boca Royale.

Hey Smallville. I'm visiting a friend in May who lives in Shawnee Mission. Can you recommend a course in that area? I'm not familar with that area at all.

If you want a course that's pretty tough, try Sunflower Hills in Bonner Springs (tell them it's right next to the Amphitheater); regular men's tees are 6,600 yards with a 130 slope (tips are over 7,000 and men's senior tees are still about 6,050 with 123 slope). Of course, from above, Tomahawk is a decent track that's more my length and difficulty level (it's right next to Shawnee Mission Park). St. Andrews and Overland Park are a little farther south but good courses as well. There's some supposedly really nice (pricey)courses (Deer Creek, Falcon Ridge and a few others that I can't think of their names right now!) that I have never played in that area too.

Where did you end up playing mytime?

Played most of my golf at Falcon Lakes this year (http://www.falconlakesgolf.com/), so I'd say that's my home course. Also played a few times at Sunflower Hills and Shirkey.

Where did you end up playing mytime?

I never made the trip. My son was due that month and I didn't want to be out of town while he was born. (The wife might have found a new and painful place to store my clubs!)

Back