The Movie Review Thread

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
Hitman - sucked.

Bee Movie - amazing animation and pretty interesting story, but it bugged me for some reason.

Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - meh. Aside from the uninspired story, Indy had trouble getting in and out of chairs. It was painful to watch Harrison Ford try to move.

Not been to the theater much???
Just kidding.

Bee Movie - amazing animation and pretty interesting story, but it bugged me for some reason.

Oh come on, do you have to bee so corny?

(Oh God, I'm so sorry, I'm ashamed for myself. :shut-mouth:)

Its Caddyshack....And of course the stuff he doesnt want to mention here...:embarrassed::bulgy-eyes:

The only thing I can say in support of Crystal Skull is that everyone was pretty good natured about how dopey it was.

Toy Story 2 is a surprisingly good movie.

For years, I didn't see anything unless it was made by Pixar or featured animated green ogres. We have now graduated to action movies with lots of bathroom humor (Get Smart, for instance). I can't say it's much of an improvement.

Untraceable

Untraceable

on cable.

meh.

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Okay, somehow I managed to miss this in theaters. Just never got around to seeing it. So I rented the DVD this week.

I never read comics, and superhero movies are just another action flick to me. But . . .

Damn.

Heath Ledger was amazing. I mean, I couldn't even recognize the guy. And I'm not talking about the make-up either. I sat there during his scenes and tried to picture Ledger acting as the joker, and I couldn't. It was just a different entity in those scenes.

Ledger was so good, I think some of the social commentary about terrorism and how we choose to fight it got overshadowed. Not because the commentary wasn't good (it was), but just because Ledger was so good. 100% believable as a guy who puts on make-up and does things just because he "just wants to see the world burn."

Spoiler
I was particularly impressed with the scenes where the joker clearly wanted to be killed. He dared people to kill him. He begged people to kill him. He didn't care about life at all, not even his own. In fact, mostly not his own. And it was subtle, but believable. When he did things that kept him from dying, it wasn't because he wanted to live, but because he there was just something else evil that he wanted to do.

Harry: I found hitman really good. A really creepy erie character but at the same time, not completely psychotic. Great storyline as well.

Dark Knight: Do I even have to describe how good it is?

Harry: I found hitman really good. A really creepy erie character but at the same time, not completely psychotic. Great storyline as well.

I really didn't care for Hitman.

And no, you don't. It was a very good film.

Did anyone else think that Maggie Gyllenhaal was significantly less attractive than ever before? I'll still take her over Katie Holmes, who couldn't act her way out of a box . . . or a closet . . .

Hancock- no big deal if i missed that one. unfortunately, i didn't.

man, $7 to rent that?

Hancock- no big deal if i missed that one. unfortunately, i didn't.

Thanks NVM. I was wondering about it because it got mixed reviews. I'll just wait for it to hit cable.

"I Know Who Killed Me"

"I Know Who Killed Me"

. . . and it was the makers of this film.

(I couldn't sleep last night and it was a choice between bad movies I had seen or this movie that had gotten bad reviews. I should have gone with option C: hit skid row and try to score some black market Ambien . . . or a noose.)

Eagle Eye was a great movie as well, from the previews, I couldn't see Shia Labeouf (sp?) acting in an action movie, and the storyline was a "Phone Booth" type movie that Collin Farrel was in. So I thought it would be really boring.

Although it was alot more spread out and the storyline once the movie went on was amazing. I'd give it a 8.5/10.

I went and saw The Dark Knight for the first time last night... it was an amazing movie AND I saw it in iMax!!!!!

the screen is 85ft tall.... serious action

Dragging this one back up.

I watched "Righteous Kill" Al Pacino and Rober De Niro....excellent and

"We Own the Night" was also pretty good

Oscars so far...

Slumdog Millionaire - fantastic, but very poorly advertised. Different than what you think you're seeing but surprisingly great. The marketers missed the...um...mark.

The Reader - do yourselves a favor and skip it. Just terrible. Nice little ending there in all the muck...maybe I'll read the book.

Benjamin Button - both artistically excellent and plenty mass crowd appeal. Recommended by an senior gentleman friend I golfed with, so I know it spans audiences. The best of the lot. :smile:

Milk - seeing it soon...

Frost/Nixon - zero interest in seeing it. Acting angry JUST IS NOT hard to do.

Back