THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I'm looking forward to putting faces and names to screen names.

I've never played in an official THP event, but I'm looking forward to meeting some new folks in person and playing an awesome course (should I get the nod).

For those that have been to a THP event, what is your favorite part? For those that haven't what are you most looking forward to if your name is called in just over a week or so?

Having played in a few events I would say meeting people you have talked with over the forum in person and seeing old friends again.

For those that have been to a THP event, what is your favorite part? For those that haven't what are you most looking forward to if your name is called in just over a week or so?

This is a great question and it changes as time passes. Initially it was meeting the greatest minds in golf and seeing the new technology (Wilson Staffproto). As time has gone on, the best thing has been the people and relationships here. I met amazing people at the event and continue to banter with many of them here still. Also, the event got my name noticed a bit more so the community "got to know" me more. Other events have let me "get to know" other people too. It's really interesting how I think I have some idea about some people I have never met but still have respect and admiration for none the less.

The whole experience is a bit surreal to be around other people who have an intense passion for this game, regardless of skill, and come together to live golf as best we can. To the first timers, soak it in and just enjoy. Play your game, slice a few, smile and have fun. Go DMV.

I'm looking forward to putting faces and names to screen names.

profilepic20804_3.gif

There, done and done (my screen name is my name)

Meeting all the guys and the competition. I love going out and trying to play my best if front of other THP'rs

Man don't let it be random, you should make them post pics that look like mug shots and pick the thugs lol. Victory by intimidation

My picture looks like a mug shot but I'm already in!

Not sure how to describe what I'm feeling about the capts picks but it's probably anxious combined with excited. I have been working on my game as much as possible during the winter months ams looking forward to getting on the course this weekend to see how if has held up without having hit many balls. if the nod comes I will be ready

Not sure how to describe what I'm feeling about the capts picks but it's probably anxious combined with excited. I have been working on my game as much as possible during the winter months ams looking forward to getting on the course this weekend to see how if has held up without having hit many balls. if the nod comes I will be ready

I know what you mean, usually I can play almost year round but this winter has been tough. I've been to the range a few times and got in a couple of 9's after work the last 2 weeks, little rusty but it's coming around.

I'm looking to get the rust off the weekend. Going to practice the short game tomorrow and then play a round on Sunday.

I'm busting out in three hours to fit nine in before I need to pick the kiddo up from daycare. Will be nice to get out and walk a few holes for a change. Still soggy in places, but should be alright.

Got the wife to agree to let me play tomorrow. Time to put all the short game work to the test. Just looking to see visual improvement.

I'm finally playing this weekend - Sunday in Wyncote in Pa. Not exactly the easiest course if you are rusty and haven't played in a month! Trying to hit the range tomorrow if time allows. Really hoping all the DMVers can get a round in together soon!

Got the wife to agree to let me play tomorrow. Time to put all the short game work to the test. Just looking to see visual improvement.

Haha nice I got the ok for Sunday AM! So pumped... Get that game in shape dude

I think this was asked before but now that we have team members, are you going to change your bag at all? If so what are you going to add/delete club wise?

I think this was asked before but now that we have team members, are you going to change your bag at all? If so what are you going to add/delete club wise?

I'll make some changes. Most likely wedges and a Fairway wood. I've got plenty of options everywhere else. Driver is good for now.

If I'm selected, I think my bag is pretty much set. Like T2GRN18, I'll tinker with fairway's and wedges, but everything else is staying put. I'm settling on a shaft for the driver now, and the winner will be selected in the next couple of weeks. If I change wedges it'll just be to upgrade from the W/S FG Tour TC's to the W/S PMP wedges. Then it's just to decide if I go 4W/FY or 4W/7W. I just have to check the gapping that occurs with the 7W and the 4H.

It'll all happen regardless of selection, but selection may make me move up the time frame to accomplish them so I have as much time pre-RR with them as possible.

I will probably add another wedge to the bag and drop the long iron. Cause of course those are the scoring clubs! You need to be scoring from "125 & in" and I plan on "owning" it come RR time.

Number 1 hopefully I make the team. But even so, I don't see my bag changing much. I've been pondering an Apex hybrid lately tho....

Looking to revamp the irons and then possibly new wedges. Still out on the driver...

After the weekend we'll have roughly a week till we see full teams. Probably will sit down and go through the list, or maybe I'll just say screw it and do the Random Number generator deal.

Ask everyone for their playing resumes. Although personalities are probably more important than skill. You have a tough task ahead. Enjoy it.

I never change clubs

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
That's cause your too good! You play with what works right. LOL

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

there will be changes to the bag between now and the event and most should be made with time for me to make any adjustments. I have several iron ponders and the top of my bag is always changing

If I'm selected, I think my bag is pretty much set. Like T2GRN18, I'll tinker with fairway's and wedges, but everything else is staying put. I'm settling on a shaft for the driver now, and the winner will be selected in the next couple of weeks. If I change wedges it'll just be to upgrade from the W/S FG Tour TC's to the W/S PMP wedges. Then it's just to decide if I go 4W/FY or 4W/7W. I just have to check the gapping that occurs with the 7W and the 4H.

It'll all happen regardless of selection, but selection may make me move up the time frame to accomplish them so I have as much time pre-RR with them as possible.

I feel the same way. I am in the process of rebuilding my entire bag, just starting in fact. I was going to take it slowly piece by piece, but if selected I would double down and build it quicker. Equipment is so similar now that the transition periods don't take as long. Dialing wedges ALWAYS takes the longest IMHO. I'm sure many of us rented clubs on vacation and played a really good round with them even though they were completely different from their gamers. I love new clubs, but don't change often. 4 or 5 year cycle for me. Good luck.

Sorry, quote should have just highlighted the wedge change.

I'll probably leave my bag alone. Everything is less then a year old. The only thing I may do is drop my 3H for a heavenwood.

Last edited:
Back