Mizuno JPX-800 Driver Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I really like this driver. I dont know why Mizuno players like Luke Donald choose not to hit this driver and choose the R11. Great driver. A steal in my opinion.

great review.. unsure of the dark blue finish, bu if i have the chance, ill def give this a swing!!

Nice write-up Jake! Glanced at these a few times but never took the time to swing one. Sounds like while it does not have mind-blowing distance it can really help with accuracy which most of us are willing to make that trade for.

Great review! I think this driver looks awesome. I can’t wait to get some hits in with it. I know it will perform. Thanks for the awesome review.

Great Review! Hadn't heard much about this driver, but it definitely looks nice. Might have to go find one and hit it a few times.

Lots of great information here, Jake. I like that you saw more accuracy, but distance didn't seem to suffer. This is one that I'd like to hit sometime soon. Like you, I've never really associated Mizuno with their woods, so hearing that you liked it so much has me very interested. Thanks!

Nice review Jake! A little concerned about the sound/feel part but based on your results its a must try it seems.

Bangin' review Jake! Love the info you laid out for us. Accuracy and distance? Sounds like Mizuno combined some of their iron traits into their driver. Nice move on their part.

Great review and very well done Jake!
Thank you for putting in the time and effort.
Reviews like this is one of the big reasons I really enjoy THP.

One of the best reviews I've read, I'm a pretty big Mizuno fan and have yet to jump into the driver offerings. Based on your review of this stick
I'm certainly going to give it a whirl man, Thanks..

That's a nice write up there Jake. I really need to get my hands on this thing and give it a ride. I too think its odd that the likes of Luke Donald games an R11 when something like this is out there... but I'm not getting paid to play.

Great job Jake. Thanks for all the info, well done!

Nice write up Jake. I know that this sleeper of a driver may have found a way to put itself into your golf bag and that in itself is great. Did I read you correct when you said it's available in RH only?

Great review Jake. Can you tell us a little more about the shaft? How it performs? Does it stack up against the major players in the shaft game? Would the driver head be suited well with another brand of shaft? An aftermarket shaft?

Nice write up Jason. Some really good feedback was given regarding this driver.

Nice review. I look forward to trying this driver out for myself...if I can find a shop around here that carries them.

Nice write-up. I have yet to hit any mizuno drivers. I play the irons so I should give them a chance. Unfortunately they are not part of many demo days or outings locally. I'll have to check their fitting website again to see if any are in the area.

Good review Jake. I used Mizuno woods, and by woods I mean persimmon, back in the early 80s and they were stunners. Never really got on with their early metals as I found the stock shafts somewhat lackluster, but when they brought the T-Zoid range of BIG head woods out they were once again at the forefront of metal wood design.

Will certainly give this one a trial if I can get my hands on one.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. I was definitely pleasantly surprised I guess is the term I'd use. TC, it is right-handed only in the high loft only, otherwise available in lefty-love as well. I'm loving the ball flight with this driver, a legitimate mid flight that is what I prefer with a driver.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Awesome I never have considered mizuno drivers. I will have to look into these

Tap tap taparoo

Excellent review. This is another one to add to my list to try. So many clubs, so little time!

I actually just got this driver. It was by far the best feeling driver i tested. I was convinced that I was going to get a Ping g15 or i15 when I walked in. I hit taylormade, ping, adams, titleist, and tour edge drivers and this had the best feel of all of them. I was looking for a new driver after my short love affair with the Nike SQ Machspeed. I think I just got tired of the square head and technology is so good now that you don't really need a square head to maximize MOI. This was also the straightest driver i tested. The only thing is, it didn't get the distance of the g15 or i15. That being said, I was still consistently hitting this driver 280-285 and straight. The i15 was the longest, but it was only the longest when i hit it right in the middle of the club face....and while i appreciate the feedback and the training aspect of learning to hit it on the screws every time, i want something I can have confidence in every time i go to hit it. I just never felt comfortable with the g15 for some reason. It felt harsher than the i15 and the mizuno and I just never was comfortable with it in my hands.

Actually, if money was no object, and PING participated in discount programs, the g20 would have been a great option. I hit it as well and it had a great feel and went a mile. But with my options being what they were, i just kept going back to the JPX 800. The JPX 800 is something that everyone should at least hit if you are looking for a new driver. Hit it, you'll love the way it feels and you'll love how straight it is. You just have to know if you want to have a great feeling straight/accurate driver or something to bomb each time. If you want the former, not the latter, this is probably the best option out there.

Now, if i could only get my hands on a set of mizuno irons....

Last edited:
Back