JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We all talk about the importance of getting clubs fit for us and why we should do it. My question is, how many of the readers have their clubs fit for them? I did it after amollerud fitted me and it truly amazed me how many more shots are hit dead center now. Turns out I was 1 degree up the entire time.

We all talk about the importance of getting clubs fit for us and why we should do it. My question is, how many of the readers have their clubs fit for them? I did it after amollerud fitted me and it truly amazed me how many more shots are hit dead center now. Turns out I was 1 degree up the entire time.

I'm 2 flat, normally... but after testing the nickent blades at standard I may now go to a 1 flat setting

thats next on the list, getting those bent!

In theory, the best pro at our club for fitting fit me. I have my doubts--we never got into degrees or length of the shafts. Granted, I'm about dead average height for a female, but if he checked any of it I didn't see him do it.

In theory, the best pro at our club for fitting fit me. I have my doubts--we never got into degrees or length of the shafts. Granted, I'm about dead average height for a female, but if he checked any of it I didn't see him do it.

has nothing to do with height, more with the angle of your hands and how you naturally hold the club

two people could be 6'0 and hold the club differently but still get the club on plane, just at different angles

has nothing to do with height, more with the angle of your hands and how you naturally hold the club

two people could be 6'0 and hold the club differently but still get the club on plane, just at different angles

My point exactly!

My point exactly!

One of my fitters looked me up and down yesterday, and told me I should just swing a man's club because of my height (I'm not even that tall).

I think he just
a. didn't have any ladies clubs to sell that would make him good commission
b. didn't want to deal with me.

My point exactly!

you'd know if he did... it requires a lie board (looks like a cutting board) and contact tape on the sole

where the tape is marked determines your lie angle... if it is near the toe you need to have the clubs adjusted up, towards the heel you are a flatter player

Lie Board:

lieboard.jpg

Used in conjunction with lie tape (impact tape) on the sole

iron_lie_comp.jpg

i play 1 degree flat. when i was fit, it was normal length in everything and standard grip size which was weird but convenient

you'd know if he did... it requires a lie board (looks like a cutting board) and contact tape on the sole

where the tape is marked determines your lie angle... if it is near the toe you need to have the clubs adjusted up, towards the heel you are a flatter player

Then, no.

He never sent me a thank you note for the wedding and baby presents either. Off to find a new club pro. Or just stick with my muni pro; I've never asked if he'd fit me.

Then, no.

He never sent me a thank you note for the wedding and baby presents either. Off to find a new club pro. Or just stick with my muni pro; I've never asked if he'd fit me.

lie angles are probably one of the most important elements of a fitting...

One of my fitters looked me up and down yesterday,

Need we say more??

I will be getting fitted for my new clubs. Golfsmith charges $20 to be fit for clubs so I'll probably just use them. Plus the $20 goes towards your purchase of clubs or a club. Update coming in my other thread about my new clubs.

yeah, that is a good deal then Bogey! does that include woods and irons or just one?

yeah, that is a good deal then Bogey! does that include woods and irons or just one?

I'm not sure if it's just irons or not. I figured I'd have them fit me for everything and then regardless of what I buy I'll have the proper specs. I would imagine it would be for both woods and irons.

I'm not sure if it's just irons or not. I figured I'd have them fit me for everything and then regardless of what I buy I'll have the proper specs. I would imagine it would be for both woods and irons.

typically it would, but you could be on the borderline with some specs concerning your swing speed... where you may be fit for a stiff shaft that plays lighter and has a little more action in the tip whereas you could play a regular flex in a heavier iron steel shaft

launch monitor?

typically it would, but you could be on the borderline with some specs concerning your swing speed... where you may be fit for a stiff shaft that plays lighter and has a little more action in the tip whereas you could play a regular flex in a heavier iron steel shaft

launch monitor?

I would hope they would put me on a launch monitor. They have them available so I would think they would use them but it's hard telling.

I would hope they would put me on a launch monitor. They have them available so I would think they would use them but it's hard telling.

I can't stress the benefits of a launch monitor... my local shop put me in with several shaft/ball combinations and the numbers were impressive. When I combined the V2 with a PROV1x I hit the ball 7 yards further than with a ProV/B330S but the Prov1X had some high spin rates so the B330S actually was a better fit because it showed ideal flight specs... so I gave up some distance and added some serious control. I still bounce back and forth between a Prov1x and a 330s depending on how I feel that day.

you're going to have so much fun but be patient!

you're going to have so much fun but be patient!

It's killing me. I want to buy and then play. Bad part is I can't play for another 4 months. :sad: I really hate times like these. I was always the same way with gear that I bought for fishing. Nothing like buying stuff in the middle of winter that you can't use until the summer.

It's killing me. I want to buy and then play. Bad part is I can't play for another 4 months. :sad: I really hate times like these. I was always the same way with gear that I bought for fishing. Nothing like buying stuff in the middle of winter that you can't use until the summer.

it's ok Bogey... gives me something to think about during the long winter months. I'm lucky enough to have a covered heated driving range only 3 minutes down the road so I can keep my swing loose and still try out new clubs.

I just ordered a Macgregor 460 MT 9.5 S w/ a Bassara shaft (from rockbottom) for 70 bucks... even if its not a good club it's worth the experiment. I tacked on a macgregor tour spoon 13 degree wood and umbrella for 120 bucks. I'm going to see a Taylormade 425 TP and Adams Pro Idea hybrid on ebay, I'll throw a link up on the site tonight once everything is posted.

it's ok Bogey... gives me something to think about during the long winter months. I'm lucky enough to have a covered heated driving range only 3 minutes down the road so I can keep my swing loose and still try out new clubs.

I just ordered a Macgregor 460 MT 9.5 S w/ a Bassara shaft (from rockbottom) for 70 bucks... even if its not a good club it's worth the experiment. I tacked on a macgregor tour spoon 13 degree wood and umbrella for 120 bucks. I'm going to see a Taylormade 425 TP and Adams Pro Idea hybrid on ebay, I'll throw a link up on the site tonight once everything is posted.

Let me know how those Macgregor's feel to you.

I've got an indoor dome that I can hit in. So if I get clubs anytime soon I'll be able to hit them and get use to them.

Let me know how those Macgregor's feel to you.

I've got an indoor dome that I can hit in. So if I get clubs anytime soon I'll be able to hit them and get use to them.

will get to you as soon as they arrive... hopefully they'll still be around on rockbottom... stock tends to fly out of that place

My irons are actually 2* flat right now, which puts a pretty big fade in all of my irons. I know i'm not 2* flat. I still have to get them custom fitted.

I know I'm dredging up an old thread, but I seem to have a thing against starting new ones if I don't have to. That's my outlier stat.

Anyway, I am beginning to think my irons are a little upright for me. Of course I'll get this tested before doing anything, but my question is how easy it is to bend them? I'm getting the sense that it's no big deal. Mine are less than a year old, and I'd hate to have to go buy a new set just for this.

I know I'm dredging up an old thread, but I seem to have a thing against starting new ones if I don't have to. That's my outlier stat.

Anyway, I am beginning to think my irons are a little upright for me. Of course I'll get this tested before doing anything, but my question is how easy it is to bend them? I'm getting the sense that it's no big deal. Mine are less than a year old, and I'd hate to have to go buy a new set just for this.

Very easy Claire. And not that expensive. Any reputable shop should be able to do it.

Depends on the metal they are made out of. Many cast irons are made out of harder metal than forged irons and cannot be bent a whole lot except a degree or two.

Back