Anyone played the 2010 Wilson Fybrid HS 3W or FY club?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Let me preface this by saying I played the 2008 fybrids last year and still have one (21*) in my bag and loved them. I nabbed a 24* 2010 a while back and have fallen in love (even with the half/half shaft which is...weird to get used to IMO). Well, I'm seriously considering dropping my Dymo2 4W and 21* hybrid to go with a Fybrid HS 3-wood and Fybrid HS FY bridge club to go with my 24* and settle the top of the bag.

Anyone have any experience with the 2010 Woods or FY clubs?

Thanks a ton!

I think Hawk308 has the 3W and the hybrids.

I play the Wilson 19,5 Fybrid (half/half). It is long and very forgiving. The Fybrid is the straightest hybrid I´ve ever tried. The feel of the bimatrx shaft (2.1 torque) is hard to describe, just different.

Last edited:
Both of these were featured in our inaugural issue of THP the Magazine back in December. Played with them quit a bit. I actually preferred the 09 version. We have also heard that they have a new version coming in a few months as well.

• Staff
That's interesting...a new version already? Hmmmm.

Anywho, what was it you preferred about the older models if you don't mind me asking JB? I love the 2010 24* I have and really like the heavy sole idea in the fairways since I'm almost always taking fairways off the turf and rarely the tee.

Thanks a ton!

That's interesting...a new version already? Hmmmm.

Anywho, what was it you preferred about the older models if you don't mind me asking JB? I love the 2010 24* I have and really like the heavy sole idea in the fairways since I'm almost always taking fairways off the turf and rarely the tee.

Thanks a ton!

I preferred teh feel and the audible sound of the 09 version. Strictly a personal preference. But for me another thing I noticed was when I hit the ball thin, it was more forgiving than that of the Spring 10 version. Just for me and purely personal.

• Staff
I preferred teh feel and the audible sound of the 09 version. Strictly a personal preference. But for me another thing I noticed was when I hit the ball thin, it was more forgiving than that of the Spring 10 version. Just for me and purely personal.

I do agree on the sounds, thats for sure. The 2010 is nice, but I did love the persimmon like sound of the 09's for sure.

Thanks JB.

Back