Am I a bad Dad for getting upset when my children don't want to brush their teeth before bed? Because everyone in this house seems to think so...
Stay the course cause it gets worse when they're young adults. Just different opportunities to exert your fatherly charm! Hahaha

Am I a bad Dad for getting upset when my children don't want to brush their teeth before bed? Because everyone in this house seems to think so...

Not at all. Mine brush theirs every night. Try explaining a dental bill. Maybe that will help :wink:

I mean you would think I asked them to drink pickle juice. Even my wife jumped up because it was ruining her watching a show. Damn I need RTJ!
Heh ... my wife will ask questions all the time during a show of mine, and then gets upset with me when I get irritated. But try asking her a question during a episode of the Bachelor ... forget it!

Enjoy the Kickoff Classic!

Mine cry when we forget to brush their teeth. I guess it's a good thing to have. Haha.

Keep at it man, if they get upset with you it's only because you are being a good dad. It's tough sometimes, I know, but they will thank you later in life.

I loathe day care. The day care my son has gone to for about 3 years is pretty good. The teachers are nice. Most of them seem to be doing it for the kids and not just for the paycheck but there are a few thrown in that are just in it for the little bit of money it gives.

Yesterday I arrived to pick up my son. I have to walk past the directors (principle) office. She gives me the finger through the window. Well it was the come in here gesture with the finger. :act-up: So I stop in. She asks if I got a phone call from the teacher or my Aunt who works there. I told her I did not. She informs me that there was an incident involving my son, who was the victim. She quickly threw that in there. While in class my son was punched in the stomach. She said he was pretty pale when he came down to the office. So I'm assuming he got the wind knocked out of him. She said the kid was immediately sent home. I just said ok and thanked her for telling me and went and got my son.

When I got to his classroom his teacher was there and was very apologetic about it happening. I told her it was ok, it happens. Kids will do those things. I mean they are 4-5 years old. It happens. Of course they aren't allowed to tell me who hit him. Well my son walked up at that point and straight threw the kid under the bus. You've got to love the honesty of a 4 year old. I figured it was that kid anyway. I asked her if it was the same kid I had witnessed getting in trouble once before when I was in the school and she confirmed that it was. I thanked her for handling it and letting me know what happened.

So fast forward to this morning. My son got up and was complaining that his stomach hurt and he didn't feel good. So I took his temp and he didn't have one. So I told him to get dressed because he was going to school. That's when it came out that he didn't want to go to school because of that kid. So we had a 5 minute fight about whether he was going to school or not. I eventually won. Not that he stood a chance because I was going to take him to school kicking and screaming if I had to. We told him to just stay away from that kid and if he won't leave him alone to let the teacher know.

It sucks that at 4 years old, he's already lying about being sick so he doesn't have to be around another kid.

It's time to fight the battle and get the girls in their rooms. Currently they only sleep there when they have a sleep over, otherwise the little one sleeps in the guest bedroom because according to her has the "big bed" and my oldest is scared of her own shadow sleeps with us.

So i'm dangling the June Disney trip as incentive to sleep in their room. They need to do this or no Disney. I got some confused looks last night and the oldest agreed, but the little one told me "that's ok, you guys go and I'll stay with a sitter"..... yeah my hands are full with that one.

It's time to fight the battle and get the girls in their rooms. Currently they only sleep there when they have a sleep over, otherwise the little one sleeps in the guest bedroom because according to her has the "big bed" and my oldest is scared of her own shadow sleeps with us.

So i'm dangling the June Disney trip as incentive to sleep in their room. They need to do this or no Disney. I got some confused looks last night and the oldest agreed, but the little one told me "that's ok, you guys go and I'll stay with a sitter"..... yeah my hands are full with that one.
Haha. Those little ones... they are tough little cookies.

We struggled with this for awhile. We could get them in their bed but around 3 or 4 in the morning they would always come sleep in our room. Got tired of getting kicked and punched and put an end to it quickly but it's not easy. Good luck.

Haha. Those little ones... they are tough little cookies.

We struggled with this for awhile. We could get them in their bed but around 3 or 4 in the morning they would always come sleep in our room. Got tired of getting kicked and punched and put an end to it quickly but it's not easy. Good luck.

We definitely have to stand our ground and I suspect some late night testing will happen, but it's my wife I have to prep. She's the pushover and will sleep upstairs to appease them or let them crawl in bed with us.

We definitely have to stand our ground and I suspect some late night testing will happen, but it's my wife I have to prep. She's the pushover and will sleep upstairs to appease them or let them crawl in bed with us.
Same here. My wife just grumbles and turns over. I'm usually knocked out and don't realize they are in bed until I take one to the family jewels.

I'm not sure how I'm going to survive the rest of my daughters teen years. I lover her to death but the complete lack of self awareness and self entitled attitude are maddening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was all solved when our oldest had 2 cavities with her baby teeth and had to be filled. The other 2 saw that and it's been no issues having them brush since then. LOL.

Some good kiddo stories in here lately. Bullies, bedtime fun and the teen years. I am so not looking forward to the teen years.

So the bubster went to bed at 9 last night. Simply refused to go to sleep. We've been trying to give him Pediasure at night with the hopes that something a bit "heavier than milk" at night would carry him through the night so he wouldn't wake up. Not really working by the way. Despite my intention to go to sleep as soon as he did, the wife talked me into staying up and catching up on a series we're trying to wrap up. So ... bed at 11. At 2, guess what ... kiddo wakes up. I didn't get up. He screamed his head off for 10 minutes at which point the wife got up to soothe him. That went on for about 10 minutes. She then came back to bed, and he screamed for 10 more ... then went silent. I stared at the ceiling for another hour.

He woke up again at 6:45 at which point I just went up and got him dressed. Walked into his room and everything that had been in his crib, blanket, stuffed animal, his pacifier ... all tossed as far away from the crib as possible. Guess someone was pissed last night about being left in his crib. LOL. At least we got to school/work early today.

Yeah, as frustrating as sleep time can be ... this little ham still makes my heart sing.

12694821_1053784364644464_5510136696772766504_o.jpg

Just a quick heads up to some of you guys....here's a little something I learned the hard way. NEVER threaten a consequence you're not willing to execute. I've gone as far as establishing fake made up play date, just to take it away as a consequence...just to let them know I mean business.

Just a quick heads up to some of you guys....here's a little something I learned the hard way. NEVER threaten a consequence you're not willing to execute. I've gone as far as establishing fake made up play date, just to take it away as a consequence...just to let them know I mean business.

Unfortunately my wife is the Queen of idle threats. Finally convinced her to make good on one of them. Hopefully that starts a trend.

Unfortunately my wife is the Queen of idle threats. Finally convinced her to make good on one of them. Hopefully that starts a trend.

It's tough when you make the wrong threats. Like not taking them somewhere that you know damn well you're not gonna leave them behind.

A few times I announced that we'd go to the movies on Saturday if they all behave. I have good kids, but we have our "moments", and I had no intentions of taking them to the movies that Saturday..... So around Wednesday came the "This is your last chance, or we're not going to the movies!!" I could tell they thought I was bluffing....On Thursday the older one AKA Lord of the Flies gave me a sassy little backtalk and I looked at her like the Terminator "No movies. That's it!" She huffed and puffed, and I could tell she still had hope thta I was bluffing. Saturday came....no movies. Dad is the mother****ing man. No nonsense.

No you are not.

Message for wife: thank me when we don't get the dentist's bill and household budget has to be diverted away from gratuitous spending - like a date night out for us - toward an unnecessary and expensive dental procedure; also thank me when you don't have to comfort crying kids who's mouth hurts.

Message to children: How would you like to have a big drill dig a hole in your tooth. Before that happens you have to get a shot in your mouth with a big needle. Do either of those things sound like fun? No? Well, there's any easy way to not have it happen...BRUSH YOUR TEETH!

(I could be speaking from experience. Maybe)

It's tough when you make the wrong threats. Like not taking them somewhere that you know damn well you're not gonna leave them behind.

A few times I announced that we'd go to the movies on Saturday if they all behave. I have good kids, but we have our "moments", and I had no intentions of taking them to the movies that Saturday..... So around Wednesday came the "This is your last chance, or we're not going to the movies!!" I could tell they thought I was bluffing....On Thursday the older one AKA Lord of the Flies gave me a sassy little backtalk and I looked at her like the Terminator "No movies. That's it!" She huffed and puffed, and I could tell she still had hope thta I was bluffing. Saturday came....no movies. Dad is the mother****ing man. No nonsense.
Dude, I love this one. Standing firm on the false promise. That gave me a much needed LOL.

My dad was diagnosed with diabetes a couple months ago. Found out today he has lost a bunch of weight but lately hasn't lost any more. He has a colonoscopy scheduled on Mar 1. Times like this is when it sux living in a different state.

My dad was diagnosed with diabetes a couple months ago. Found out today he has lost a bunch of weight but lately hasn't lost any more. He has a colonoscopy scheduled on Mar 1. Times like this is when it sux living in a different state.
I am diabetic and when I was diagnosed with it, I lost a bunch of weight as well, due to the medication. I leveled off after a couple of months and then started gaining weight again. Much like what your dad is going through. Hopefully this is the case and nothing else. Hope everything goes well.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

prayers and thoughts to you and your family!

I am diabetic and when I was diagnosed with it, I lost a bunch of weight as well, due to the medication. I leveled off after a couple of months and then started gaining weight again. Much like what your dad is going through. Hopefully this is the case and nothing else. Hope everything goes well.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

thats good to know. I appreciate that info and hopefully that is what it is.

The fun just doesn't stop ... our oldest has to have another ear surgery, and tonsillectomy & adenoids removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back