equipment testing

ulle73

Reaction score
Handicap
i see all over here people testing stuff for THP, im wondering how i can apply to to this? or how it works?

Testing is something that occurs frequently and you will see sign up threads for it. Remember that testing generally only is done by members that post often and are active on the forum :)

Testing is something that occurs frequently and you will see sign up threads for it. Remember that testing generally only is done by members that post often and are active on the forum :)

What he said ^^^^

There will be threads to announce testing opportunities and all you need to do is answer the questions and throw your name in the hat.

What they said ^^^^^

What he said ^^^^

There will be threads to announce testing opportunities and all you need to do is answer the questions and throw your name in the hat.

okay, thanks :D under which sub category is it? Golf clubs, balls and accessories?

okay, thanks :D under which sub category is it? Golf clubs, balls and accessories?
Everyone I have seen was under that category.

Yep. You can also use the new posts button.

There are signups to test the SCOR clubs right now. Also, remember that it can take awhile before you become a tester here and it's not always for clubs. Sometimes it's for towels, balls, or training aids.

Typically. Trust me man, when the next opportunity comes up, you won't miss the thread. They're usually pretty big.

Typically. Trust me man, when the next opportunity comes up, you won't miss the thread. They're usually pretty big.

What he said. They are constantly updated they should always be at the top of whatever forum category they are under.

Just keep checking with the new posts button. You won't miss it.

Just keep checking with the new posts button. You won't miss it.

Yeah, what they ALL said. Put all their posts in one BIG post, and you'll have your answer.

okay, great :D what kind of stuff have you guys been testing? and also how long did it take for you to become a tester?

Just stay active within the forum and you will be well aware of all types of interesting activities, golf with fellow thpr's, coverage of the Morgan Cup, Major Contest, testing thread,etc....Just stay active for more than just testing.

okay, great :D what kind of stuff have you guys been testing? and also how long did it take for you to become a tester?

It depends on the forum member man. Those that are active and jump in and answer questions and develop bonds and friendships are usually those that get to test. My first testing was the Burner 2.0 irons and I had been here for like 14 months up until then. A lot of the testing excludes lefties, so that doesn't make it easy to get in on everything.

This forum is so much more than testing dude. I was so thrilled to be picked to test the Vision Golf balls and the iCaddi towel, but more than testing I have learned so much about how golf works. I grew up in a house where my dad was so busy he hadn't played golf since I was born. That being said I bought my first set of clubs when I was 18 (3 years ago). I have taught myself everything, but have learned so much about how the swing works and what drills to use to fix swing flaws, and 99% of that info has come from this site.

I also learned about how important getting fitted for clubs were. Combine this with the fact that these are some of the nicest people on the web and that GG and JB work their tails off to produce the greatest forum in the world and it is pretty obvious that this website is more than testing. I hope you get selected one day, but it would be a shame if all you worried about was the testing because you will miss out on a gold mine of information.

Just my 2 cents..

Reactions: TC
It depends on the forum member man. Those that are active and jump in and answer questions and develop bonds and friendships are usually those that get to test. My first testing was the Burner 2.0 irons and I had been here for like 14 months up until then. A lot of the testing excludes lefties, so that doesn't make it easy to get in on everything.

Agreed. Being a lefty isn't always great. Mostly I'd say that you have to show that you can be trusted to give feedback on what you get to test and not take it as a one-and-done. This is a great community so come on on and be active!

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

This forum is so much more than testing dude. I was so thrilled to be picked to test the Vision Golf balls and the iCaddi towel, but more than testing I have learned so much about how golf works. I grew up in a house where my dad was so busy he hadn't played golf since I was born. That being said I bought my first set of clubs when I was 18 (3 years ago). I have taught myself everything, but have learned so much about how the swing works and what drills to use to fix swing flaws, and 99% of that info has come from this site.

I also learned about how important getting fitted for clubs were. Combine this with the fact that these are some of the nicest people on the web and that GG and JB work their tails off to produce the greatest forum in the world and it is pretty obvious that this website is more than testing. I hope you get selected one day, but it would be a shame if all you worried about was the testing because you will miss out on a gold mine of information.

Just my 2 cents..

Great post, very well said!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Agreed. Being a lefty isn't always great. Mostly I'd say that you have to show that you can be trusted to give feedback on what you get to test and not take it as a one-and-done. This is a great community so come on on and be active!

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

At least no one asks to borrow your equipment and then proceeds to sky your brand new driver. :D

Just my 2 cents..

i didnt sign up for testing, didnt even know that there was testing until after a few days, i totally agree what you are saying, posted some videos of my swing, and got instand tips and drills to correct my swing, love this site, just asking out of curiousity :)

i didnt sign up for testing, didnt even know that there was testing until after a few days, i totally agree what you are saying, posted some videos of my swing, and got instand tips and drills to correct my swing, love this site, just asking out of curiousity :)

Nothing wrong with that, ulle. It's one of the many great things about THP.

At least no one asks to borrow your equipment and then proceeds to sky your brand new driver. :D

This is one of the few plusses I have found about being a lefty. At least until my friends say let me try to tee a ball up left handed. Thats usually at the driving range and then I pull out the hammer I got at the thrift store for a dollar and let them hit that instead. I am not having sky marks on my new superfast 2.0 haha

I have been lucky enough to test the Vision Golf Balls and am waiting for the iCaddi towel to arrive so I can start testing that for THP. This place is easily the best golf site on the net. Very happy I found the place and if I never get selected to test again I will consider myself fortunate enough to have tested 2 products for THP and the respective OEM's.

I have been lucky enough to test the Vision Golf Balls and am waiting for the iCaddi towel to arrive so I can start testing that for THP. This place is easily the best golf site on the net. Very happy I found the place and if I never get selected to test again I will consider myself fortunate enough to have tested 2 products for THP and the respective OEM's.

totally agree :)

There is a lot to do and learn on THP, I wouldn't hold my breath for testing though. The reason I was pulled into this forum was to learn. You will find out everything you ever wanted to know about new equipment that is coming out and how it performs. I have made nearly all of my purchasing decisions since I joined because of reviews or conversations I have had on this site. I do take the opportunity to review products that I have purchased on my own as well, especially if there isn't already a thread on that product. I believe it can help others make decisions like I have from reviews on here.

As far as being picked for testing. This is the activity of the people that were selected for the most recent testing.
Posts Join Date
116 July ‘11
145 June ‘11
214 April ‘11
320 June ‘11
351 July ‘11
446 Oct ‘10
1,191 Oct ‘10
2,042 Aug ‘10
27,894 Oct ‘08

You can see that if you are very active you can get picked for a test the month after you signed up. But there really is no rhyme or reason other than that. So stay active and participate in as much as you can if you want to have the opportunity to review a product for the forum members. Oh, and be very thorough in your review, I think every forum member loves detail, pictures and video!

Back