Want to Test Gloves?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A few months back we got a ton of requests to review golf gloves and find out if there is a difference out there between them, and we contacted just about every manufacturer out there and most were thrilled with the opportunity to have their gloves tested out. We have tons of gloves from many different companies, but we do not want to just stop there.

As many of you know, our reviews almost always include multiple testers that are regular consumers just like you trying out clubs, balls, and everything else. We believe it is an important part of the review process rather than just dictating what someone should try or painting a picture of one person's journey into finding the right equipment. Different consumers will have different thoughts of course with many pieces of golf equipment.

So THP decided to use our forum for the testing and ask if forum members would like to be part of the review process.

How it works
If you would like to be a part of the testing, you will respond in this thread. We also ask that you include certain information.

1. Brand you normally Play
2. RH or LH
3. Size you normally wear
4. Why you wear a glove
5. How often you play
6. What is lacking from current glove

From there we will pick some reviewers to try the new gloves out and will send a small sampling of gloves to them for review. If selected, you will be reviewing the gloves in the forum. We have both mens and womens and multiple sizes available. However, we cannot choose everybody. If you are not chosen, please remember, more testing is just around the corner.

Reviews
We will have a master thread once we start shipping where reviewers will be asked to post photos, reviews, and followups. You will be asked to stay on top of things in that thread and answer any questions that other readers/members have about your reviews and thoughts.

Rules
There really are not any rules other than you must be an active forum member here and be willing to put in the time it takes to review multiple gloves for multiple rounds of golf to test on:
Looks
Feel
Comfort
Durability
And more

Glove Brands

928704757_iHfRX-M-1.jpg

Srixon
928700433_dTQnd-M-1.jpg

928700537_RCxXQ-M-1.jpg

FootJoy
928700507_sJeib-M-1.jpg

928700467_nq4nM-M-1.jpg

Bridgestone
928700563_dJb3L-M-1.jpg

Wilson
928700629_bF6K9-M-1.jpg

928700662_Keneh-M-1.jpg

Mizuno
928700706_KD2kF-M-1.jpg

928700728_R7S6R-M-1.jpg

Taylormade
928700758_pgTQE-M-1.jpg

928700809_FrrqE-M-1.jpg

adidas Golf
928700888_FG7tz-M-1.jpg

Callaway
928700953_xJwdc-M-1.jpg

928700848_3zHVd-M-1.jpg

GloveIt
928700605_nzpXX-M-1.jpg

Bionic
928700917_Coi3y-M-1.jpg

928700990_5AJ4Y-M-1.jpg

Pow
928753310_DFfhC-M.jpg

928753344_zyQxD-M.jpg

JB, i'd love to test a glove! it's something i typically shy away from due to the fact that there just aren't many options.

1. Brand you normally Play (don't play one)
2. RH or LH (i'm left handed but glove would be for the right hand)
3. Size you normally wear (i've found in the past that XL is a bit too tight, so i'd prefer an XXL if possible or an XL if you know it runs a bit bigger)
4. Why you wear a glove (i don't)
5. How often you play (once a week)
6. What is lacking from current glove (the actual glove)

I would love to.

1. FootJoy - Either WeatherSof or SciFlex
2. RH - so would wear a glove on my LH
3. Large
4. To secure a solid grip without using too much pressure.
5. 1-2x a week
6. They make my hand sweat like crazy!

Thanks for the opportunity!

Have to opt out of consideration for this, no golf for me for a while.

Last edited:
count me in as well, been waiting on this one. and held off on buying a new one(found an old one laying around) so i could see the reviews on some of these.

1. use a taylormade(idk about brand.got it from wally world), love to test out the targa
2. i need a LH glove (im right handed)
3. medium
4. grip, comfort, and so dont get blisters on the hand
5. once a week maybe more sometimes. alot of range though.
6. feel, and comfort

thank you THP

I would love to help out and test a glove. I normally wear Nike Elite Feel but lately i have also started wearing a Bridgestone glove. I am right handed so a left hand glove in XL. I wear a glove because i think it helps with the humidity that we can have plus the heat and subsequent sweat that we get here. I play about once a week but am on the range a couple of times a week normally. There is not really anything lacking in the gloves i currently wear but I am always willing to try out new stuff and see if I find something better.

I would love to test one out. I am finding that I am getting a wee bit specific about my gloves. I am still not a good golfer, but I have been wearing a glove for swinging sports all my life.

1. Brand you normally Play (TM Targa Tour)
2. RH or LH (LH glove)
3. Size you normally wear (M)
4. Why you wear a glove (predominately so my left hand won't slip and it gives me more confidence and I have always worn gloves in my swinging sports)
5. How often you play (5 days a week at least)
6. What is lacking from current glove (I am happy with my current glove)

I'm game.

1. Nike Dri-Fit Tour
2. LH Glove
3. ML
4. My hand gets really sore from the grip rubbing against my hand.
5. Once a week. Twice if I'm really lucky. Usually 9 holes a round.
6. To be honest, I can't really think of anything.

Last edited:
Id love to test a glove

1. Brand you normally Play (footjoy stasof, and the supersoft titleist one)
2. Left hand glove
3. Size you normally wear ML
4. Why you wear a glove (all of my pressure is in my left hand, helps with grip, and because i have cord grips)
5. How often you play (3 times, practice almost everyday)
6. What is lacking from current glove (durability, sweat resistance)

You bet I'd love to help test gloves!

1. FootJoy Men's SofJoy or SciFlex
2. LH
3. Cadet L (SciFlex), Cadet XL (SofJoy), Reg. Men's S (both)
4. So my left hand won't slip, prevent blisters on my left hand, always worn one
5. 3 - 6X a week, depending on work schedule (including range work)
6. I'm pretty happy with my current gloves, only thing I'm a bit unhappy with gloves in general is for a woman with tiny fingers but wide hand, no glove fits me perfect, especially in the thumb length.

I'd like to test out some gloves. Here's the info requested:

How it works
If you would like to be a part of the testing, you will respond in this thread. We also ask that you include certain information.

1. Brand you normally Play - FootJoy or Callaway
2. RH or LH - I wear the glove on my LH
3. Size you normally wear -L or XL Cadet
4. Why you wear a glove - Without a glove, I do not feel that I can swing with any effort. I need the glove to hold onto the club.
5. How often you play - couple of times a month plus a little practice
6. What is lacking from current glove - I am looking for a glove that provides feedback and durability. Normally I can get one or the other, not both.

Thanks!

I'd be thrilled to.

1. Brand you normally Play - Callaway
2. RH or LH - right-handed, so left hand glove. ;)
3. Size you normally wear - regular L-XL
4. Why you wear a glove - palms get sweaty and club slips on impact.
5. How often you play - once every week to week and a half.
6. What is lacking from current glove - It's not very high quality, and kind of feels like neoprene in that it's stretchy...it's got pretty great grip, though, and it was cheap for a 2 pack.

I would love to try a glove, I typically go for the all white look, I like a plain looking golf glove....looks are not what matters, just looking for performance.

1. Footjoy Weather Soft 99% of the time, I just bought a Nike to try it out, it was a Nike Tech Extreme, had a mesh back so it actually aired out pretty well.
2. For my LH, I am RH
3. XL, my last FJ was a large, it was just a wee bit too tight.
4. To keep the club from moving around and also keep from blisters
5. 1-2 times a week...4 in the past week...hahaha
6. It gets moist, I find myslef attaching it to the cart in between shots so the air will dry it out while I drive to my next shot.

I'd love a shot at reviewing if possible!

1. I normally play Callaway
2. LH
3. L
4. Its a feel thing for me, and keeps me from strangling the club.
5. 2 times a week
6. Durability, proper sizing, DURABILITY!

Thanks THP! My fingers are crossed!

Last edited:
It would be a pleasure to review some gloves!!!!!!!!!!!!! Appreciate the opportunity.

1. Brand you normally Play: Nike Durasoft/Under Armor
2. RH or LH : LH (Im a right handed golfer, hope this is right lol)
3. Size you normally wear M/L
4. Why you wear a glove: Keeps the blisters away and feel on the club
5. How often you play: I play 18 1-2x a week and practice 4x a week.
6. What is lacking from current glove: Durability and Feel are really the biggest issues I have. Durability because I use it so often during the week. I have indoor practices right now so the heat doesnt impact me a lot on the practice days. But hitting as many balls as I do really hurts the glove. I'm definitely not expecting a miracle but two weeks in and the glove is tearing a lot. My rounds I can really feel the glove start to give up. The heat is tremendous. The UA glove performed awesome in the heat and didnt lost its fit but wasnt very durable. The Nike is better durability wise but loses the "fit" feel rather quick.

The feel part comes during the heat and after weeks of my routine. I'm not looking for a never tear glove but something with a mixture of the two gloves I've used over the last year. I want to find a glove I can buy consistantly. I finally learned how to buy the right size not long ago and as with everything, test test test! Thanks again THP!

I'd love the opportunity to test some gloves out. I don't have to battle humidity in WY but there is still plenty of heat. I've never done enough testing/research before buying in the past so I never fell in love with any specific glove. I've just gotten by with what worked for the moment.

1. Brand you normally play: Taylormade Targa
2. RH or LH: Right handed = glove for left hand
3. Size you normally wear: XL (regular or cadet)
4. Why you wear a glove: Better grip with sweaty hands
5. How often you play: 2-3x a week
6. What is lacking from current glove: My hand needs to breathe more

Thanks for the opportunity!

I'd love to test. My current glove just isn't durable enough.
Current glove: MG Golf DynaGrip
RH or LH: I'm a leftie so RH glove
Size normally wore: Cadet ML
Why: I wear a glove to avoid blisters. I also wear them because my hands start to sweat and with my club grips, i can't hold on. I've always worn gloves.
How often do I play: I play at least 3 times a week. Usually 4 or 5.
My current glove is just lacking strength and dryness.

Wow, that's a lot of gloves.

1. Current glove is the FJ Spdr2 (I've played the Weathersoft, Bionic Glove, StaSof for long periods of time before)
2. RH (LH Glove)
3. men's small
4. main reason is probably to keep blisters away.
5. 3-5x a month
6. The Bionic Glove is unbelievable in keeping away blisters with it's padding so having been used to that, the FJ Spdr2 is lacking. It also loses it's tackiness after having used it for 10-15+ rounds. Durability is the #1 reason I play my current glove.

Sounds like fun!!

1. Brand you normally play: Footjoy WeatherSoft or StaySoft
2. RH or LH: Right handed = glove for left hand
3. Size you normally wear: Large
4. Why you wear a glove: Better grip and feel
5. How often you play: 2-3x a week
6. What is lacking from current glove: Breathability and longevity (only seem to last me a month or so in the south Louisiana summer heat/humidity)

Thanks for the opportunity to possibly participate!!

I'd love to be a golf glove tester :)

1. Brand: I've just recently switched to the Bionic (I used to use the TaylorMade Ladies Targa Tour and the Nike Ladies Dura Feel)
2. RH or LH: I'm a righty so I use a left hand glove
3. Size: I've been wearing a medium
4. Why a glove: I wear a glove to prevent getting blisters and for a much better grip
5. How often I play: I play about 2-3 times a week
6. What is lacking from current glove: What is lacking fron my current glove is the right fit.

I used to play cheap balls, then had the opportunity to review some nicer balls from THP, and they've changed my game. If balls can make that much of a difference, I'm sure gloves can as well. I'd love to review a few...

1. Brand you normally Play (I usually play the cheaper Wilsons or generic, Wal-mart brand)
2. RH or LH (I am right handed, so a left hand glove)
3. Size you normally wear (Medium)
4. Why you wear a glove (For a tackier grip (promotes a looser grip), and to prevent blistering)
5. How often you play (Daily, 1-2 hours of range per day, 1 round of golf per week)
6. What is lacking from current glove (Durability, any sort of padding, not the most comfortable, but it "works")

Thanks to THP and the companies for giving members a chance to review the products. It truely makes this forum unique!

JB this is a great opportunity and would love to take part in this project. The humidity here in SE Wisconsin can take a toll on golves and with play 5 days a week I go through them in a hurry!!

1. Brand you normally Play Foot Joy
2. RH or LH Right handed so Left hand glove
3. Size you normally wearA size small
4. Why you wear a glove I have a strong left hand grip and because of that I would always get blisters on my left hand. I used to go with out but now there is no way I would play with out one.
5. How often you playUsually 2 rounds a week and at least 3 range sessions per week. So I am at the course 5 days a week.
6. What is lacking from current glove Durability!! Because I play so much it is hard for me to have a glove last more than a week if not less. I really want a glove that has nice feel but will last for at least 2 weeks as well. I wear the palm and the thumb out of my current glove in no time.

Last edited:
This is so cool, I'd love a chance to review one of these.

1. Right now I play a Taylormade Stratus
2. I should have been more specific, I play right handed and wear a glove on my left hand!
3. I normally wear a Cadet Large, but have been known to wear a couple different sizes depending on the glove
4. I wear a glove because I think it helps me reduce my grip pressure during the swing. Without a glove I feel like I'm squeezing the club too much.
5. I play about twice a week normally, on a good week though I may get in around 3 rounds.
6. My current glove is really lacking two things, first is I don't love the fit, I find it a bit constricting in my movement. And second my had tends to be a little sore after a round, rather than helping alleviate some of the stress on my hand.

Thanks to THP for putting this together.

Last edited:
I would love to test out some gloves.

1. Brand you normally Play - Nike/Footjoy
2. RH or LH - RH
3. Size you normally wear - ML
4. Why you wear a glove - Feels like I have a better grip on the club
5. How often you play - 3 or 4 days a week
6. What is lacking from current glove - I think I would like a glove that is a little more breathable. Durability and comfort is definitely always something I look for.

I'd like to contribute as well if I can...here's my "application":

1. Brand you normally Play FootJoy WeatherSof
2. RH or LH Men's Right Hand (I'm left-handed)
3. Size you normally wear Small usually, although some brands that run small like Callaway Warbird I'd wear a Medium
4. Why you wear a glove Improved grip and hand protection; my hands are already beat up and calloused enough as is
5. How often you play lately it's been 9-holes only 2-3 times a week plus at least once a week hitting balls on a range; work and weather have been the biggest reasons I haven't played more
6. What is lacking from current glove I prefer a nice 'tight' fit, and the FJs fit perfectly and they don't 'stretch out' as much over time. My only complaint with them is the feel of them in hotter weather. As my hand sweats, they get a 'mushy' feel to them so I usually play 2 gloves per round and rotate them every other hole

Last edited:
Back