threeboysdad

Reaction score
Handicap
Old age
Anyone played Tannenbaum or Mountain Ranch? We are heading up there next month for a weekend trip. Looks they are nice courses.

T3r%20copy.jpg

If it as beautiful as the picture it will be Great Enjoy>>

That is a great looking par 3.

Wow! What a picture!

I've played Mountain Ranch, but not Tannenbaum. From all accounts, Tannenbaum is the prettier but harder of the two courses. A friend of mine that has played Tannenbaum, once described it to me as trying to hit a tee shot down the lane of a bowling alley.
I found the greens at Mountain Ranch to be hard (playing in the rain and had a 7 iron approach hit the green and bounce 6' in the air) but they rolled well. Usually they have a deal where you can play both courses on the same day, only having to pay a replay fee at the second course.
Also, if you are coming up I-30 from Texas, you might want to detour to Glenwood and play the course there. It came under new ownership last summer and they have really made a ton of improvements. The new greens were in great shape when I was there earlier this year, not to mention they have a friendly staff and great food.

Thanks for the info. We are heading up on a Friday and if we get there in time we might try Red Apple also but I will keep Glenwood in mind. Tannenbaum does look like it will be a challenge. We are staying in a house on Little River and hope to get some fishing in also.

Another course in the Heber Springs area is Lost Creek. It's not on the same level as Tannenbaum, Mountain Ranch or Red Apple, but it's a decent course with a friendly staff and a low price. It's been a while since I played there, but at that time, the greens and the course itself were well kept.

Thats some good information. I saw that course but could not find a web site for them and the last review for them was in 09 so I was not sure they were still open. I just called them and they are and since its about 2 miles from where we will be staying I think we will play it. Should be a nice warm up for Tannenbaum and Mountain Ranch. Thanks again for the info. I will let you know how it goes after we get back.

Thats some good information. I saw that course but could not find a web site for them and the last review for them was in 09 so I was not sure they were still open. I just called them and they are and since its about 2 miles from where we will be staying I think we will play it. Should be a nice warm up for Tannenbaum and Mountain Ranch. Thanks again for the info. I will let you know how it goes after we get back.

Good deal. I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes.
One of these days I plan to get back up that way for a Tannenbaum and Mountain Ranch double play.

Just got back from Greers Ferry AR lake area where we played 72 holes Friday thru Sunday. We played 18 at Lost Creek which is an old country course. Not to difficult but the greens had a problem and one was marked ground under repair on 3/4 of the green. You just never knew which way the ball would bounce as it was trying to get to the hole. Mountain Ranch is a really nice course and we playe 36 holes there on Saturday. The bar and food were good. Then on Sunday we played 18 at Tannenbaum and WOW what a nice course! It is the hardest of the three courses (where I had my best round!). And Arkie as you friend said "A friend of mine that has played Tannenbaum, once described it to me as trying to hit a tee shot down the lane of a bowling alley" he is right on. Great views for all three courses. It was cloudy all weekend so the pictures are not that good with either my iphone or the camera.

http://s1044.photobucket.com/albums/b446/txcoach/Arkansas trip 2011/

It was a great weekend of golf with three friends!

That first pic is from that one elevated tee shot on a par 5 at Mountain Ranch isn't it? That's one of the most intimidating shots on that course.

Just got back from Greers Ferry AR lake area where we played 72 holes Friday thru Sunday. We played 18 at Lost Creek which is an old country course. Not to difficult but the greens had a problem and one was marked ground under repair on 3/4 of the green. You just never knew which way the ball would bounce as it was trying to get to the hole. Mountain Ranch is a really nice course and we playe 36 holes there on Saturday. The bar and food were good. Then on Sunday we played 18 at Tannenbaum and WOW what a nice course! It is the hardest of the three courses (where I had my best round!). And Arkie as you friend said "A friend of mine that has played Tannenbaum, once described it to me as trying to hit a tee shot down the lane of a bowling alley" he is right on. Great views for all three courses. It was cloudy all weekend so the pictures are not that good with either my iphone or the camera.

http://s1044.photobucket.com/albums/b446/txcoach/Arkansas trip 2011/

It was a great weekend of golf with three friends!

Awesome pictures threeboys.

OT, but is one of the guys wearing a Dallas Tigers hat?

Yes it is but we played the White tees! It is a big dogleg right with the fairway sloping down to the left.

We played the whites when I was there. On the last day, our match was already decided, so we all chose to play that hole from the tips. One of the guys in our group reached the green in two and ended up with a tap in bird. Funny thing is, I think he took a 7 or 8 on it during the morning round from the whites. lol.

Back