Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE

TITLEIST INTRODUCES NEW VOKEY DESIGN WEDGEWORKS EXCLUSIVES
Customizable Wedges Available in Five Lofts, Two New Finishes

Fairhaven, MA (July 1, 2010) - Building upon the proven product and performance success that has made Vokey Design Spin Milled Wedges the most played at every level of competitive golf, Titleist introduces its new WedgeWorks Exclusives line. WedgeWorks is a high performance custom shop where Master Craftsman Bob Vokey and his team of artisans design and build wedges for everyone from PGA TOUR players to avid wedge enthusiasts. Each personalized creation is one-of-a-kind, custom-engraved, hand-stamped and built at WedgeWorks in Carlsbad, Calif.

The new WedgeWorks Exclusives line features the tournament proven Vokey Tour Van Design (TVD) sole and pre-2010 Spin Milled grooves. Condition of Competition (C-C) wedges will be available in the WedgeWorks Exclusives line beginning in September. Two distinctive new finishes – Bright Brushed Chrome and Oil Can Zero – were created specifically for WedgeWorks Exclusives. Every WedgeWorks Exclusives club is custom and personalized – from length, lie and loft, to toe engraving, paintfill, grips, shafts and shaftbands.

“WedgeWorks is a life-long dream come true,” said Vokey. “Wedges are personal. The Exclusives line allows avid Vokey enthusiasts an opportunity make the wedges their own.”
The Vokey TVD features a crescent shaped sole and moderate camber. This allows the wedge to easily pivot around its center for versatility and shot making. Due to its moderate effective bounce, the TVD is a great all around wedge for a variety of playing conditions. Vokey TVD wedges are also the only wedges in the Vokey Design lineup that feature a Tour grind in lower lofts, beginning at 52 degrees and increasing to 60 degrees in two degree increments. A great wedge also deserves a great shaft, which is why WedgeWorks Exclusives will feature a high performance shaft matrix, including True Temper’s Dynamic Gold, Tour Issue and Project X, as well as the KBS Tour in steel and black nickel. Shafts can be labeled with specifically designed WedgeWorks shaft bands.
The personalization options available on WedgeWorks Exclusives are virtually endless. Three different hand-stamp styles (straight, freestyle, snow) in up to eight letters and/or numbers; 20 different paintfill colors; and 40 different toe engraving combinations from which to choose. Finally, WedgeWorks Exclusives will offer BV grips in a variety of textures and colors to match the player’s look and feel preferences. Among the grips available are the New Decade Multi-Compound and full cord Golf Pride Tour Velvet, as well as ribbed and .600 diameter options. BV Custom grips are available only through WedgeWorks.

“Bob Vokey built his reputation on providing golfers the best short game tools in the world to help them achieve the lowest scores,” said Steve Pelisek, General Manager, Titleist Golf Clubs. “The new WedgeWorks Exclusives provide golfers a Tour-inspired and Tour-validated Vokey TVD Spin Milled wedge with all of the custom options usually reserved for the best players in the world.”

Availability and Price
The new WedgeWorks Exclusives will be available through www.Vokey.com beginning July 15. Condition of Competition models will be available in the Fall. The base retail price before personalization for all models is $150.

920775679_FPatb-L.jpg

920775675_FDEVJ-L.jpg

920775659_N8m4W-L.jpg

920775655_iv4Rc-L.jpg

920775653_Wt3nz-L.jpg

Last edited:
Thats cool, but I am looking at their current wedge works options, and they are like 300 dollars. Does this include customization? Also, do you know where I can find picks of the new finishes?

Pics will be available on Vokey.com

That's pretty neat :)

I've gotta say that those are some purdy heads.

First taking the ball fitting idea from Bridgestone and now taking the custom wedge idea from Scratch.

Let's not forget about the golf ball patents from Callaway.

And let's add jumping on the adjustable driver coming up later this year.

Titleist makes great products, but where are your own innovative ideas?

First taking the ball fitting idea from Bridgestone and now taking the custom wedge idea from Scratch.

kudos to you for saying exactly what i've been thinking for a while now!!! inferior products/services, but a huge wallet, that is all i view them as.

I about had my heart set on CG15's and now these come out. Decisions....

I've never liked any Titleist woods but I do think they make great irons and wedges.

And even thought I've switched to the Penta, the ProV has been the ball to beat for years, so they're not all bad. My 2c.

Those are beautiful pieces of craftsmanship! I've always been a big fan of vokeys. Best wedges IMHO.

Those sure are sexy! But I will pass because I have 3 Vokey wedges sitting in my closet at home! I guess I could sell them

Beautiful looking club. but man, Starting at $150?!? :bad: I think Ill be sticking wiht my CG14s for a while.

Oh man... Those are stunning. Are they any different performance wise than the current line? Or are you just paying for customization optionsZ? Because to be honest, I would just leave them like that... Absolutely gorgeous...

no fan of Titleist but those are good looking heads for sure

they look nice, but darn that's a lot of money

I'm not sure it's worth almost double the price for some customization

Did you forget that they were the first company to make the new style of 'premium' ball that everyone has copied?

Most everything in a sales business that is successful is copied from somewhere.

Did you forget that they were the first company to make the new style of 'premium' ball that everyone has copied?

Wasn't that actually Nike?

Now wait a minute, there was a time when Titleist's 975 D driver was hands down the best driver on the tour.....Wait that was 10 years ago.....yeah what's up with titleist? haha I feel it's tough now a days to be original with technology.
For example look at Adams Golf. With limitations on the COR for Drivers, companies have been forced to look for technology in different ways. Now they're marketing the whole lighter, faster, and more aerodynamic driver. (PS TaylorMade and a few other companies have gone this route too, just using Adams as an example) Remember that Post a couple days ago on Golf's Greatest feuds? Go back and look at the first picture in the photo gallery. Here's a link to refresh your memory:
http://www.golf.com/golf/gallery/article/0,28242,1999935,00.html
Look at Palmer's Driver, what's that notch? That there is Hogan Golf's Speed Slot Driver. Yup, if I could find a promo ad for that driver I bet it would sound a lot like Adam's, or Taylormade's. Anyways, time to get to a point: I feel that major breakthrus in golf technology are far and few between. (New Metals, Graphite Shats, perimeter weighting....) The best thing a golf company can do is provide consistent quality equipment, good customer service, and keep one eye towards the future. Look at it this way, Titleist isn't forcing us to buy the "new tech" and then telling us 5 months from now that it's obsolete. Actually they do do that just as much as any other company, but atleast I can count how many driver's they sell with one hand. (I'm looking at you Taylormade haha)

Now if only they could make a pro-v1 that doesn't scuff up with my new CG15..............

Edit: Sorry I forgot the subject title of this thread. The wedges look Great!!! If I got a custom job I wouldn't even want to hit it. (I almost didn't want to use my new CG15 the new oil quench is a color that no picture does justice.)

Most everything in a sales business that is successful is copied from somewhere.

I thought the top flite strata was the first high spin solid core ball?

Vokey wedges are impressive and those are spectacular looking! Lots of Titleist haters! Im surprised, Im not loyal to 1 brand but I do play a 909D Comp driver and a 909F2 3 wood and when I do my part they fit my swing much better than my 09 Launcher 3 wood and my 07 TM Burner Driver. Im not sayin those were junk my point is just because something may not work for you doesnt mean it sucks. I may have to buy 1 or 2 of those new wedges to keep as family heirlooms lol.

Vokey wedges are impressive and those are spectacular looking! Lots of Titleist haters! Im surprised, Im not loyal to 1 brand but I do play a 909D Comp driver and a 909F2 3 wood and when I do my part they fit my swing much better than my 09 Launcher 3 wood and my 07 TM Burner Driver. Im not sayin those were junk my point is just because something may not work for you doesnt mean it sucks. I may have to buy 1 or 2 of those new wedges to keep as family heirlooms lol.

i'm not a hater at all, i use to game the 975j driver & vokey wedges. personally, i just feel that there's better stuff out there and it happens to not be titleist.

i'm not a hater at all, i use to game the 975j driver & vokey wedges. personally, i just feel that there's better stuff out there and it happens to not be titleist.

Played them for years. Up until I got to hit other brands side by side. They did not suit me as well. I think they fared decently in our wedge shoot out last year.

I am not sure that trying to duplicate the SC thing with wedges makes much sense and the heart of it that is what it appears Titliest is trying to do. Myself even if I could afford it I just don't see myself sporting two or three custom wedges.

While there are favorite wedges there is no magical wedge out there that will mitigate poor wedge play. I get owning a "special" putter as that is a club you are going to use on every hole without fail unless you Ace it off the tee or knock it in from the fairway. While there are occations when a wedge shot can be delicate with a certain amount of feel that is much more often the case with the putter. Besides, the putter is the club that you are going to administer the coup de grace with right, ala’ Che Che Rodreguez. The putter is the “money” club. So, having a special feeling about a particular putter makes some sense to me. I think the first time I flubbed up my wedge shot with one of those things (a very likely occurrence in my case) I am going to feel kinda' foolish. Pitching Wedge shots from around the green that don’t pan out are already one of the uglier shots in golf……set up…..few practice strokes……hit the ball……ball lands two feet away and sits there in that tall stuff mocking you. Now the ball will get to sit there and mock you AND you special gosh darned wedge.

Back