THP Radio - Mizuno Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
ITR is back this week with a show about technology and the golfer. The Mizuno Shaft Optimizer and fitting in general is the topic of the show and THP welcomes Mizuno on to discuss this amazing new technology.

On this episode:
The Mizuno Shaft Optimizer
What Does it measure
Will it help the average golfer
THP is giving away a custom set of irons
and so much more.

As always you can listen to it streaming right here as well as download it from here. The show is also available at ITunes & Podcast.com

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=9441

Great Show. I am going to go get my swing tested at my local GolfTown and get properly fit for my iron shafts. Can't afford all new irons at this time, but shafts are in the wheelhouse. Lots of good info on the shaft and how everyone is different. It is wonderful that companies like Mizuno have technology that aides golfers of all levels.

can't wait to listen to this show. in fact, i may just go home and listen at some point today.

You guys deliver again. Awesome show with a bunch of great information.

• Admin
Glad you guys liked it. it was very interesting to hear how they come up with this stuff.

This may be a silly question. But have you noticed any difference with the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer and your launch monitor? It really is interesting that something that fits on your shaft can accurately monitor all that data.

The optimizer only tells your swingspeed, and what the shaft is doing. The launch monitor tells you what the ball is doing

• Admin
This may be a silly question. But have you noticed any difference with the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer and your launch monitor? It really is interesting that something that fits on your shaft can accurately monitor all that data.

Did you listen to the show yet RB? The optimizer actually does not fit on your shaft. It is a full club that is used for testing. And we do not have one, they are not consumer devices.

I did listen, I just didn't realize it was a whole club, and from the videos on the MizunoMatch.com website, they concentrate on the device on the shaft. My bad.

I did listen, I just didn't realize it was a whole club, and from the videos on the MizunoMatch.com website, they concentrate on the device on the shaft. My bad.

No worries. I think you will find that what it does is give you the opportunity to find a shaft for your swing, in a quick, and seamless process. I went through it and as I mentioned on the show, it recommended the same shafts that I as custom fit for earlier this year.

No worries. I think you will find that what it does is give you the opportunity to find a shaft for your swing, in a quick, and seamless process. I went through it and as I mentioned on the show, it recommended the same shafts that I as custom fit for earlier this year.

Hmm, JB, would you recommend this process over other types of fittings such as carts and stuff like that? And about how much does it cost to be fitted like this?

Hmm, JB, would you recommend this process over other types of fittings such as carts and stuff like that? And about how much does it cost to be fitted like this?

Now this I am guessing you have not listened as of yet. Because that was covered in the show...hehe.
The process is 100% free. No I would not recommend it over another complete fitting, however as mentioned on the show, between this and their patented lie angle tool, they cover all bases quickly, effectively, and it is a great tool

Now this I am guessing you have not listened as of yet. Because that was covered in the show...hehe.
The process is 100% free. No I would not recommend it over another complete fitting, however as mentioned on the show, between this and their patented lie angle tool, they cover all bases quickly, effectively, and it is a great tool

lol, I am listening and posting at the same time. I didn't know, I had heard that it cost like 50 dollars but that didn't sound right. Must not have caught the free part...

But if I have time, go ahead and get a complete fitting?

lol, I am listening and posting at the same time. I didn't know, I had heard that it cost like 50 dollars but that didn't sound right. Must not have caught the free part...

But if I have time, go ahead and get a complete fitting?

Not sure, both work well. Its a comfort thing.

A very informative show!! Ties in nicely to TC's new shaft thread. Lot's of good information. Great show JB and GG!

very cool show, will certainly check out mizunomatch.com

listening to the show now, so far so good.

whoa! how cool that mizuno used consumers in their testing stages?

ok, i'm liking mizuno more and more after listening to this guy. it's obvious that through the optimizer, mizuno's all about helping golfers, and that they encourage using this device to fit for other brands.

ok, i'm liking mizuno more and more after listening to this guy. it's obvious that through the optimizer, mizuno's all about helping golfers, and that they encourage using this device to fit for other brands.

That was one of my favorite things I learned.

quite possible the most informative show yet. this gentleman certainly is passionate about what he does. i hope that so many listened to this show b/c he answered so many questions that have been asked around here lately. he's exactly right, there's no reason not to go through a fitting, there's no reason not to see if you're playing the right shaft, no matter what your skill level.

this might be the one show that i listen to more than a few times.

I thought that was the coolest part of the interview too they dont care what brand you looking for they still want you to get fit properly and then hope to sway you there way. very cool no pressure sales tatics. if I was in the market for new irons I would certainly take a very hard long look at Mizuno

it's official, i'm buying a boat load of raffle tickets.....haha!

btw, just went through a spot where GG was talking about wedges and the sound went all weird. don't know if it was my cpu or not.

mine did that too, i just put my ear to the thing lol
it's official, i'm buying a boat load of raffle tickets.....haha!

btw, just went through a spot where GG was talking about wedges and the sound went all weird. don't know if it was my cpu or not.

I'm unable to get this to play. I also can not download the MP3. Can anyone else confirm? I'm wondering if its a problem on my side for some reason.

Back