SethO

IXOYE
Reaction score
This is a video taken of my driver swing. I know I take the Club back way too far (I never knew I was taking it back that far until I watched this video). Help would be appreciated. This is about a typical 80-85 percent driver swing.

Setho we have some real low body stability issues. With that move you can miss both ways. IF you watch both videos from the back I want you to watch your legs. You can see your right leg locking out and your left leg crashing in. From the front view Watch the last bit when you went in slow motion. Notice how the right leg locks and kicks your hips to the target. This is why you get stuck on your right side at the end of the swing.

This will sound wierd but the drill I want you to work on is this. I want you to place a club between your legs and brace it off on a door frame or the back of your couch. Place the head of the club behind your right leg (knee) and the shaft of the club over your left leg. Now turn to the top. This should feel very different. Work on this and let me know how things are going.

Wow, that is an awesome drill. The feel of my back swing is completely different. Thanks amollerud.

Back