Top 10 Duramed Futures Tour (earn 2010 LPGA Tour cards)

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
2010LPGACardWinners.jpg

You may remember that Jean Reynolds had a spectacular run at this year's U.S. Women's Open. Mina Harigae is (yet another) Duke standout.

Congrats ladies!

I take it Tiffany Joh is still looking for the liquor store?

Kevin

Tiff only turned pro this past spring, so she only played a few of the summer DFT events. Not near enough to get in the top 10 money list. She finished T4 at the Florida Q-School sectional, so she will be teeing it up in December in Daytona Beach for her Tour card.

Tiff only turned pro this past spring, so she only played a few of the summer DFT events. Not near enough to get in the top 10 money list. She finished T4 at the Florida Q-School sectional, so she will be teeing it up in December in Daytona Beach for her Tour card.

That's cool. She is cute, and the personality she shows in your other thread would be a great addition to the LPGA.

Kevin

There's a huge gap between 1-5 and 6-10 in terms of how many LPGA events they'll play, based on priority status.

In fact, I'll be interested to see if the new commissioner Whan makes any tweaks to the priority status categories. It's almost an unfair tease to those Duramed 6-10 women, handed an LPGA card but only a handful of opportunities to use it.

BTW, it was a clutch win by Song Yi Choi in the final Duramed event in September. Last season she was bumped down to the low priority 6th spot in the final event in Albany. This year it was just the opposite, needing a win to gain 5th place, moving up from 11th, and she managed it by 1 shot.

There's a huge gap between 1-5 and 6-10 in terms of how many LPGA events they'll play, based on priority status.

In fact, I'll be interested to see if the new commissioner Whan makes any tweaks to the priority status categories. It's almost an unfair tease to those Duramed 6-10 women, handed an LPGA card but only a handful of opportunities to use it.

Totally agree. Either give privileges or be honest and send them to Q-School. Personally, I think DFT/Nationwide tours are a better indicator of success on the big tours than Q-school. I'm sure someone has done a study and could confirm/dispute that though.

Totally agree. Either give privileges or be honest and send them to Q-School. Personally, I think DFT/Nationwide tours are a better indicator of success on the big tours than Q-school. I'm sure someone has done a study and could confirm/dispute that though.

I agree also. I would rather they give more spots to Duramed/Nationwide players than Q-school grads.

A very close friend of mine is in Florida this week playing in this. If any of you guys are in the area, look our for her and give a little support please, she's a long way from home! Her name's Tilly McGill and believe it or not she's only been play 5 seasons but has a great talent. Tell her Kate said Hi.:wavey:

A very close friend of mine is in Florida this week playing in this. If any of you guys are in the area, look our for her and give a little support please, she's a long way from home! Her name's Tilly McGill and believe it or not she's only been play 5 seasons but has a great talent. Tell her Kate said Hi.:wavey:

Here is a link to the scoring:

Duramed FUTURES Tour 2010 Qualifying Tournament

Tilly shot 78 today. Not out of contention, with four rounds prior to the cut. I'll root for her. :smile:

BTW, it will be interesting to see how Duramed #1 Mina Harigae fares on the LPGA, because she's known to be very temperamental and foul mouthed when she's not playing well. I've seen posts along those lines on site after site for years, some insiders saying her language is the worst they've ever heard, after a poor hole or series of bad shots.

Last edited:
BTW, it will be interesting to see how Duramed #1 Mina Harigae fairs on the LPGA, because she's known to be very temperamental and foul mouthed when she's not playing well. I've seen posts along those lines on site after site for years, some insiders saying her language is the worst they've ever heard, after a poor hole or series of bad shots.

Her and Christie Kerr need a 45 second delay then.

Her and Christie Kerr need a 45 second delay then.

:laughing: actually had water go up the nose on that....nice JB!

Here is a link to the scoring:

Duramed FUTURES Tour 2010 Qualifying Tournament

Tilly shot 78 today. Not out of contention, with four rounds prior to the cut. I'll root for her. :smile:

Thanks for that. I just spoke to her on Facebook and she had a mare with the driver today. Poor thing. Hopefully she'll pull the game back tomorrow. I feel for her, it's so nerve wrecking playing in these big comps, especially as an amateur thousands of miles away from home.

She still enjoyed it though.

Really felt for the poor girl who shot 126!!!!!:at-wits-end:

I didn't know Tiffany Joh was going to do the DFT Q-School too! I guess that's smart for a back up plan even though she did really well in the 1st stage of LPGA Q-School. And she's in first!

Back