Williams FW32 Irons

Ooo.. I'm drooling over the milled face! Can't wait to hear the review JB!

I have to agree these have the looks for sure. I see a little machspeed in them.

Fun fact about these irons....they were actually designed by John Hoeflich. He posted this on the THP Facebook page:

John B. Hoeflich
Yeah, the prototype has been sitting in my garage for 9 months. Best profile I ever designed!

Have fune with these :)

Fun fact about these irons....they were actually designed by John Hoeflich. He posted this on the THP Facebook page:

John B. Hoeflich
Yeah, the prototype has been sitting in my garage for 9 months. Best profile I ever designed!

That sheds some interesting light on these irons. An iconic club designer says they are the best he has ever built.

But what is more amazing is that he is not affiliated with the company in any way whatsoever.

I love the look of these irons. I will be eager to read the review.

That sheds some interesting light on these irons. An iconic club designer says they are the best he has ever built.

But what is more amazing is that he is not affiliated with the company in any way whatsoever.

Maybe Ive just been up too long but Im kind of confused by this. He designed them and says the best hes ever built but doesnt work for the company? Did they steal them? lol Or was it something like he was a consultant for them?

Maybe Ive just been up too long but Im kind of confused by this. He designed them and says the best hes ever built but doesnt work for the company? Did they steal them? lol Or was it something like he was a consultant for them?

Good question. I am wondering the same thing. Maybe the company bought the design off of him.

Please tell me that they are going to be at the outing. Fingers crossed.

Good question. I am wondering the same thing. Maybe the company bought the design off of him.

+1 on that!!

I cannot get into a ton of details but I will say it like this. It appears that the Williams Players Series clubs would have been the latest line launched from Nickent this Spring. They were JBH designed.

The driver was to be the 5DX driver shown here in early stages. The irons were to be the 5DX Cavity Back irons, and the hybrids (not shown yet, but coming today) would have been the 6DX or something to that sort.

The company folded and JBH went on his own way and the previous owner and some staff left and formed Williams Sports Golf division partnering up with the incredible F1 racing team. Being that they "sort of" owned the designs, they launched this line.

I cannot get into a ton of details but I will say it like this. It appears that the Williams Players Series clubs would have been the latest line launched from Nickent this Spring. They were JBH designed.

The driver was to be the 5DX driver shown here in early stages. The irons were to be the 5DX Cavity Back irons, and the hybrids (not shown yet, but coming today) would have been the 6DX or something to that sort.

The company folded and JBH went on his own way and the previous owner and some staff left and formed Williams Sports Golf division partnering up with the incredible F1 racing team. Being that they "sort of" owned the designs, they launched this line.

Thanks for the info. That is incredibly interesting. I am going to have to seriously look into Williams when it comes time to upgrade my stuff.

Thanks for the info. That is incredibly interesting. I am going to have to seriously look into Williams when it comes time to upgrade my stuff.

Yeah, very interesting. Again, I hope we can hit these come demo day.

Absolutely beautiful irons. I never heard of the Williams brand until just a few minutes ago. With a pricetag of $1499.95 (Gold Series at $2999.95)and no left-handed available, I can now see why I've never seen these in any stores.

Looking around a little bit on this company's website; love the look of the Black Series too:
http://www.williams-sports.com/site/pr_qiron_bd_series.shtml

Absolutely beautiful irons. I never heard of the Williams brand until just a few minutes ago. With a pricetag of $1499.95 (Gold Series at $2999.95)and no left-handed available, I can now see why I've never seen these in any stores.

You have not seen them in stores yet, because they are not really in stores yet. The brand was launched in January and started in Asia first. The items will start hitting stores with US distribution very soon.

You can see the official launch of the clubs in our PGA Show Section of the forum.

I have to say I LOVE the blue color scheme, really sharp looking. Are there any other irons with a blue color scheme to them? I cant think of any.

I have to say I LOVE the blue color scheme, really sharp looking. Are there any other irons with a blue color scheme to them? I cant think of any.

X-22s, MX-200s

Spent some time on the range with these today and gotta tell ya, this is a strong performer for me. In fact everybody that tried it had the same exact thoughts. It has everything going for it. Very happy so far. Further testing is obviously required, but they have a contender on their hands.

I have to say that these are best looking irons and hybrids I beleive I've every seen. Simply stunning.

Back