Face angle on Burner SF 2.0 Driver

Foreplay

Reaction score
Handicap
I am currently hitting a Cleveland xl270 10.5 R. I've read that the TM SF 2.0 Driver is 2* closed.

Can anyone confirm that? I struggle with a slice every once in awhile. I am hoping the 2* will help.

Sorry. Had to rush the first message. I ordered a 10.5 Burner SF 2.0 in stiff hoping it is 2* closed. Looking for more of a draw driven driver. I don't slice all the time and realize that's my swing problem. I searched all over looking for a definitive answer with no luck.

The standard version is 1-2 degrees closed. The TP version is the opposite

2 degrees closed for the non-TP, 1 degree open for the TP is what I understood to be true with the SF 2.0s

Awesome. Thank you guys. I just want a little extra help to keep the ball out of the right.

Awesome. Thank you guys. I just want a little extra help to keep the ball out of the right.

Should help. My Ping K15 is 2 degrees closed and it is very straight with a basic swing but can still be worked in both directions if need be.

I have the 30 day playability program with my purchase. If I don't like the Burner 2.0 I may send in my Cleveland along with the 2.0 and get the K15. How you like it? I was just fulling around with the 2.0 at Dunhams and the Stiff shaft felt a little whippy. But I like how it looks at address.

They are DEFINITELY closed... I have not hit the TP version yet, but I don't think there is any question that the standard model plays a bit closed.

closed for sure, no doubt about it

I have the TP version and it is definitely fade biased. I close the club face down at address to straighten and draw the ball.

I play regular SF and struggle with hooks, so I do the opposite of the TP playing above does, I set up with it open.

Also, I was REALLY surprised at the lie angle of the SF vs. SFTP vs R11. Something like 61, 59, 57. No wonder the SF goes left more often!

Yeah. I sent it back and picking up either the R11 or Titey 910d2.

Last edited:
My friend has a 910 D3 that I love. I've hit 3 drives with it 3/3 fairways avg distance 305 yds. My superfast tp I average about 290. Varies depending on which ball I'm playing. But I love my Superfast to much to get rid of. I can get a brand new 910 d2-d3 with whatever shaft I want in it for 270$.

My friend has a 910 D3 that I love. I've hit 3 drives with it 3/3 fairways avg distance 305 yds. My superfast tp I average about 290. Varies depending on which ball I'm playing. But I love my Superfast to much to get rid of. I can get a brand new 910 d2-d3 with whatever shaft I want in it for 270$.

I'm jealous. I'm paying 399.99 with stock shaft.

Last edited:
Back