Clay's CG15 Wedge Review

claycribbs

Fear the Dolphin Swag!
Reaction score
Handicap
I got the 54* CG15 wedge and I thought I would share my thoughts with those on THP.

Fairway: I use this club when I'm anywhere from 65-85 yards out in the fairway, and I must say, it is money! I am always right where I want to be. The spin is great and I love it!

Rough: I haven't used this club a ton out of the rough but when I have it's very easy to hit. I lose some yards but I can still get it 60-70 yards from the rough.

Sand: This is where the CG15 shines. I bought the 54 as my sand wedge and it does just that. My sand game has much improved and the ball always comes out exactly how I want it.

Overall: This club has improved my game. What more can you ask? I wish I would hit my Driver further so I CAN USE THIS THING MORE OFTEN! I love this club! Highly recommended! Thanks for all those on THP convincing me to buy this club!

Good stuff Clay. Glad its working out for you, the CG15's are the only additional club to the bag I'm eyeballing hard....need to get that dang Vokey out LOL.

CG15's are just gorgeous too...so that always helps.

nice review clay! boy, your bag is starting to take some nice shape compared to a few months ago. i'm glad you like the club, i have the cg14 and like it a lot.

just curious, why did you get a 54* and not a 52* and 56* like I see so many others play?

Great job Clay. I bought the CG14 56* last year and it has became my all the time club from inside 100. Early this year I picked up a CG15 52* for shots just over the 100 range and this week I added a 60* CG15. While I like the CG15, I prefer my older CG14. Can't say why, just feels like money. I don't have a clue about the 60* yet. I need time to bond, lol.

just curious, why did you get a 54* and not a 52* and 56* like I see so many others play?

Because I like having an extra fairway wood in the bag and the gap really isn't that big. I just like the 2 wedge system.

nice review Clay. these and the JAWS wedges are my short list for replacing my Mizzys at the end of the season

I have the cg14 wedges but I have to admit I am considering buying the cg15 set. Nice review.

Love my cg 15. It felt heavier than my cg 12's but once I got used to it I loved it. I actually like the weight now, it feels like it cuts through the rough by itself.

good review clay!

Clay,

Good review. I have the same club. Ditto to everything you said. Best sand wedge every.

I replaced a 56 Vokey and Callaway 52 and 60 with a CG15 54 and CG15 58 a couple weeks ago. There is definitely a difference in weight towards the head compared to the other 2 clubs and takes awhile to get used to, I am still not. I will also echo the sand sentiments, they are fantastic out of the sand. I guess that extra head weight really powers through the sand. In the 2 weeks since I have had them and about 7 rounds, I have yet to not escape a bunker and not have a decent sand save shot left. Would definitely recommend for a higher index player. I went with the DSG models of both.

I've had a CG10 54* w/ 10* bounce for a number of years - black - and have loved the versatility. Have been considering replacing it with the newer model. Thanks for the review.

that's exactly what I"m considering is going to 2 wedge as well and was wondering how 54 did out of sand. I did go to a 14 bounce though based on fitting. Florida turf is typically much softer so low bounce digging is not optimal I'm learning. New to fla.

I got the cg15 54 14 and 60 12 haven't hit them yet. I've been a vokey guy for awhile and have liked them but only for speciality shots really not super with them with more of a full shot which is disappointing.

How have they been chipping that's really important as curious with feel if thats hard to get used to?

Back