THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Had plans on hitting the range after these meetings the last 2 days, but nothing has worked out... definitely going tomorrow, and probably Thursday. Playing the Bridges Saturday!
Coming to the Arundel Demo day tomorrow night?

I'll have my first competitive round of the year on Wednesday in a league. Anxious to see how it goes.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

too late to get in Rob?

I'll have my first competitive round of the year on Wednesday in a league. Anxious to see how it goes.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Hey Rob...2 of the guys in my regular foursome for the league won't be playing the first couple of weeks. I don't know if you are playing with anyone but your certainly welcome to join us tomorrow. Looking forward to getting the league started!
Joe

Hey guys lets keep this at least a little bit about the event, the course, the sponsor, etc.

Thanks guys.

Going to try to get in a round tomorrow morning to see how my swing is working. Been out in the yard working on it without contact with a ball, so no clue.

Hoping to get this swing in working order soon! Interested to see how the pairings are going to shake out!

THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

We're into the season about a month....how are the Handicaps looking?

I started at 10.6 and I'm up to 10.8

I was 9.8 and now a 9.2 but I play the same course 95% of the time so it's a little skewed! Getting better but still a long way to go!

I came into the new year with a hdcp around 2. I'm now I think around 3ish maybe a 4. Short game is killing me.

This winter has just not been good to us for practicing and playing. Got out today and hit the range. Felt good.

Hope to really start getting in some short game work.

I was 9.8 and now a 9.2 but I play the same course 95% of the time so it's a little skewed! Getting better but still a long way to go!

Same here. Folks say wow your almost scratch. But I play the same course 99.9% of the time. I know every spot on the course. There are no surprises.

My game travels ok. I will tend to shoot 6-8 over par when I travel.

So that's that

Started at 9.8 up to 10.2

Up to 6.1 from 5.8. It's early. Start slow, finish strong.

With everyone posting a climb, I don't feel so bad.....but the real question is...where will be when we meet up in July?

I expect to be around a 9. I don't see it dropping to far by July.

Anyone else think the early spring winds effect the rise in handicaps? I haven't played on a calm day the last 5 rounds.

I want to be a real 7 which will take a lot work between now and then but I'm dedicated to the effort!

I'm not sure it's winds or more of a rust situation. Pretty typical to see a little jump in early part of the season for me.

I want to be a real 7 which will take a lot work between now and then but I'm dedicated to the effort!

I like the enthusiasm and goal.

And this isn't directed at you. But, I will say I don't care what the handicap number is. It comes down to playing to that number. Vanity handicaps kill teams, I've seen it to many times in these events. If you're an 18, that's great, play to an 18. Not an 18 playing to a 24.

With everyone posting a climb, I don't feel so bad.....but the real question is...where will be when we meet up in July?

My goal is 4.5-5. I'm hoping all of the short game work I've been doing will get me there quicker.

My HOPE is, with this new instructor, I get to around an 18 (or at least trending the direction). If it turns out I can play at that level, but rate as a 20 I won't complain. That's a couple extra pops for me. :D

Last edited:

I went up to 9's but it's because I've been playing in 30 mph winds. I wanted to be prepared for the competition by playing in bad conditions.

This is where I'm hoping to get to. But my goal is to play to whatever my cap is.

Anyone else think the early spring winds effect the rise in handicaps? I haven't played on a calm day the last 5 rounds.

I had some upper 80s/low 90s round late last year when I wasn't able to practice much. The first rounds of the year after the the winter were all rust and again in the same range as late last year. My only hdcp round so far this year was a lot of goods with some bad that caused a couple blow up holes.

Started at a 17.3 and I'm trending to a 16.7 but we haven't had a revision yet. That's sorta what I expected with all the lessons and work I put in over the winter.

Hey guys lets keep this at least a little bit about the event, the course, the sponsor, etc.

Thanks guys.
sorry I thought I posted in the wrong thread, thought it was the local one.

But on topic of THP Regional Rivalry, we are less than 90 days out and this is going to be here before we know it. Looking forward to going down top Royal New Kent next weekend and giving it another look.

I like the enthusiasm and goal.

And this isn't directed at you. But, I will say I don't care what the handicap number is. It comes down to playing to that number. Vanity handicaps kill teams, I've seen it to many times in these events. If you're an 18, that's great, play to an 18. Not an 18 playing to a 24.
Kev:

I understand, just a personal goal on my part (but I do want to help the team). Have been working on getting back there since I herniated a disk in my lower back 2 years ago.

I don't have enough rounds in for it to give me an index yet, it will soon. But based on the two in there I would be right around a 21 or 22.

I would be happy with a legit 17 by then. Although what's the rule of thumb you will only play to your handicap 1/4 of the time since it's your potential, not your actual expected score.

Back